Anxiety, had enough!

buildingpaul

I am really starting to get pissed off with my anxiety. Seen my Dr and Shrink so many times. I'm on Diazepam 10mg a day and Citalopram 20mg a day. Tried all the therapies, CBT, Physco-tharapy etc etc and nothing works. I'm finding its effecting me in the gym. I sometimes feel dizzy or like i'm going to faint (classic panic attack) If there was nobody else in the gym I would be fine. When the gym is busy I cant even train due to feeling so dizzy. What other options are there for anxiety as this really is driving me crazy!! Thought I would put it in this section as i'm embarrased about it to be honest. I mean i'm 35 years old, 6ft, 221lbs, 17" arms, 34" waist, 49" chest, 18" calves, 18" neck so not the smallest of guys........really sad about it, had it for toooo many years now.

Any help/advise would be great.

sounds like you've tried the basic methods given. i'd look into a combination of meditation and yoga. Also, try reading some books in areas that may give you a little bit of a different point of view. i'd recommend just about anything on the Tao Te Ching or Buddhism. Kenneth Wapinik has a good series called A Course in Miracles, really a great one i enjoyed a lot. if you ever wanna chat about your situations or anything, i'll help ya however i can.

Ask your doc to put you on a different medication. I take a very low dose of clonazepam for some anxiety related issue and it has worked very well.

I get anxiety aswell, not so bad anymore. but i take a low dose of paxil. anxiety fuckin sucks, reading up on it never helped me much. and it's tuff to just deal with it. paxil worked for me there's other good meds too.

actually that intensifies it for me, so i don't inhale..

weed makes it worse? wow..
theirs sativa and indica.. both work different ways.. sativa will give you an "up lift" and indica will "relax you".. im no pot head but if im feeling a little stressed out or on edge i take a few tokes of indica and im good to go.. sativa on the other hand makes my heart feel like its gonna jump out of my chest..

Choosing Your Marijuana - Sativa or Indica?
Marijuana comes in two basic types - sativa and indica. Which type you choose will determine the effects you feel. Each type has its own distinct set of charasteristics.

Sativas are known for their height and their leggy, often sparse, leaves. Sativas can be anywhere from tall and round like a massive bush, to lean and spindly with a few large colas. The leaves - a trademark of the sativa strain - are long and thin. The odor varies with the particular strain that is growing.

The sativa high is often characterized as uplifting and energetic. The effects of a sativa marijuana are mostly cerebral. They give a feeling of optimism and well - being, as well as providing a good measure of pain relief for certain symptoms. A few pure sativas are also very high in THC content. They are known to have a quite spacey, or hallucinogenic, effect. Sativas are a good choice for daytime smoking.

Indicas are known for their smaller stature. They are relatively short and bushy. Some are compact, others are of a more moderate height. Indicas tend to grow wider and rounder than sativas. Many look like small shrubs. Indicas typically grow out many more smaller side colas.

The indica highs are most often described as a pleasant body buzz. Indicas are great for relaxation, stress relief, and for an overall sense of calm and serenity. Marijuana indicas are also very effective for overall body pain relief, and often used in the treatment of insomnia. They are the late - evening choice of many smokers as an all - night sleep aid. A few pure indica strains are very potent in THC, and will cause the "couchlock" effect, enabling the smoker to simply sit still and enjoy the experience of the smoke.

Could it be small bouts of "vertigo"? I have a friend who deals with this and she assures me that it's just like a panic attack......If it is slight vertigo....sorry mate there is nothing really that can be done. She's been dealing with this for many years. I hope you figure ti out!

Choosing Your Marijuana - Sativa or Indica?
Marijuana comes in two basic types - sativa and indica. Which type you choose will determine the effects you feel. Each type has its own distinct set of charasteristics.

Sativas are known for their height and their leggy, often sparse, leaves. Sativas can be anywhere from tall and round like a massive bush, to lean and spindly with a few large colas. The leaves - a trademark of the sativa strain - are long and thin. The odor varies with the particular strain that is growing.

The sativa high is often characterized as uplifting and energetic. The effects of a sativa marijuana are mostly cerebral. They give a feeling of optimism and well - being, as well as providing a good measure of pain relief for certain symptoms. A few pure sativas are also very high in THC content. They are known to have a quite spacey, or hallucinogenic, effect. Sativas are a good choice for daytime smoking.

Indicas are known for their smaller stature. They are relatively short and bushy. Some are compact, others are of a more moderate height. Indicas tend to grow wider and rounder than sativas. Many look like small shrubs. Indicas typically grow out many more smaller side colas.

The indica highs are most often described as a pleasant body buzz. Indicas are great for relaxation, stress relief, and for an overall sense of calm and serenity. Marijuana indicas are also very effective for overall body pain relief, and often used in the treatment of insomnia. They are the late - evening choice of many smokers as an all - night sleep aid. A few pure indica strains are very potent in THC, and will cause the "couchlock" effect, enabling the smoker to simply sit still and enjoy the experience of the smoke.

LOL, thanks pickles for the peer pressure haha. i'm just tryin to say no man...

:smokepoke problem solved
x2
cmon sissy!! everybody is doing it.. itll make you feel good.. lol

I am a pot head... i guess...

and it will help tremendously if you have anxiety problems.

I have found that you have to let the ganja build up in your system.

If you have not had ganja in a long time or it's ur first time, then you will need to start out with a small amount.

do it at night before you go to bed.

Do that for a few weeks in a row, and you'll start to build up your tolerance.

I'd recommend not using edibles to start, but as you build your tolerance up, then you can switch to edibles so u don't have to smoke, or u can just vaporize.

Make sure you get a prescription before you use ganja,
and make sure u use it safely, don't drive, don't do it b4 work etc...

I feel way better on ganja than any other sleeping pill, or anxiety meds, or "focus" meds.

hope you figure it out buddy... good luck.

when it comes to anxiety you need to identify the triggers. For you it is apparently social anxiety. Diazapam is good to treat episodes but not a good at preventing them. I would try a different class of drugs besides benzos, maybe ssri's. Also, for you maybe wearing headphones to be in your own zone will drown out the social aspects

I take around 5mg of klonopin a day and was put on 3 different ssri's which all made me feel horrible... I get social anxiety...pot helps, martial arts training, lifting, running, sex, and klonopin. If I do at least 1 hour of muay thai and maybe 30 minutes of lifting or running I dont have any anxiety, but if I miss this I start trying to get air and start getting a panic attack. Funny thing is I have been having these since I can remember, them mimick an ashma attack...I always thought my ashma was just to strong to be treated with albuterol and than this year I find out its not my lungs at all and its anxiety. haha... you gotta find out what works for you man. Im still trying to find my way.

yea... i dont think your treating it the right way...

i think u need an anti-depressent... your anxiety could be coming from an underlying depressive episode.. or a depressive disorder...

usually, an anti-depressent will treat anxiety of this type...

talk to your doctor.. in other words

anti-depressants dont cure it, they just are a band-aid for it, much like benzos.

in order to cure it, you have to identify and deal with the source. In my case, mine was my wife and the loss of my father. I made the wife an ex, and got much better... still dealing with the death issue, but i have been drug free for 4years.

I had this real bad about 3 years ago. Horrible! I had anxiety + a lot of panic attacks. I could not even leave my room for too long! But I got some help, and was rec. to take Zolft (50mg) and to this day, I'm still on it (I take it every 2-3 days). It has changed me! I was a diff. person for those 3 months! Anyhow, to make a super long story short, try looking into Zoloft. Good luck!

Back