9-11 where were you

Lets get back to the "where were you" part of the thread. It's interesting to hear how vivid so many remember exactly what they were doing.

Please

I ll start another thread on serving, terrorism, mislad masses and the need to kill. In 14 years I never ever shot to kill..the day I should have sot that guy...I hesitated.

I got one eye and 1 metal knee...for my indecision and reluctance..

But let s keep this chilled or end it.

Back then, I was working the swing shift (5:30 p.m.-2 a.m.) at my job. Sometime around 3:30, I usually turned in for bed, while listening to my stereo to put me to sleep. The Howard Stern Show always came on by 3 so I'd eventually drift off to it. By the time I wake up, his replay is playing. But on that day, it was different.

As usual, I had gone to bed at about 3:30 and went fast to sleep. Somewhere around 7 or so, I turned around in bed and while still sleep, I could hear the stereo. One of the guys on the show, Stuttering John Manandez, told Howard, "THE TOWERS ARE GONE." I chuckled thinking that it was some kind of comedy sketch. But I heard Howard say, "FACE IT, WE'RE AT WAR NOW. WE'RE BEING ATTACKED ON OUR OWN LAND." Realizing that it was not a comedy sketch, I quickly got out of bed to hear more of it. Then turned on the t.v. to see what I can hear on the news. I saw the twin towers fall on the news and was still in disbelief. So then I called my brother and asked WTF was happening. Then he told me exactly what Howard Stern said, "WE'VE BEEN ATTACKED."

I was a youngster watchin tele eating Mac and cheese!,no disrespect Teutonic but with this topic people will prolly wear their heart on their sleeve. First off I don't believe in the war you have served BUT I do admire the intent,your will will to help other people, and bravery while most sit on the sidelines and point the finger. I think 9-11 was the perfect example of something horrible, but to show us how horrid it is in other places. How fortunate we are in Canada and America. Especially Canada, were spoiled rotten over here. Too many horrors taking place around the world with no appreciation. People walking down the street angry that their Starbucks mocha whatever is slightly low on foam. It was a wake up to look around the world and find common ground with your fellow man and woman no matter where they are from. Don't get me wrong, what happened to those people is fuckin awful and I giv my most sincere condolences to those families. I couldn't imagine coping with that. We live in a blind world sometimes. Fighting for what really? Your freedom? Not a chance. But once again for those that have served I look at intent and I admire you all and have a lot of respect for you men and women. Even more so I think your country owes you more then you know for their misleading intents. Il end this by saying apologize to Teutonic for tainting his thread lol sorry! I can't help wearing my heart on my sleeve brotha. Your obviously a stand up fella and again no disrespect.

Back