accutane and birth control

Skinny...In a Big Way

Amatuer MMA Fighter
weird question..... my gf goes to the doctor for her acne, and she gives her bullshit stuff that dont work and does this painful treatment to her face and shes sick of it....

she wants me to try and get her accutane, im not sure how this works with birth control, not sure if it affects it at all but ive heard sometimes it does....

she takes loestrine 24, a rather new birth control pill, how will this affect her if she takes accutane to clear up her acne and uses the birth control?

my g/f was on accutane for awhile. while on accutane she needs to go get blood tests monthly to make sure everything is stays normal. Also, she needs to be on birth control while she is taking accutane. I have heard that the accutane can make the birthcontrol not work, not sure but use a condom. If a women gets pregnant while on accutane even one does of it can really fuck up the baby, make it deformed, retarded, etc.. so she needs to make sure she isnt pregnant, and doesnt get pregnant while on accutane. also just so you know the accutane is supposed to keep working for one month after its use is discontinued. and she might get depressed while on it.

she went to the doctor she asked about it, she just said lets just do the whatever treatment they are doing wtih puttin pins on her skin or whatever and they wont give her any meds for reasons idk why,

Accutane has an EXTREMELY high birth defect risk if pregnancy occurs while taking any amount of Accutane even for a short period. Also an increased risk of spontaneous abortion, facial abnormalities etc... It is better that your girl does not take it if she is not being monitored by a doc. We actually need to have a special license in order to write prescriptions for Accutane.
As far as an interaction with birth control, I do not know of any interaction especially considering that women are required to be on birth control if using the medication. I am not a dermatologist though and could be wrong about this.

Skinny...In a Big Way said:
i know all the sides and yada yada, i just wanna make sure its ok for her to take with with her birth control thats all
Well the best thing for you to do is see a dermatologist and ask

definately see a dermatologist bro... you don't wanna fuck around with that kinda shit... they do a bloodtest before you go on to make sure you can go on it... atleast that's what i had to have done and same with my brother and mom... and then once you are cleared to go on they monitor you throughout the whole entire duration... so i would not go on this without doctors Rx

As i understand...they "recommend" two forms of BC while on accutane for sexually active women. That would mean a daily pill and the condom amigo. That daily pill or quarterly shot is not going to mess up the accutane, women are supposed to be BC while on accutane.

On a side note...I've had acne and rather oily skin...but i wouldn't take accutane if it was my last option..I've heard that shit can make you go mentally insane to a point...fuck that shit..i'm fucked up enough as is.

My recommendation..do some more research on this before going behind the doctor's back. Discuss the options with the dermatologists...maybe look to get a different dermatologists. Just rem...Accutane is a LAST resort

You want to get her OBGYN to write her a script for TAZORAC ! This is much safer than Acutane. Tazorac is different in that it a slector receptive drug ! Meaning it is not systemic, it will only tareget the receptors causing acne ! She must make sure she is washing her face with a good moisturizinhg soap, one that has shea butter (Oil of Olay), then she should be using a good moisturizor with it to ensure her skin stays clear and not clog up. Good luck !

shes does all that shes been on several types of strong acne medication, has had this needle procedure done to her face where she says the doc tries to clear up the skin by injecting something into it.... ill tell her about that though, i was just at my docs and i got the name of a good dermatologist so shell check that out

Accutane has an EXTREMELY high birth defect risk if pregnancy occurs while taking any amount of Accutane even for a short period. Also an increased risk of spontaneous abortion, facial abnormalities etc... It is better that your girl does not take it if she is not being monitored by a doc. We actually need to have a special license in order to write prescriptions for Accutane.
As far as an interaction with birth control, I do not know of any interaction especially considering that women are required to be on birth control if using the medication. I am not a dermatologist though and could be wrong about this.

Is it the same if a man takes accutane and if he wants make a baby ?

Back