A couple of question for my girl???

King_of_Spades

She recently started the atkin's diet. She wants to lift weight, but she has a back and hip problem. She was hit bar a car a couple of years back. Could you help her with a good routine.

One more thing. She’s been on the depovera needle for a year now, and she’s put on 35Lbs. I told her to go on a low dose Birth control, and maybe use Dandelion roots to loose water weight.

Her stat: 5’2
aprox 145Lbs
BF%?? I don’t know
She been going to the aerobic class for about 3 years now

Thanx much appreciated

Has she done any sort of weight training before? If so, how long has she been at it for? If she's just starting out,you may want to start her out on a circuit style program two to three times a week. Circuit style programs are when you do a full body workout two to three times a week. Here's an example of a circuit style program.

Leg Press Machine - Repetitions: 12-15 reps

T-Bar Row(wide) or Lat. Machine Pulldowns(wide grip/to the front) - Repetitions: 12-15 reps

Incline Dumbbell Press or Incline Dumbbell Flyes - Repetitions: 12-15 reps

Straight Bar Curls or Incline Dumbbell Curls - Repetitions: 12-15 reps

Headcrushers(dmb) or Pressdowns - Repetitions: 12-15 reps

Seated Dumbbell Press or Side Dumbbell Laterals - Repetitions: 12-15 reps

Seated Calf Raises or Standing Calf Raises - Repetitions: 12-15 reps

Lower Back Extensions - Repetitions: 12-15 reps

Reverse Ball Crunches - Repetitions: 12-15 reps

A circuit program is going from one bodypart to the next without any rest in between exercises. Once you complete an entire circuit, you repeat it again. If she is just starting out, you may choose to start out doing only one full circuit per workout.

That's just an idea for her. There are tons of different programs you can do. Hope that helps.:)

In terms of the weight gain on the Depo, that is common unfortunately. If most of her weight gain is water weight, yes Dandelion root will help. If that doesn't work, her doctor will probably prescribe her a mild diuretic like aldactazide. I'd give the dandelion root a shot first though.:)

Thanx Fryre.

She never lifted weight because she was scared for her back. But I'll follow your routine bellow. Thanx again

King_of_Spades said:
Thanx Fryre.

She never lifted weight because she was scared for her back. But I'll follow your routine bellow. Thanx again

Just be sure she doesn't try to lift too heavy to start off with. Will you be around to make sure her form is correct when performing exercises? It's very important that she learn correct form for exercises.
I see far too many people that just start out, try to lift heavy too heavy to start out and their form is way off. They end up hurting themselves and not going back.:(

atherjen said:
Fyre's advice is solid! Im in agreement!

any reason why she has chosen the atkins diet?

She just love that one, she said it easy to follow.

Fyre I will be around to make sure she uses correct weight and have a proper form.

Thanx again Girls

King_of_Spades said:
She just love that one, she said it easy to follow.

Fyre I will be around to make sure she uses correct weight and have a proper form.

Thanx again Girls

No problem hun. Let us know how's she's making out.:)

Back