Ask Anything You Want about TRT Thread........

I have two questions ....feel free to answer !

1. If free T4 and T3 are low can you solely take medication for that which therefor increases testosterone naturally ?

2. Is it possible to have a muscular body type ( mesomorph ) and still have low Testosterone ?

1). Yes.
If your clinically hypothyroid, then thyroid medications will have an indirect impact on increasing test levels.

2) Yes.
"Body types" such as meso/endo/ecto are, by and large, complete nonsense - as in they have no factual basis behind them.

I assume you mean the higher your total test level the higher your sex drive? I haven't noticed a lot of that. However, I steadily have 5-9 orgasms a week so maybe I don't have any build up time. Megatron, I see you added HCG after several years on TRT without it. So it's possible to bring the family jewels back to life after that long? I may want to add HCG later on so this is something that interests me.

Sorry... just saw your post. Having added hCG seems to have been beneficial for me. Balls got a little plumper and orasms feel better. I am going to keep using it. I was worried it would make estradiol harder to manage but it really hasn't been a problem.

1). Yes.
If your clinically hypothyroid, then thyroid medications will have an indirect impact on increasing test levels.

2) Yes.
"Body types" such as meso/endo/ecto are, by and large, complete nonsense - as in they have no factual basis behind them.

OK good.....so just to be clear a guy can put on muscle easily and still have low T?

I just started my TRT today.
Doc prescribed:
Test Cyp 200mg 1x Week
Hcg 5000 U 2x week
Anastrozole 1mg 2x week.

My blood work :
Testosterone, Serum 215 ng/dL - Reference 348 - 1197
LH 6.0 mIU/mL - Reference 1.7 - 8.6
Estradiol 23.8 pg/mL - Reference 7.6 - 42.6
TSH 1.970 uIU/mL - Reference 0.450 - 4.500

While doc prescribed a TRT, i inquired about the reasons of low T, he just said it could be many factors.
One thing that i have noticed on the forums and actually it is my question, TRT is a forever treatment?
Also does anyone have more insight based on my lab work that the doc did not mention?

Thanks

***Update***
I am 33, 6F, 215 pounds ( gained 30 lbs on the last 9 months mostly fat around waist) , reason i looked for a physician was due to fast weight gain, lack of energy, drop of libido.

Last edited:
Doc prescribed:
Test Cyp 200mg 1x Week
Hcg 5000 U 2x week
Anastrozole 1mg 2x week.

My blood work :

While doc prescribed a TRT, i inquired about the reasons of low T, he just said it could be many factors.
One thing that i have noticed on the forums and actually it is my question, TRT is a forever treatment?
Also does anyone have more insight based on my lab work that the doc did not mention?

Thanks

***Update***
I am 33, 6F, 215 pounds ( gained 30 lbs on the last 9 months mostly fat around waist) , reason i looked for a physician was due to fast weight gain, lack of energy, drop of libido.

That is not a good TRT protocol. Way too much AI and too much hCG.

I suggest that you read the Basic TRT Overview thread in this forum and then come back and follow up with questions. It would probably work better to also start a new thread all of your own.

P.S. TRT is for life typically.

Depending on how low T we're talking, a guy can still gain muscle due to satellite cell efficiency among other things.

Can he do this easily? No.

I can gain muscle but tested 251 ng/dl .......the only reason Im doing more profound blood tests now is because I feel like shit.

Thanks for the reply, for some reason system not allowing me to start a new thread, great post about basic TRT overview, already answered many questions!

Can you elaborate on "That is not a good TRT protocol. Way too much AI and too much hCG"
Thanks again!

Doc prescribed:
Test Cyp 200mg 1x Week
Hcg 5000 U 2x week
Anastrozole 1mg 2x week.

My blood work :

Thanks

***Update***

That's roughly 10x the maximum amount of hCG that we typically see men using while on TRT. That's roughly 2-3x the amount of Anastrozole that most men use while on TRT. That's also a very high starting dose of testosterone. Many guys do well on half that dose.

I would not recommend starting on this protocol.

Yes, typically TRT is a lifelong treatment.

