Ask Anything You Want about TRT Thread........

Hello all. I am starting TRT in a few days, thread is here: steroidology.com/forum/testosterone-replacement-therapy/677369-starting-trt-25-y-o-survivor-let-s-do.html

My question is: I will be doing subcutaneous 50 mg test injections every 3.5 days with 29 gauge .5 inch insulin needles. I will backload them with 21 gauge needles. I plan on doing the injections into my stomach but I feel like I would prefer to do them in my glute. Does anyone know if that would be okay? My glute seems less intimidating.

Megatron gave you good advice above.

Realistically you should be fine injecting subQ just about anywhere...within reason. A needle of that size shouldn't cause you any issues, might get some lumps though, and some guys get annoyed by that.

I like the deltoid for injections with a needle of roughly the same size.

There's really not much need to backfill syringes in your case. I mean, go for it if that appeals to you for some reason, but it's not necessary. You'll be drawing up such a small amount of oil that it's not going to take you very long, even with a 29g needle. Backfilling would just be an extra step IMO.

I do the same thing (same size needle and type) except that I go IM with it. I would recommend doing that rather than subq as you will get lumps under your skin with subq.

But you can do subq anywhere you have body fat. Glutes, delts, quads are all good spots if you don't want to do stomach. I recommend sticking to the same places one does IM injections just in case you put the needle in a little too far.

Thanks Megatron, how exactly do I do IM injections with the needle as opposed to sub q injections? If I do an injection into my quads with a 29 g, what makes it sub q and what would I do differently to make it an IM injection? Lastly, why do a lot of people use huge 1.5 inch needles for TRT when they can just do tiny 29 g .5 inch IM injections? I am just trying to get a better understanding of the whole injection process. Thanks!

Megatron gave you good advice above.

Realistically you should be fine injecting subQ just about anywhere...within reason. A needle of that size shouldn't cause you any issues, might get some lumps though, and some guys get annoyed by that.

I like the deltoid for injections with a needle of roughly the same size.

There's really not much need to backfill syringes in your case. I mean, go for it if that appeals to you for some reason, but it's not necessary. You'll be drawing up such a small amount of oil that it's not going to take you very long, even with a 29g needle. Backfilling would just be an extra step IMO.

Thank you for the clarification. I have done a lot of research but there is still so much to learn. I have heard that I can massage the area after injecting to avoid lumps in some cases. The reason I wanted to backfill my syringes was because i didn't want to dull the blade of the 29 g by filling it directly. My prescription should be here today, I will do my first injection Sunday Morning.. I am so fucking ready.

Last edited:
Thanks Megatron, how exactly do I do IM injections with the needle as opposed to sub q injections? If I do an injection into my quads with a 29 g, what makes it sub q and what would I do differently to make it an IM injection? Lastly, why do a lot of people use huge 1.5 inch needles for TRT when they can just do tiny 29 g .5 inch IM injections? I am just trying to get a better understanding of the whole injection process. Thanks!

Thank you for the clarification. I have done a lot of research but there is still so much to learn. I have heard that I can massage the area after injecting to avoid lumps in some cases. The reason I wanted to backfill my syringes was because i didn't want to dull the blade of the 29 g by filling it directly. My prescription should be here today, I will do my first injection Sunday Morning.. I am so fucking ready.

The only difference between IM and subq is how deep you go with the needle. The part the hurts when injecting is going through the outer layer of the skin. Once inside you don't feel the needle.

So just push the needle in all the way with 1/2" needles if you want to do IM (perpendicular to the muscle). Guys use longer needles to get deeper into the muscle. This is helpful when you have a big fat cap covering your muscles or when injecting large volumes.

Play around with it and see what works best for you.

I am starting test only TRT next week. I am 25 and want to have kids in a few years. My endo and uro both will not prescribe be HCG. My endo said he doesnt want me on test and HCG because it will raise my test levels too high. He said I could do HCG alone or test alone. I keep stressing to him that I am very worried about my fertility etc. I only have one testicle since I lost the other to cancer 6 years ago.

So, I think it is hopeless to get it prescribed from my doctor. I honestly do not want to start TRT until I have HCG so I can do both at the same time. Now my focus is on getting the HCG myself and doing a low dose along with my test. Is that something I could do? How much does HCG cost and is it easily acquired? Thanks!

No asking for sources or talking about prices. Please read the site rules again.

