box squads better for leg stregth then regular squads?

pretty ricky said:
use a low box.i was one of those guys who had a good squat till i realized i was doing half squats.do em low brother!you will be happy with the gains that way and then you will be doing real squats.

I did regular squats today and my last set I did 540lbsx 3 and 2 weeks ago before I did the box sqaut I barly made 3 reps for 520lbs I knew its very effective because last week I couldnt walk the next day. It def work the legs and gluts more and Im gonna keep switching every week and see how that goes for me.

not everyone can go to their calves, I wish I could these days. I did it that way in HS but now in my twilight years of college I have to stay above 90 degrees or I get some serious swelling. I like box squats it makes me use better form to sit back more on my heels, I gotta find my old wrestling shoes I think that'll help more seems like regular running or any athletic shoe is angled to much.

yeah, my balance gets all fucked up using regular tennis shoes. I'm not sure if it's the arch or if the sole is squishing out so much at the toes from the weight. I've used my old wrestling shoes from college and they work fine. I also like wearing them for back day because they seem to add about 30lbs to my deadlift.

Hit box squats for the first time since HS. They were great. the weight wasn't to impressive but hey I sure did feel like I got a hella work out in really got the whole leg. I did 2x6 315 then 1x5 335 then 2x10 with 135 jumping of the ground. I'm going to stick with these babies for a while my knees felt good during and after who knows the growth and strength I'll be getting out of these babies.

ya thats what I'm doing. I get a full pause in I think my butt is going to get bigger from this, already feeling it. Hey my drive phase or start of my forty is terrible first 10 yards I'm coming out slow any suggestions. I'm at a 5.2 right now my goal is a solid 4.9 by season.

Last edited:
can't clean no more. My right knee guards to much when i'm ass to calfs and i'm sure light weights wont be of much use. I may try it again from a higher platt form if I can't get much improvement from other techniques. But a good suggestion, kinda forgot about that since i don't prefer to do them.

truck i got a pretty good plyo workout if you wanna stay away from power lifts. it really really helped me out when it came to the start of the 40, vert, and broad jump

sure gator I'd love it you can email it to me at truck13@cyber-rights.net or just pm it to me.

I worked with a track coach today. My knee drive/heel up was low so my stride length coming out was poor I increased my stride length so I cover about 2.5 ft more on my first four steps, now i just gotta work on it. I was doing my a skips, b skips and fast leg all wrong I wasn't getting my foot over my knee so I wasn't training my leg to get it up higher.

GatorFB21 said:
holy shit i couldnt agree with you more man, i thought i had abnormal leg growth or some crap
I squat in just my socks. Since I actually feel the floor I concentrate more on staying on my heels...works for me.

Back