1. Why dont people go on Clomid instead of TRT?

What are the advantage of Clomid vs TRT and vise versa

2. Do you eventually shut down on HCG ?

1. Why dont people go on Clomid instead of TRT?

What are the advantage of Clomid vs TRT and vise versa

2. Do you eventually shut down on HCG ?

Some guys do use Clomid instead of going on TRT. It's not a drug that's pushed by most doctors though, so many guys just don't know about it.

An advantage of Clomid treatment over TRT is that it's not suppressive, meaning that Clomid won't shut down your hormone production like TRT will.

The main disadvantage, in my opinion, is the potential for side effects. Many guys just don't tolerate Clomid very well and experience too many side effects to reap any positive benefit that it may have on their hormones. Not true in all cases, but it's common.

What ng/dl is the optimal? Is it better to have 1200 than 900? Why are some of you choosing to be at 700 when you could increase your dosage to 1000-1200?

Are there side-effects going up into the high doses and if so, what are those side-effects?

What ng/dl is the optimal? Is it better to have 1200 than 900? Why are some of you choosing to be at 700 when you could increase your dosage to 1000-1200?

Are there side-effects going up into the high doses and if so, what are those side-effects?

Optimal is a very subjective term in the world of TRT. Many guys find that they actually feel better in the ~700-800 range than they do when they're at higher levels. More is not always better. I know that sounds weird, it sure did to me, but I'm finding it to be true for me as well. I don't use my total T to gauge how I feel though, it's all about the free T.

As with any good thing, there are potential side effects from having higher testosterone values. Many guys experience an increase in hematocrit, RBC, lipids, liver values, blood pressure, and estradiol (if not managed by an AI), etc.

I don't want anything to do with any of those issues. I went on TRT to be more healthy, not the opposite. My hematocrit is starting to creep up as of late. There are ways to keep it in check, but I'd rather bring it down by lowering my dose of testosterone.

Last edited:
Optimal is a very subjective term in the world of TRT. Many guys find that they actually feel better in the ~700-800 range than they do when they're at higher levels. More is not always better. I know that sounds weird, it sure did to me, but I'm finding it to be true for me as well. I don't use my total T to gauge how I feel though, it's all about the free T.

As with any good thing, there are potential side effects from having higher testosterone values. Many guys experience an increase in hematocrit, RBC, lipids, liver values, blood pressure, and estradiol (if not managed by an AI), etc.

I don't want anything to do with any of those issues. I went on TRT to be more healthy, not the opposite. My hematocrit is starting to creep up as of late. There are ways to keep it in check, but I'd rather bring it down by lowering my dose of testosterone.

Ok, gotcha.

Some guys do use Clomid instead of going on TRT. It's not a drug that's pushed by most doctors though, so many guys just don't know about it.

An advantage of Clomid treatment over TRT is that it's not suppressive, meaning that Clomid won't shut down your hormone production like TRT will.

The main disadvantage, in my opinion, is the potential for side effects. Many guys just don't tolerate Clomid very well and experience too many side effects to reap any positive benefit that it may have on their hormones. Not true in all cases, but it's common.

It should also be noted that clomid will not be an effective treatment in the case of Primary Hypogonadism.

Clomid, Nolva, AI-monotherapy, and hCG-monotherapy are all potential options for treating secondary hypogonadism.

Chiefy is basically saying that the more you push on something (I.e. Testosterone) there more it pulls on other things (I.e. estradiol and hematocrit). Actions often have reactions in your body.

You often hear guys talking about "getting dialed in". That is finding the point where you are getting the good effects of testosterone and mitigating the negative effects. The higher you take up your TT the more likely it becomes that you will have to use other medications while on TRT.

When you say "many" and "common" are you referring to patients in studies or guys on forums? I've read a few studies where side effects were extremely rare and yet you read guys complaining on forums. I'm assuming that the guys who're having issues are seeking solutions and the guys who aren't affected are leading their lives.

When you say "many" and "common" are you referring to patients in studies or guys on forums? I've read a few studies where side effects were extremely rare and yet you read guys complaining on forums. I'm assuming that the guys who're having issues are seeking solutions and the guys who aren't affected are leading their lives.

Anecdotal reports from forums.

Back