Is accutane really that bad? Kind of out of options....

jozifp103

I'm sure this subject has been beaten into the ground already but I haven't seen many topics on it lately and was never interested until recently. I've tried everything.....tea tree oil, salycilic acid, benzoyl peroxide (burnt the fuck out of my skin)....medicated soap, zinc, b5, antibiotics....everything but accutane.

My acne is cystic....large, enflamed, extremely painful cysts. Like I swear you could use popping cysts as a form of torture in the military and the victims would be begging for death. If you were to just squeeze one of mine I would 100% pass out from pain.

Mind you...I have a shit ton of tubes of retin-a (topical accutane) that I bought from an online pharmacy. Supposedly it's easier on the liver due to it being topical but not ideal for widespread acne like I have.

The turn offs for me are:
-permanent side effects (dry skin, mental sides, etc)
-liver toxicity (I love my dbol and anadrol)
-the fact that typically your acne gets much worse before it gets better.

Does anyone have any success stories to easy my fear of this demon chemical?

Is there anything better that many may not have heard of? something new?

Thanks in advance my homies.....

Are you taking adex by any chance? I was about to go down that path a few months back but ran out of adex and it all went away. 2 yrs of hell just abruptly ended by simply running out of adex. It's fucked up because the worse my acne got the more I would up my AI in hopes that it was E2 causing it. Now I've been using a really low dose of asin for a few months and when I ran out of it I took one adex tab and blew up again.

Are you taking adex by any chance? I was about to go down that path a few months back but ran out of adex and it all went away. 2 yrs of hell just abruptly ended by simply running out of adex. It's fucked up because the worse my acne got the more I would up my AI in hopes that it was E2 causing it. Now I've been using a really low dose of asin for a few months and when I ran out of it I took one adex tab and blew up again.

So crazy, but I had the same exact scenario play out recently (6 months ago.) Had terrible bacne and as soon as I quit Adex for a while, it went away. Also had skin flaking on face and scalp, and that dissapeared as well. On a much lower dose now.

That's interesting. I've never heard of anyone else having trouble like that with adex. I would never have guessed that's what was causing it, but it sure as hell looks like it was.

It was really bad. I never had acne that painful when I was a teenager.

Hey man! If you take it, highly suggest via a doctor. In '16, I had an 8 month regimen of Accutane. Started small dosage, pyramided up real high then came down. Went to the dr monthly to monitor all my levels. The main side effects I had short term were joint pain, that was for the first 3 months. After that it went away. Definitely dry skin, but used lots of the wife's lotion. If monitored properly the drug can work wonders. My back, legs and arms are completely clear, probably for the first time since I was young.

So crazy, but I had the same exact scenario play out recently (6 months ago.) Had terrible bacne and as soon as I quit Adex for a while, it went away. Also had skin flaking on face and scalp, and that dissapeared as well. On a much lower dose now.

Interesting....no i'm not using adex. I take 20mg aromasin daily on cycle and 10mg daily when cruising. Have used adex many times in the past....didn't seem to make any difference.

Interesting to read about other peoples experience with bacne and Adex. I never put it together before, but the only times I've ever had bad bacne was during cycles that I was using Adex instead of Aromasin. My back blew up this past fall, worst cystic I have ever seen. To the point that I would ruin t-shirts and sheets daily. It sucked, bad. Ended up going to a Dermatologist, she recommended Accutane, I declined and she put me on other anti-biotics, Retin-A and topical Clindamycin(sp?). Didn't help at all. Went for my physical, and my primary DC'd all that shit and put me on Amoxicillin for two months, 90% of it was gone, no new cysts. She then put me on Doxy, which I'm still using. Now, I'm just hoping m skin will recover and the scaring won't be horrible.

just remember you need dht for all parts of your body. I am serious about the side effects. Google post Accutane syndrome and post finasteride syndrome

just remember you need dht for all parts of your body. I am serious about the side effects. Google post Accutane syndrome and post finasteride syndrome

Exactly why I opted not to take it! Way too harsh in my opinion. Would only use as a last resort

My son has acne pretty bad & a friend recommend gold dial antibacterial. It has help out was better than any medicine he has tried.

You need to tan. The UV ligh in the tanning beds
kills the bacteria. You have an infection. Cut your sugar intake and also ad omega 3 fatty acid to you supplements.

