worth cycling while working 60-70hrs a week? (construction)

Bustedchalk

My diet and my work out is in check, been busting my balls before work and have the weekends to hit the gym also if needed.

Would it be worth cycling, or wait until winter when I'm laid off? I think there might be some benefits of working construction while on cycle, due to my activity level, or am i mistaken?

I should mention my diet and work out better in check while I'm working as I find it easy to be in a routine during the week. When I'm laid off I do a lot of traveling and have a much loser routine.

As long as you're getting some good sleep I say go for it. I've gotten screwed into 16 day stretches of 12 hour shifts, then a day off, and repeat, while I was on cycle, it really wears on your body but the main thing is good diet and lots of rest.
If your construction duties keep you fairly active, consider that your form of cardio, maybe up the calories a bit more, and your cycle could be a successful lean mass run depending on what you plan to take.

What are you stats? Age?

6'0
195ish

I wanna lean out a bit first.

I get 8 hours of sleep every night during the week and much more on the weekends, like I said my routine during the week while working is spot on. I'm a pipe layer/excavator operator so I split my time between doing physical work along with running equipment. Also I never work weekends/long weekends.

I have been wearing a body media that tracks how many calories I burn and I am in the 4500-5000 range and according to the weight I've lost already using this things its pretty accurate. So i'm guessing I could use work as a replacement for cardio.

Actually, my first cycle I ran was while I was working for a tree service. I kind of regret it because I really wasn't able to determine at all how well the gear was working since busting your ass all day dragging around trees and brush and shit doesn't really help in the gym.

If you can sleep, eat, and train right-then I say why not. However, if one of those things is not 100% then dont waste your time.

If you can sleep, eat, and train right-then I say why not. However, if one of those things is not 100% then dont waste your time.

Only thing I'm not a 100 percent on is sleep, I am in bed for 8+ hours a night, but Body Media tracks my sleep and it says I'm only getting 65-75% efficiency.

I can see where I get up in the middle of the night to go pee, so I would think its pretty accurate, I guess I wake up lots in the in the middle of the night and only spend about 4-5 hrs in REM over the 8 hour span, that or I move around a lot. I always wake up with the sheets and covers all over the place.

I've just started taking melatonian and it seems to have improved to a constant 75%.

you should be fine bro. I work construction myself (fencing) and I love the fact that I can out lift everyone out there n have a shit load of energy n strength throughout the day liftin n haulin shit all over the place. n after the work day is over ill go to the gym n lift still n as long as you're eating enough n definitely gettin enough sleep you'll be good. plus you work the muscles that you cant always hit in the gym. you'll start growin muscle in places that you didnt know you could grow muscle in, and then you'll put more muscle on top of that haha

I remember reading that Arnold and Franco took roofing and brick laying jobs when they were "coming up". They claim they made killer gains while working heavy duty jobs 8-10 hours a day . I know these kind of jobs really helped my forearm development ...~Bo

I remember reading that Arnold and Franco took roofing and brick laying jobs when they were "coming up". They claim they made killer gains while working heavy duty jobs 8-10 hours a day . I know these kind of jobs really helped my forearm development ...~Bo

i 2nd the forearm development!

I used to do pipeline and oilfield work while both on and off cycle. It's definately doable just make sure you're factoring in the extra energy expenditure for what youre trying to accomplish. Never been a big protien powder/mrp fan but in a manual labor environment there a godsend

Definetly doable, i done 18 months straight of 12 to 18 hours days without a problem. Just make sure ur diet is in check

Back