Bodybuilding and height

From what I can tell the only idiots here are the people getting mad at my opinion. I can also guarantee the only people getting mad are super short. Don't be so mad it's not your fault.

did i really just read this??? shoot me. i 5 foot and weight 220 most of thats in my dick start sucking MF.

lol, LOTS of bbers are short. I met david henry and honestly he looked pretty good. not weird at all. I was talking to him when he was sitting down at a table, and then i saw him from a distance on stage so i didnt even know he was short till i got home and looked up his stats. i just remember his arms looked like 23's but when i got home they were actually like 19 or 20. i think cause he was short his arms looked massive. shorter guys dont need as big of muscles to look big because of proportion. i think franco had 19's also. and i measured 19's on myself when my arms were pumped. but my arms look nowhere near any pro bbers. its weird how proportion works.

and im glad someone brought up franco, i was gonna say that one. and he lifted the same weight as arnold.

no, short bbers dont look as intimidating as a 6'3" bber who is 300lbs, but they still look big as fuck.

if anything i wish i was shorter because it seems like it might be easier to get bigger muscles since they r shorter. like how its hard for a super tall person to get big muscles, cause their muscles are long.

im 5'9" btw

Although the OP could have worded this much better, he has a point.

Smaller frames are more limited to the amount of muscle you can put on them. Even outside of that, you take a 5'8 perfect physique and put the same physique on a 6'3 frame and the bigger one just looks more impressive.

Lil guys can look great, don't get me wrong. But when they come out of their weight class into the open... if the body's are otherwise equal, the bigger guy wins.

Franco got beat over and over again by the bigger dude.

On a side note.... the pound for pound strong guys are almost always we lil fuckers. 175 pounds benching 450 and shit...

Last edited:
We did a study in physics in college about work done. I couldn't bench as much as another lifter in the class for as many reps , but when we factored in limb length and such, I came out much better than he did on overal strength and work done. It's all about leverage.

considering that there has only been one Mr. Olympia over 6' (Arnold) in the history of bodybuilding... the original poster knows shit about this sport many of us hold dear!

This guy is crazy, I started lifting by reading a copy of Franco Columbos "Winning Bodybuilding" and old tore up copy my pops gave me. I remember reading that thing while sitting on a weight bench with torn up pads in my garage.

The only thing I dislike about height in bodybuilding is the taller guys somewhat get robbed. They can carry much more mass than the shorter guys but looks overall smaller than them because of the height difference, and I don't think the judges really take in account the height. The shorter guys can look A LOT more wider and thicker even when they're lighter.

Back