Ask Anything You Want about TRT Thread........

I spoke with my doctor and he explained his reasoning for the dose. This is the study that he referenced:

Concomitant intramuscular human chorionic gonadotropi... [J Urol. 2013] - PubMed - NCBI

It appears that this study refers to 500iu EOD as "low dose", which is certainly different than the sentiment around here.

It's also a pretty small sample size, only 26 men.

I can't speak for others but there are not too many circumstances where a person should use more than 500 I.u a dose.

I was diagnosed with low T in the beginning my # was 169 and I have been on 100mg cyp per week for 6 weeks.
And I have seen results from the gym and Libido but are there other things I should be taking to counter react the changes my
body is going through.

I was diagnosed with low T in the beginning my # was 169 and I have been on 100mg cyp per week for 6 weeks.
And I have seen results from the gym and Libido but are there other things I should be taking to counter react the changes my
body is going through.

What changes/symptoms are you experiencing?

I'm going to assume testicular atrophy may be an issue for you. Have you talked with your doctor about hCG? Seems to work for most men who want to remain fertile and maintain testicular size.

body is going through.

Give the Basic TRT Overview Stick a read. That will give you a general idea.

you guys do understand why most docs are hesitant on giving hcg to their trt patients right?? there are no long term studies on hcg and testicular cancer.. they are worried about the slim chance that there could be a connection

you guys do understand why most docs are hesitant on giving hcg to their trt patients right?? there are no long term studies on hcg and testicular cancer.. they are worried about the slim chance that there could be a connection

On one hand, it sucks that so many doctors aren't open to the idea of prescribing hCG. On the other hand, I understand why they are so hesitant.

Not all doctors strive to be on the cutting edge of medicine. For many, patient care is equally important as covering their asses. We live in a very litigious society, doctors spend a lot of time dodging lawsuits. If there isn't enough research on a particular treatment for them to justify the "risk" of prescribing it, they'd rather just avoid the hassle.

While it seems that they've misjudged this one so far, many strictly adhere to FDA guidelines and will continue to withhold hCG until it's widely accepted to prescribe it for TRT.

Keep in mind that many of the drugs that are prescribed so freely today were once considered to be risky or taboo by the medical community. It often takes awhile for practices to catch up with the times.

Actually, I think most docs look at hCG differently. They are trained to "Do no harm.". That is there first directive and makes them very cautious. So while hCG may provide a benefit, the unknowns around longterm use make it potentially harmful. Since one can be perfectly fine on TRT without hCG, their thought process leads them to not taking the risk of prescribing it for longterm use.

What is the best time of the day to get cortisol checked? I have been suffering from high stress for last few years (along with low T and all its symptoms) and wanted to see where were my cortisol levels at.

What is the best time of the day to get cortisol checked? I have been suffering from high stress for last few years (along with low T and all its symptoms) and wanted to see where were my cortisol levels at.

A 4X salivary cortisol test will test your cortisol at 4 separate times throughout the day. Gives you a better look at the big picture instead of a small snapshot like a serum cortisol test.

I have been on TRT for about a year. I began with Andorgel but swithed to a 50mg/mL cream applied to the scrotum as recommended by the mfg. After several months of 1 mL/day my total T was over 1500ng/dL. My doctor reduced my dosage to .75mL/day but my total T is still over 1500ng/dL. I apparently absorb this stuff extremely well. I also noticed some shedding so I had my E2 sensitive and DHT tested. E2 came back <10 pg/mL and my DHT 3010 pg/mL. My PSA has been slowly increasing however still in the normal range. I have switched to applying this same compound to my inner arms. I had my T tested a few days ago but have not received the results. I don't mind high levels of DHT but this is three times upper limit. DHT is apparently driving estrogen into the lower ranges. I'm hoping that by lowering T I will also lower DHT thereby lowering my PSA.

Last edited:
I have been on TRT for about a year. I began with Andorgel but swithed to a 50mg/mL cream applied to the scrotum as recommended by the mfg. After several months of 1 mL/day my total T was over 1500ng/dL. My doctor reduced my dosage to .75mL/day but my total T is still over 1500ng/dL. I apparently absorb this stuff extremely well. I also noticed some shedding so I had my E2 sensitive and DHT tested. E2 came back <10 pg/mL and my DHT 3010 pg/mL. My PSA has been slowly increasing however still in the normal range. I have switched to applying this same compound to my inner arms. I had my T tested a few days ago but have not received the results. I don't mind high levels of DHT but this is three times upper limit. DHT is apparently driving estrogen into the lower ranges. I'm hoping that by lowering T I will also lower DHT thereby lowering my PSA.

Why not switch over to injections?

Cortisol test should be 8-9 AM...
Who knows though..... in some people it spikes in the afternoon.
Adrenal problems are a nasty thing.

I"m starting once a week 100mg Test injections. My doc is taking a wait and see approach about doing 2x a week injections and HCG. I read the sticky and I see the various supplements recommended to help manage Estradiol and supplement DHEA Pregnolone. Do you think I should start taking those right away or wait to see how I feel after 4 weeks and have my first blood work since starting the injections done?

I"m starting once a week 100mg Test injections. My doc is taking a wait and see approach about doing 2x a week injections and HCG. I read the sticky and I see the various supplements recommended to help manage Estradiol and supplement DHEA Pregnolone. Do you think I should start taking those right away or wait to see how I feel after 4 weeks and have my first blood work since starting the injections done?

Wait. You may not need them.

Back