Another infection thread! Yes, I've read others.

GSODT

Hey guys, first post here. I'm sure you are all tired of infection questions because there is a ton of literature on them, however I just want to be SURE as I don't want chunks of my glute getting cut out.

I'll just sum this up for you guys. Test E 350mg a week split in two .5ml injections Monday and Thursday. Alternating glutes and quads.

1. Did everything correct, swabbed stopper and injection site, used clean needles, never let needles touch anything etc.
2. HOWEVER, my buddy injected me and could have touched something that shouldn't have been. I wasn't watching.
3. Had bad pain for 4 days and now tolerable pain today on the 5th day.
4. When I woke up today it was red and what looked to be slightly purple in a five inch diameter around the site.
5. Now, the redness is pretty much gone, just slightly pink, still some discomfort, tissue is harder than the other side, location is NOT hot, but I have a 99.1* fever.

The main reason I'm posting my own thread is because I read that infections cause lumps, redness, heat, fevers, and general crappy feeling. This morning I felt crappy, but it's not THAT red, and it's not hot (my friend had a bad spot on his glute that was noticeably hotter) though I do have a slight fever.

I took some Amoxicillin today (2 doses of 500mg) just because I had them laying around.

What to do? At what point should I be concerned?

Your fine. He probably was moving the needle around while pushing the plunger. You're bruised. there isnt an infection.

Your fine. He probably was moving the needle around while pushing the plunger. You're bruised. there isnt an infection.

Good to know!

But, what about the low fever and general feeling like shit all day today?

the fever will subside. Its getting better so I wouldnt worry about it. If it was infected you would know. My quad got infected twice and I was literally sick for a few days. Quad swoll up and it hurt to just put pants on. My whole thigh turned red and hot. Couldnt walk for a week. You dont have this

i did nothing but alternate between each quad for injects. and some left knots, bruises, etc. So it nothing to worry about.
As far as the feeling of shit that could possibly what people call "test flu". I felt like crap the first few weeks too

It sounds like you are doing fine, a half a degree of a fever isn't much, your body temp can vary that much just with being worried about something....

Monitor the site for any heat coming off the skin and be honest with yourself. If you put your hand on it and it feels warm, go get it checked out.

Otherwise it just sounds like you have a good bruise going on so pop some advil and carry on :D

Hey guys, first post here. I'm sure you are all tired of infection questions because there is a ton of literature on them, however I just want to be SURE as I don't want chunks of my glute getting cut out.

I'll just sum this up for you guys. Test E 350mg a week split in two .5ml injections Monday and Thursday. Alternating glutes and quads.

1. Did everything correct, swabbed stopper and injection site, used clean needles, never let needles touch anything etc.
2. HOWEVER, my buddy injected me and could have touched something that shouldn't have been. I wasn't watching.
3. Had bad pain for 4 days and now tolerable pain today on the 5th day.
4. When I woke up today it was red and what looked to be slightly purple in a five inch diameter around the site.
5. Now, the redness is pretty much gone, just slightly pink, still some discomfort, tissue is harder than the other side, location is NOT hot, but I have a 99.1* fever.

The main reason I'm posting my own thread is because I read that infections cause lumps, redness, heat, fevers, and general crappy feeling. This morning I felt crappy, but it's not THAT red, and it's not hot (my friend had a bad spot on his glute that was noticeably hotter) though I do have a slight fever.

I took some Amoxicillin today (2 doses of 500mg) just because I had them laying around.

What to do? At what point should I be concerned?

Taking antibiotics just laying around when you really do have an infection is BAD IDEA!!! Never take antibiotics unless you have a full cycle and always complete the full cycle of anti's!!!! Reason for this is, if you only take a few antibiotics and then stop because symptoms go away then you allow the bacteria if not killed to develop a mutation to this antibiotic so that when the bacteria multiply again and start causing you a problem again cause you really didn't get the bacteria all the way killed, those antibiotics will not work anymore. You then have to go on various antibiotics to solve the problem and it becomes very difficult to get rid of the bacteria at this point!!! Bacteria like humans build Antibodies up to things and if not completely destroyed the bacteria becomes immune to the medication you tried to destroy it with.

Having said that!!! Many people have an allergic reaction to Ethyl Oleate (a common solvent used in UGL gear) also it is not uncommon for new guys to have general reactions to BB and BA. These reactions (unless ALLERGIC to BB) usually go away with continued use. It is whats called the "Virgin Muscle Syndrome" Your muscle that you are injecting this foreign substance into in many cases will want to reject these NEW compounds in the body. INFLAMMATION (Not infection) then sets in. The bodies inflammatory response in some extreme cases can mimic the exact symptoms of an infection.
However.... An infection (In 99% of cases) will not subside after 3-4 days. In most cases an infection continues to get worse and worse because this is past the bodies primary defenses directly into the muscle like that. This usually doesn't just simply subside. Especially in 3-4 days!!!
Then to add to the confusion, there is always Allergies to consider!!! There are ALLLL types of compounds the UGL will use to produce gear. And in most cases the gear is good but for example: The novice UGL might decide to use PEANUT oil as their carrier of choice among the many different types of Carriers!!! Problem with this is that there are a LARGE number of people out there that are allergic to peanut etc.... This will cause you to have a severe allergic reaction and appear to the layman as a possible infection with the symptoms. Some people are allergic to Benzyl Benzoate!!! Some to Grape Seed Oil or grapes. Some to Safflower, Olive, etc...
Soooooo many people fall into these categories and since not under a doctors direct care it is difficult to diagnose what the problem is with folks. So you go to a doctor and tell them I took some gear that you buy off the internet or don't tell them anything and they don't know where to start from, they can't call the pharmacy of the gear maker!!!! They are pissed cause you didn't make them richer by buying it from them... And finally since universally, ANTIBIOTICS are the WONDER medication, The doctor calls it an infection (since that is the worst it could be) they prescribe you antibiotics and if it's just inflamation it will go away anyway and poof, he scares the user into only wanting to buy Pharma grade gear from that day forward and makes good money off of you.
If it is an allergic reaction, depending on the severity of the allergy to the substance (you are only taking 1cc so its not alot of whatever you're allergic to in your body for a major reaction) the allergy will eventually subside, leaving the layman thinking it was an infection and the antibiotics cleared it up.
When I was in school for Anesthesia Nursing, I sat next to a many doctors in the making and believe me, most of them I wondered how the hell they could even think being a doctor was healthy for society. They aren't all of them the smart people you would like to think they are!!!

Back