Bloodwork in the UK....Where?

Micklos

I'm right out on the West coast. My nearest proper city is a full day's round-trip away. I can't seem to find anywhere to get bloodwork done. I thought you could arrange that through your local needle exchange, but that doesn't seem to be the case.
Do I have to see my GP? Because that sounds like a royal pain in the backside. Can't I just go some place, give some guy some cash, and have some nice nurse take some blood? My nearest half-decent hospital is only a 2 hour round-trip, but it's NHS, so I have no idea if they do such things unless you give them a BS reason.

I can't remember the name of the place but I remember posting a link to it is the following thread.

http://www.steroidology.com/forum/t...one-replacement-therapy-trt-log-uk-style.html

Ahh, found it! Thanks! I'll be sure to pass it on next time I see someone asking the same question. Actually, considering how many people are registered here, and all the extra lurkers, you'd think it would come up more often. Then again, I often overhear teenagers talking about "going on the roids" to "Get big in time for summer". Of all the steroid related discussions I've ever overheard (and there have been a lot) 90% were in April or May and were teenagers looking to pop some orals for 2 months and expecting to be huge in time for summer.

I am in the UK too mate!

I asked my GP, I said that I felt really low etc.....The real reason was I wanted to get an idea of what my Test levels were as I suffer from anxiety and read that Test can help with confidence thus leading to reduced anxiety.
My levels came back at 7.8 (221) so I was low all the time.....Trouble having the NHS.....They are very very reluctant to prescribe Test unless you are under 5.5 (170). So it becomes the tricky and hard option of trying to self treat with Pharma Grade (if you can find it, most are fakes) or trust a UGL.....I trust a UGL and am self medicating.

I am in the UK too mate!

I asked my GP, I said that I felt really low etc.....The real reason was I wanted to get an idea of what my Test levels were as I suffer from anxiety and read that Test can help with confidence thus leading to reduced anxiety.
My levels came back at 7.8 (221) so I was low all the time.....Trouble having the NHS.....They are very very reluctant to prescribe Test unless you are under 5.5 (170). So it becomes the tricky and hard option of trying to self treat with Pharma Grade (if you can find it, most are fakes) or trust a UGL.....I trust a UGL and am self medicating.

If I can con a Dr into giving me the pre-cycle tests, that still leaves mid and post-cycle. I guess I'll just have to pay to consult a private GP and tell him what I want the tests for, THEN pay for the tests. Unless I can walk into a private clinic or hospital and just book the tests myself, but I don't know if even a private practice would just do whatever they were paid to without a good reason.
The crazy thing is that I worked in a Hematology lab when I was a teenager, and was responsible for sorting the samples for that lab and taking the rest where they needed to be. I could have not only got my own tests for free, but charged guys at the gym to do theirs too. I could have had an endless supply of pins, barrels, swabs, etc. But at the time, all I bothered with was scalpels (what teenager wouldn't) scissors, surgical tubing, and the odd box of co-dydramol.
I have no idea how securely they lock up the test, but I'd be surprised if a good chunk of it didn't disappear on the night-shift. I know the really nice goodies were in a locked room, in a locked wooden cupboard. It would take some Oceans Eleven s**t to defeat a wooden cupboard!

Back