My bad, I have edited my post.

So I guess my question is, can I start my test only TRT this Thursday and then start the HCG a few weeks later when I have received it? Or should I wait until I have both the test and HCG to start?

My bad, I have edited my post.

So I guess my question is, can I start my test only TRT this Thursday and then start the HCG a few weeks later when I have received it? Or should I wait until I have both the test and HCG to start?

It will be fine to start TRT now.

Thanks Megatron, I feel better knowing I can start TRT and then hop on HCG 1 month later and be okay. I am curious to see the changes from test only TRT to test and HCG TRT.

Thanks Megatron, I feel better knowing I can start TRT and then hop on HCG 1 month later and be okay. I am curious to see the changes from test only TRT to test and HCG TRT.

That is exactly what I did. I started with test only and later added HCG to make the boys normal sized again. Be careful to watch your E2 (estradiol) level when you add HCG. Some people see no real change but I saw my E2 level literally double with just using 250IU of HCG twice a week. I surely did not expect it.

That is exactly what I did. I started with test only and later added HCG to make the boys normal sized again. Be careful to watch your E2 (estradiol) level when you add HCG. Some people see no real change but I saw my E2 level literally double with just using 250IU of HCG twice a week. I surely did not expect it.

So what did you do when your E2 level doubled? Did you start getting the side effects quickly after starting HCG and then did you start taking an AI? Thanks!

I didn't know blood clots were a concern on TRT. Where did you see that blood clots are a risk?

I found this article

excelmale.com/showthread.php?1507-Can-Testosterone-Induce-Blood-Clots-and-Thrombosis-Interview-with-Dr-Charles-Glueck

You can get blood clots if you have a pre-existing condition or if you don't follow on blood work (estradiol).

Its really comes down to get your E2 in check.

Last edited:
Elevated HCT and RBC increase the risk of blood clots. That's not to say that if your HCT hits 54 you're going to throw a clot and die, but the risk is definitely there once things get out of control. Especially if you're in poor cardiovascular health and/or carry other risk factors.

So I went to Target to get my prescription filled for my first injection coming up for TRT. They lady had no idea what I was talking about when I brought up sub q shots with the 29 g .5 inch .5 ml insulin needles that I also had a script for so yea.

My plan is to draw with my 18g needles and then take the plunger out of my 29 g insulin needle and fill them with the 18g's directly. Then, inject the 29g into my glute etc. Does this sound like a good plan? I just don't want to draw and inject with the 29 because I don't want to dull the needle. I will inject 50 mg Wednesday night and Sunday morning. (every 3.5 days)

Also, should I pre load a few of the insulin needles to save time? And how do I avoid air bubbles when doing all of this. I am doing self injections with zero guidance from my young endo dr.

So I went to Target to get my prescription filled for my first injection coming up for TRT. They lady had no idea what I was talking about when I brought up sub q shots with the 29 g .5 inch .5 ml insulin needles that I also had a script for so yea.

My plan is to draw with my 18g needles and then take the plunger out of my 29 g insulin needle and fill them with the 18g's directly. Then, inject the 29g into my glute etc. Does this sound like a good plan? I just don't want to draw and inject with the 29 because I don't want to dull the needle. I will inject 50 mg Wednesday night and Sunday morning. (every 3.5 days)

Also, should I pre load a few of the insulin needles to save time? And how do I avoid air bubbles when doing all of this. I am doing self injections with zero guidance from my young endo dr.

Sounds fine. Although I like drawing with 20g better. They do less damage to the stopper on the vial.

I don't like to preload as it may dissolve the rubber part of the plunger. It really isn't that time consuming either.

Flick the syringe with your finger to get the bubbles to float to the top. Watch some YouTube videos for proper procedure. It will make sense when you see it.

Get more sites that just your glutes.

Sounds fine. Although I like drawing with 20g better. They do less damage to the stopper on the vial.

I don't like to preload as it may dissolve the rubber part of the plunger. It really isn't that time consuming either.

Flick the syringe with your finger to get the bubbles to float to the top. Watch some YouTube videos for proper procedure. It will make sense when you see it.

Get more sites that just your glutes.

Wow fast reply. I will try and get 20 G instead of 18 G.

I can see the rationale for it, but I personally don't like backloading because it's something done by druggies and not medical practitioners. Call it irrational bias if you will.

Back