Bodybuilding and height

The only thing I dislike about height in bodybuilding is the taller guys somewhat get robbed. They can carry much more mass than the shorter guys but looks overall smaller than them because of the height difference, and I don't think the judges really take in account the height. The shorter guys can look A LOT more wider and thicker even when they're lighter.

i completely disagree bro... if a taller guy carried enough mass, equivalent to a shorter competitor he/she would NOT be robbed, but would be awarded for it.. but the problem is most taller guys (over 6') are mostly into other sports and get into bodybuilding too late... especially in the States where there are just too many other prominent sports for a gifted athlete to choose from and bodybuilding is way down the list

Although the OP could have worded this much better, he has a point.

Smaller frames are more limited to the amount of muscle you can put on them. Even outside of that, you take a 5'8 perfect physique and put the same physique on a 6'3 frame and the bigger one just looks more impressive" end QUOTE

u are not making any sense bro... if a guy 5'8" was standing beside a guy 6'3" on stage, both with the same physique, why would the taller guy look more impressive??? they would be the same haha

So I don't know if its just me but any bodybuilder under 5'8 is pretty much a joke.

u are aware that only ONE guy 6'+ has ever one the Olympia, right? Arnold

majority of the top competitors are 5'6"-5'10" (Haney, Yates, Levrone, Ronnie, Cutler, Heath etc all fall into this group)... Shawn Ray, one of the best ever is 5'6"... so u really are talking out of ur ass lol

...so if a guy is over 5'10" he's got a pretty slim chance of ever making it too

All I'm gonna' say is that I enjoy my off season weight of 300-325 lbs at 6"1" ....

I honestly think some of the short guys get screwed...especially in the open classes !

6 foot and over stop bitching. eat sleep and trAIN. either way bitches will want u more then any manlet.

lol! Bro, if you criticize height, look at Gaspari, he was 5'9" not the tallest, but hung in there and took out much taller competitiors...

As said already, Arnold was the only one over 6 foot to ever win. The best seem to fall in the 5'8" to 5'10". I do feel being under 5'6" is a disadvantage, but being over 6' clearly is too.

I will admit, when I see a tall guy 6'2 or above who is big and lean, it is way more impressive then a shorter guy who is big and lean.

short lifter. how do i look?

How do I look? Do I look like i have a fair amount of muscle?
hey guys,
Straight up, i have no one to talk to about these
types of things, as im in Seoul korea

Every Korea guy that has ever seen me in the gym truly believe I'm the "most muscular guy around" lol. But i know this Isnt true of course.

The guys in the gyms here are all about cardio, and looking very thin and toned.

I've been here 4 years, but have been lifting since high school.

I just finished my second cycle in Jan and will start another one in may. I will continue to bulk until the cycle finishes in august (test enth 500 mg per week / dianobol 50mg for the first six weeks) and then finally start to cut.

I am just continuing to eat clean in large quantities (brown rice, chicken, kimchi, peanutbutter, cereal, protein, eggs) since i will start a new cycle fairly soon.

So my question is, how do i look to other fellow lifters? no homo.
my stats: im 5"6 209 pounds.

It may be a bit difficult to get a good scale of me in the pics, but any critique or comments would be welcome!

you can look at my profile pic and also i have a few others in my photo album

thank you so much guys!

So I don't know if its just me but any bodybuilder under 5'8 is pretty much a joke.

I suppose you got some height and you think you're gonna become the shit, while the rest of us toil away.

Realty is the best bodybuilding height is between 5'7"-6. Anything over and under is usually an anomaly.

I suppose you got some height and you think you're gonna become the shit, while the rest of us toil away.

Realty is the best bodybuilding height is between 5'7"-6. Anything over and under is usually an anomaly.
I'm 6'3" and weight 235-240 and get looked at by people all the time while I'm at the gym, I by no means consider myself ripped or huge guy. My two workout buddies who are 5'8 and 5'9 and weigh 210-225 in my eyes are way more ripped than I am, but I tend to get looks more often cause of my height.

Personally I love being my height. Being shorter makes it a lot easier to look like you are bigger. My arms and legs are shorter so the muscle is more compact, it is easier to lift heavy (leverages) and I don't have to eat nearly as much food as taller guys do to get big. Plus I need less gear, and other meds, since I have less mass than a guy who is my same exact build but taller. I am not too short to where I look like a midget, yet still short enough to get the benefits of being short for bodybuilding purposes. People asked me if I was on juice before I ever touched a syringe and I was always that super buff guy in high school (though that was because I was extremely lean, not particularly massive). That's the benefit of being short, and that's why I love my height.

I like when lee priest said in regards to bodybuilding and height, that 'big' isn't always the best word to describe the taller guys, tall is because a 5'6 guy having the same measurements as someone 6'0 there's no question the 5'6 is the bigger guy. I stand at a even 5'11.5-6'0, some times I wish I was taller but I can't complain :)

most successful bodybuilders are short, it looks better for proportion, the illusion makes you think they are all 6,4 monsters but taller guys dont look the part

Back