The older I get the more I realize how blessed I am as I have never had acne from AAS and my hair grow s faster now and thicker than AT ANY TIME IN MY LIFE.

Jo-u know I m Mr.Low Dose and Mr. No anti E s or sup s instead I address side s with less gear and nutritional needs w food.

And in America(which at 300 million of 7 billion people or 1 /20 the world s pop )drug use both legal and illegal we consume like upwards of 85-90 percent of the total drug consumption of med s. Lobbyist driven capitalism run amok.

I m with DPR; if ur not tanning start and NOT WITH melanotin 2 but with regular 10-12 sun bed app s or 45 -60 min sunning sessions. Unless your live like North of Chesapeake Bay then ur ----ed 1/2 the year..lol.
I got toasted re plumbing a turbo s down pipe from the f n top side yesterday and my back look s like mid July tan but I m 1425 meter s North of the G of Mexico, god s country son.
I know you study what you put into your body; try less ? And put your most important body part into as many estro heavy carbon based life form s as ur able.

Just my opinion.

Last edited:
The older I get the more I realize how blessed I am as I have never had acne from AAS and my hair grow s faster now and thicker than AT ANY TIME IN MY LIFE.

Jo-u know I m Mr.Low Dose and Mr. No anti E s or sup s instead I address side s with less gear and nutritional needs w food.

And in America(which at 300 million of 7 billion people or 1 /20 the world s pop )drug use both legal and illegal we consume like upwards of 85-90 percent of the total drug consumption of med s. Lobbyist driven capitalism run amok.

I m with DPR; if ur not tanning start and NOT WITH melanotin 2 but with regular 10-12 sun bed app s or 45 -60 min sunning sessions. Unless your live like North of Chesapeake Bay then ur ----ed 1/2 the year..lol.
I got toasted re plumbing a turbo s down pipe from the f n top side yesterday and my back look s like mid July tan but I m 1425 meter s North of the G of Mexico, god s country son.
I know you study what you put into your body; try less ? And put your most important body part into as many estro heavy carbon based life form s as ur able.

Just my opinion.
no AI? You must run real low dose or not be that sensitive to e2 sides. Do you have a thread you can link to that shows your protocols. I want to learn from you and not hijack this thread

No mammaries .
Mr. Low Low dose dude.
Whole cycle s 1 cc 50-50 (tren a / prop) e od.
Period.
400 or 500 a week total.
No sup s
No liver support
Blood work every 45ish day s.
Train HARD. 45 ms weight period .
Cardio 20 -40 ms. 1 or 2 a day E day.
Eat $120.00 worth groceries every 6-8 day s.
Prepare 95 percent of my meal s.
Avi 0630 3 11 17

Not science; just been doing competitively since 84...13 surgeries ago.

Last edited:
I dont have any experience with it. I can tell you that i used to get horrible acne on higher test cycles. I talked to a dermatologist and he suggested simply changing the soap that I used. I have naturally oily skin. He suggested using a moisturizing soap. His idea was that if I added moisture to my skin that my body would stop producing as much oil to compensate for the soap that I used that was essentially drying my skin. I started taking 2 showers a day and have ever since. My acne cleared up within a month and I have never had another issue.

No mammaries .
Mr. Low Low dose dude.
Whole cycle s 1 cc 50-50 (tren a / prop) e od.
Period.
400 or 500 a week total.
No sup s
No liver support
Blood work every 45ish day s.
Train HARD. 45 ms weight period .
Cardio 20 -40 ms. 1 or 2 a day E day.
Eat $120.00 worth groceries every 6-8 day s.
Prepare 95 percent of my meal s.
Avi 0630 3 11 17

Not science; just been doing competitively since 84...13 surgeries ago.
When my estrogen raises it fucks up my sleep so looks like its adex for me

Well it appear s u know ur body and it s needs. ..and that s good bro. I m to old to do the cycles of my youth and my bone s won t support the weight of my body (knee s , back )or the weight s I handled either.
That s the key to this in my opinion. I do what I can to stay hopefully where I m big ENOUGH for me. I know it s food and training but also for me gearage.
I detest extra drug s ( ex drug problem ) and feel better w less.

I think 49 er too will FEEEEL much much better..heck he already does.

All the best Mr Kozmo Kramer.

Back