Ask Anything You Want about TRT Thread........

19 y.o. and 33 ng/dl ???
That is not good. What were your LH, FSH levels?
Those are castrate Testosterone levels.
Do E7D shots instead. Better to go 50 mg x 2 a week to keep more stable hormones and less aromatization.
Still though....
You are young and should be on HCG mono or clomid first.
Have you used steroids?

BriggsBrah an endo is the last place you want to go to for help with T levels. They cant even treat thyroid issues properly.

Alright so im 19 and I had 2 blood test taken to determine I had low T. First blood draw was like 33ng/dl and the second was 153ng/dl. My primary referred me to an endo and he has started me on 100mg of test cyp every two weeks. Ive only had 2 shots so far and i still feel like complete shit and am miserable and want relief. To my knowledge this dose is very small and not optimal how do i talk to my doctor to maybe have him increase the dose. I do home injections so i could self pin more but then my blood work would be fine and he wouldnt prescribe me more. Please any advice on how to talk to him?

Like Apollon said, change your pinning frequency. 50mg once a week is better than 100mg every 2 weeks. A lot of us pin every 3.5 days.

Back to your question about still feeling like shit though. Even this small dose is going to give you much higher Total Testosterone levels. But you have to give it time to build up and work. I am sure your doc explained this, but you don't feel the effects overnight. It can often take 4-8 weeks before you start feeling anything. Be patient and give it a little time to work.

You will probably end up needing to increase your dose, but your doc will want to see blood work first to justify increasing it. Make sure that when you go in for blood work that you get it done on the day you normally inject (but before doing the injection). This would be your trough.

What were your numbers before taking Nolvadex?
Never had LH and FSH checked before. Stupid yes, but still my question remains. Going kn on thursday for a complete blood test ( had multiple but doctors know very little what to test for sadly.

Thank you!

Yea i know its low af. I believe i fucked up my hormones when i was 17 and lost 90 pounds in like 8 months in a very unhealthy way. Ate to little and exercised too much. Im 5'11 153 pounds now and have been working out for 2 years and have seen minimal muscle gains probably because of this low t. And i have no idea what LH levels are or FSH levels are so i cant say. And i dont think i can pin every week they only gave me enough needles and syringes for what they prescribed me. They checked my pituitary and all that and said its all good i think my nuts are just fried. And no ive never used steroids. But fuck im this fucked up and im on trt at 19 ive been thinking about it just cant find where to get them.

Yea i know im just very impatient and want to feel like a normal 19 year old again. I mean fuck im 19 and have no sex drive the fuck is that?

Yea i know its low af. I believe i fucked up my hormones when i was 17 and lost 90 pounds in like 8 months in a very unhealthy way. Ate to little and exercised too much. Im 5'11 153 pounds now and have been working out for 2 years and have seen minimal muscle gains probably because of this low t. And i have no idea what LH levels are or FSH levels are so i cant say. And i dont think i can pin every week they only gave me enough needles and syringes for what they prescribed me. They checked my pituitary and all that and said its all good i think my nuts are just fried. And no ive never used steroids. But fuck im this fucked up and im on trt at 19 ive been thinking about it just cant find where to get them.

Give this a read.

http://www.steroidology.com/forum/testosterone-replacement-therapy/662394-basic-trt-overview.html

Then ask your doc for a copy of your blood work results and post it up here so we can see what is going on. Probably best to start a new thread for this so it doesn't get mixed up in this one.

Hi, I'm having a blood test this friday and I was wondering which things to test for. These are the ones I have checked so far. Any I am forgetting?

TT
Free Test
SBHG
DHT
Estradiol sensitive
Prolactin
FSH
LH
TSH
T3
T4

If you were dosing HCG at 500 I.u E3D....
How long from this HCG dose does the aromatization process begin?
When would you say the best dosing frequency for the a.i. would be, without lowering Estradiol too much?

Question I had my prostate out at 52 stage 2 cancer two tumors. I was on andro gel for low t 150
Now on injection scripted test cyp. 100 mg once a week for two plus years. Does any one think I will need it forever. One doc tells me yes the other says no.... FING DOCS!
my t level now from 450 to 900.????? Any advice appreciated ? Oh I'm 55 now.

Question I had my prostate out at 52 stage 2 cancer two tumors. I was on andro gel for low t 150
Now on injection scripted test cyp. 100 mg once a week for two plus years. Does any one think I will need it forever. One doc tells me yes the other says no.... FING DOCS!
my t level now from 450 to 900.????? Any advice appreciated ? Oh I'm 55 now.

after being on TRT for two years, you odds of doing a successful restart are probably not that good. Your HPTA has been shut down for a long time. But if you want to try, there isn't much downside to running hCG and Clomid (not at the same time) to see if a restart works for you. You can always go back on TRT if it doesn't.

This is assuming you have Secondary Hypogonadism of course.

Last edited:
Mega thanks! that's my question if my plumbing is not connected how will
The natural test get to my endo. System??
I have blood work done every 6 months and my levels are good.
If my t levels get too high is their a concern of too many red blood cells?

Mega thanks! that's my question if my plumbing is not connected how will
The natural test get to my endo. System??
I have blood work done every 6 months and my levels are good.
If my t levels get too high is their a concern of too many red blood cells?

What do you mean by your plumbing not being connected?

You should always monitor hematocrit while on TRT. Most guys on TRT have to donate blood every 56 days. I hope you have been doing this.

Mega i have no prostate, the doc checks my blood every 6 months and did mention if my t goes too high it could cause high red cell counts ( he said, you don't want that). i just have to watch my stick days and dont over do it. i was thinking of some deca
but im a little nervous about the effects. So donating blood should help with my red cell counts? i donated for years and stopped after the cancer.
I also have pernicious anemia so b12 shots every week.
Sucks getting old!

Last edited:
Mega i have no prostate, the doc checks my blood every 6 months and did mention if my t goes too high it could cause high red cell counts ( he said, you don't want that). i just have to watch my stick days and dont over do it. i was thinking of some deca
but im a little nervous about the effects. So donating blood should help with my red cell counts? i donated for years and stopped after the cancer.
I also have pernicious anemia so b12 shots every week.
Sucks getting old!

Taking exogenous test increases red blood cell counts (hematocrit). Monitor it in your blood work. The way to knock it down is by donating a pint of blood. Helps save lives too! Sometimes you get a cute phlebotomist as well!

Toastf....
As long as you keep the doses of T reasonable...
You should be in good shape HCT wise.
Worst case scenario is that you might have to donate blood every 3-4 months. Big deal.
Pm me if u need my help anytime.

Hey everyone i'd like to get your opinion on my pcp testosterone test results. My t was 368 ng on my test which was done in the morning. My pcp said if I fall between 170-750 I have nothing to worry about. Im 36 years old, weigh 180 and live a active lifestyle.
I have several symptons that lead me to thinking i have low T. So going against my pcp i still made a apt. with a endo. On july 9th. Am i going about this right and what should i ask the endo.?
Thanks for your time and input!

Hey everyone i'd like to get your opinion on my pcp testosterone test results. My t was 368 ng on my test which was done in the morning. My pcp said if I fall between 170-750 I have nothing to worry about. Im 36 years old, weigh 180 and live a active lifestyle.
I have several symptons that lead me to thinking i have low T. So going against my pcp i still made a apt. with a endo. On july 9th. Am i going about this right and what should i ask the endo.?
Thanks for your time and input!

You are doing the right thing. You are pretty close to the hypogonadal range. You are definitely low for your age. Give the following thread a read.

http://www.steroidology.com/forum/testosterone-replacement-therapy/662394-basic-trt-overview.html

Back