Bas Rutten Tough S.O.B but funny...

Pretty funny clip. I like him on Inside MMA. When you watch that show, look at his facial expressions when someone else is talking, its great.

Bas is awesome.. His peak/prime was before MMA/UFC really caught fire in the US or he'd be a top contender right now.

I loved this video and I used to have it on my hard drive but it got lost... does anyone have the full version of this street defence video??

So he is a big fan of a kick to the balls. Would any of you do that in a bar fight? I have been part/seen a lot of bar fight, because I work at a bar but cannot recall anyone kicking someone in the nuts on purpose.

WorkingOnOK said:
So he is a big fan of a kick to the balls. Would any of you do that in a bar fight? I have been part/seen a lot of bar fight, because I work at a bar but cannot recall anyone kicking someone in the nuts on purpose.
I don't just train mma, I also train Ren Raku Do Karate which focuses on self defense on the street. The answer to your question...yes. My preference is a knee to the balls. I've made sparring partners puke from an accidental knee to the balls. The knee to the balls almost assures you of them doubling over.
I have used a Thai clinch in the bar before...way back before I trained Muay Thai. lol
I favor knees for everything.

I had a few lessons in kajukenbo and the style is very similiar to what Rutten preaches. Its a fucking streetfight you do what you have to do to fuck the other person up.

Last time I checked there was no rules in a bar or street fight so yeah kicks to the balls is all good. You want it over and done with asap with minimal injury to ones self.

evansss said:
I had a few lessons in kajukenbo and the style is very similiar to what Rutten preaches. Its a fucking streetfight you do what you have to do to fuck the other person up.
Kajukenbo is the primary foundation for RenRaku Do. The guys that started RRD trained Kajukenbo, judo, kyokushin (not really, but I can't spell the style that they were in and kyokushin is VERY similar), kempo, aikido, jiujitsu, kali/escrima.

I suppose you saw the Fight Quest show on kajukenbo. It was a bit goofy really. It did show the heart of the art though. It just showed some of the west coast guys doing their thing.

Back