Ask Anything You Want about TRT Thread........

Would I be better off just drawing and injecting with my 29g .5 inch needles?

Really tough to draw with a needle that small. Most guys use luer-lok needles that can be swapped out.

I am doing what you do though. I started doing it a few months ago and I like it

My pharmacy just called me and said they dont carry 29g .5 inch needles, so they are replacing it with 31g .5 inch needles. Is that okay? I assume it will just take even longer to inject but I am sure its okay.

That is good to know Megatron that you do what I am planning on doing. Do you worry about any bacteria getting into the plunger when you take it out to fill?

I draw and inject with a 30g needle. No issues. Obviously it's not going to draw as fast as a larger gauge needle, but it's not a big deal.

It doesnt dull the needle too bad? also, do you do sub q injections?

Last edited:
Really tough to draw with a needle that small. Most guys use luer-lok needles that can be swapped out.

I am doing what you do though. I started doing it a few months ago and I like it

Umm, now it looks like I called mega a druggie - Not what I wanted to say! At all! :bowdown:

I should have just wrote that "backloading" carries some negative connotations.

Umm, now it looks like I called mega a druggie - Not what I wanted to say! At all! :bowdown:

I should have just wrote that "backloading" carries some negative connotations.

I didn't take it that way. I too was reluctant to try it for a very long time.

It doesnt dull the needle too bad? also, do you do sub q injections?

It will still dull the needle the needle tip a bit, but they're so tiny that it barely makes a difference. The injection is pain free, just a little pinch. Relax man, these are incredibly small needles. You're not going to hurt yourself. After a handful of injections you won't think twice about it.

I usually inject IM, occasionally subQ.

It will still dull the needle the needle tip a bit, but they're so tiny that it barely makes a difference. The injection is pain free, just a little pinch. Relax man, these are incredibly small needles. You're not going to hurt yourself. After a handful of injections you won't think twice about it.

I usually inject IM, occasionally subQ.

Gotcha. So, with the .5 inch needle, IM would be in the quad, delt, etc and sub q would be tummy, glute etc?

Gotcha. So, with the .5 inch needle, IM would be in the quad, delt, etc and sub q would be tummy, glute etc?

For IM stick to the preferred sites. Delts, quads, glutes, ventroglutes are all popular. But there are other sites. See the Spot Injections website.

http://www.spotinjections.com/

Subq just needs to be done in the fat underneath the skin. It can basically be done anywhere. All of the same sites listed above are good spots. Abdomen is good. Love handles.

Thanks Megatron.

I am going on vacation in a few months and will by flying. My pinning schedule is every 3.5 days. Sunday at 9 am and Wednesday at 9 pm. Will I be okay pinning on Sunday at 9 am and then Thursday at 5 pm when I get home? I want to avoid bringing my gear box with me on the plane if I can.

Thanks Megatron.

I am going on vacation in a few months and will by flying. My pinning schedule is every 3.5 days. Sunday at 9 am and Wednesday at 9 pm. Will I be okay pinning on Sunday at 9 am and then Thursday at 5 pm when I get home? I want to avoid bringing my gear box with me on the plane if I can.

No problem whatsoever.

Great. Also, after just one shot into my TRT, my left and only testicle seems to be up tight into the scrotum and actually makes it slightly uncomfortable to walk because it keeps grazing my thigh lol. When I sit, no problem, though. I am surprised that my testicle is already reacting to the test shot, and I hope once i start using HCG next month, it will go back to normal.

Great. Also, after just one shot into my TRT, my left and only testicle seems to be up tight into the scrotum and actually makes it slightly uncomfortable to walk because it keeps grazing my thigh lol. When I sit, no problem, though. I am surprised that my testicle is already reacting to the test shot, and I hope once i start using HCG next month, it will go back to normal.

I didn't get that when I started but one of my testicles ached a bit when I started TRT. I figured that was it shutting down.

Maybe if you go bang the wife/GF you will feel better. Loosen things up in there. Otherwise keep sitting. :)

I didn't get that when I started but one of my testicles ached a bit when I started TRT. I figured that was it shutting down.

Maybe if you go bang the wife/GF you will feel better. Loosen things up in there. Otherwise keep sitting. :)

Duly noted haha. Thanks again.

While giving my testosterone injection today in thigh, I forgot to clean the top of the vial with the alcohol swab. Should I be worried for a bacterial infection? any cream or something I can apply to the injection site to prevent it? pls help - I am panicking a bit :(

Last edited:
While giving my testosterone injection today in thigh, I forgot to clean the top of the vial with the alcohol swab. Should I be worried for a bacterial infection? any cream or something I can apply to the injection site to prevent it? pls help - I am panicking a bit :(

No need to worry unless the injection site starts showing signs of infection. You'll be fine man, just try to be more careful next time.

I have a variocele that would cause me slight pain once in a while but now that I have started TRT, its getting more painful and I could barely sleep last night because of the tenderness and aching in my nut sack.
Anyone have experience with this?

I will be taking 250 IU of HCG every 3.5 days starting next month, I hope this fixes my issues.

Last edited:
Does anyone here supplement DHEA? I have gotten the Hormone Panel For Females but that does not check DHEA. My doctor wants to know what my level is and also my Free T. She says a lot of her patients benefit from DHEA supplementation. Anyone have any feedback on this?

Does anyone here supplement DHEA? I have gotten the Hormone Panel For Females but that does not check DHEA. My doctor wants to know what my level is and also my Free T. She says a lot of her patients benefit from DHEA supplementation. Anyone have any feedback on this?

Just get on hCG instead. You will be glad you did.

Back