Calf enhancing sneakers

Cheappinz

Official Sponsor
Has anyone tried the sneakers that are supposedly able to improve calf definition just by wearing during the day? I see one option by sketchers, and another brand that's very expensive yet marketed for back pain not muscular development.

Anyone got an opinion on these? I like walking my dogs for fun & it would be nice to think I'm working my calves while bringing them on a loop...

Has anyone tried the sneakers that are supposedly able to improve calf definition just by wearing during the day? I see one option by sketchers, and another brand that's very expensive yet marketed for back pain not muscular development.

Anyone got an opinion on these? I like walking my dogs for fun & it would be nice to think I'm working my calves while bringing them on a loop...

hi Cheappinz,
im a physical Therapist, my clients have approached me with the same question, only regarding back pain.
iMO this is a load of marketing B.S.
no shoe can "walk for us" tone your muscles or fix your back.
in fact one of my clients bought the sketchers version (inspite of my advice) to use on her walks, and i have seen no difference in her body what so ever.

hope this helped :)
IM

hi Cheappinz,
im a physical Therapist, my clients have approached me with the same question, only regarding back pain.
iMO this is a load of marketing B.S.
no shoe can "walk for us" tone your muscles or fix your back.
in fact one of my clients bought the sketchers version (inspite of my advice) to use on her walks, and i have seen no difference in her body what so ever.

hope this helped :)
IM

As a PT you should know what you wrote is totally Crap. You know the forcing the body into a specific motion isolating a muscle group will for the body to strengthen the isolated muscle group. It is the backbone of what you do. THe shoes don't walk the person. They change the what muscle are used to support your posture. It's not much different than high heals.

Last edited:
I have a bachelors in PT as well and the only reason I would believe this might have some merit is: I remember learning that the calf muscles are the only postural muscles that are always firing to keep us upright and balanced.
If this is true, I was hoping the curved bottom to the therapeutic shoes would unbalance me enough to have those muscles work overtime. You don't think so? Does your patient say she feels those muscles are working more or not at all..If I knew I'd feel some soreness or anything..I'd be willing to try it. The only thing that gives me the legs I like the look of is exercise combined with very strict diet. I hate not eating. lol

I just start playing hockey after being off skate for 15 years and my skate have a raised heal. This has caused constant growth and cramping of the muscle that run the shin and my calfs

I've been dying. I'm cramped up and in pain with very little ability to stretch these cramps. Years ago i had a boss who used shoes with raised toes to increase his leaping ability they were funny.. I gave him a lot of crap over it but they did work.

Last edited:
As a PT you should know what you wrote is totally Crap. You know the forcing the body into a specific motion isolating a muscle group will for the body to strengthen the isolated muscle group. It is the backbone of what you do. THe shoes don't walk the person. They change the what muscle are used to support your posture. It's not much different than high heals.

LMAO
i have to say thats the first time iv had a person with a naked pirate woman critique my knowledge.
i almost dont feel like going into a detailed response because of your absolutely crappy attitude. i cant belive you are a mod.
the only thing i'll say is there is a difference between STRENGHTENING/BUILDING of a muscle, and the SHORTENING of a muscle.
enjoy your cramped calves, which are basically causing you... shin splints.

LMAO
i have to say thats the first time iv had a person with a naked pirate woman critique my knowledge.
i almost dont feel like going into a detailed response because of your absolutely crappy attitude. i cant belive you are a mod.
the only thing i'll say is there is a difference between STRENGHTENING/BUILDING of a muscle, and the SHORTENING of a muscle.
enjoy your cramped calves, which are basically causing you... shin splints.

I've never heard of these but as a way to work my calf muscles I will walk around in high heels. This has absolutely worked great although I'll never have the best calves.

DPR is not actually a moderator here but an administrator....he is higher than a moderator. I do realize he came across rude and know that he absolutely did not mean to. People forget this is the women's section and in general we are much more polite than the men. His brashness was not meant towards you but at your argument. I will apolgize on behalf of him and "spank" him in private for coming across rude in the ladies section. You've both brought up some great points even though the opinions differ. His "crappy" attitude only comes across crappy online. He's an amazing administrator with a wealth of knowledge. I'd also like to acknowledge your background as well IM....we love having you around here! :love:

You both disagree and will have to agree to disagree. We have a great discussion going because of the differing opinions.

I myself would be curious to try these and see if they work. If they didn't I'd still have a pair of shoes I could use regardless.

I've never heard of these but as a way to work my calf muscles I will walk around in high heels. This has absolutely worked great although I'll never have the best calves.

DPR is not actually a moderator here but an administrator....he is higher than a moderator. I do realize he came across rude and know that he absolutely did not mean to. People forget this is the women's section and in general we are much more polite than the men. His brashness was not meant towards you but at your argument. I will apolgize on behalf of him and "spank" him in private for coming across rude in the ladies section. You've both brought up some great points even though the opinions differ. His "crappy" attitude only comes across crappy online. He's an amazing administrator with a wealth of knowledge. I'd also like to acknowledge your background as well IM....we love having you around here! :love:

You both disagree and will have to agree to disagree. We have a great discussion going because of the differing opinions.

I myself would be curious to try these and see if they work. If they didn't I'd still have a pair of shoes I could use regardless.

She is right. I intended no ATTACK on you. But I did intend to challenge your point a little to provoke some healthy debate. I don't post in this forum enough to remember to when I'm here. I'm usually the one telling the guys to cool it. I'm so sorry if I offended you.

All I know is that during high school I used Jump Soles for 12 weeks or so and successfully gained 8 inches on my vertical leap and some significant size on my calves. The principles are somewhat similar, so from my experience, I could see that they MAY work in some respect.

Also, a competitive figure competitor at my gym wears them and she has INCREDIBLE legs. I can't attribute them to the shoe but if it helps even 5% it's money well invested.

All I know is that during high school I used Jump Soles for 12 weeks or so and successfully gained 8 inches on my vertical leap and some significant size on my calves. The principles are somewhat similar, so from my experience, I could see that they MAY work in some respect.

Also, a competitive figure competitor at my gym wears them and she has INCREDIBLE legs. I can't attribute them to the shoe but if it helps even 5% it's money well invested.

When you say the jumpsoles are you talkin about shoes that basically have an extended downward sole from the ball of your foot forward? I was actually curious about those.

This business about the rounded skechers has a bunch of people at the local mall looking half retarded walkin around. And its alot of people!!!:laugh:

Thanks for the opinions. I personally like to hear an opinion different than my own & no offense taken.. It helps me think of ideas that wouldn't naturally come to me.

I've heard some people say (regarding calf muscles) "either you have them or you don't" ...and I hope that's not the case, because currently I don't...lol..

The truth is they dont do anything at all! Honestly, the expensive ones have been out for along time, they are made in Sweden and called MTB's. They are about 325 a pair. I know this for a fact, I have two pairs. I bought them for one reason and one only. They MAKE YOU TALLER!!! A LOT TALLER and that is great. The quality is unbelievable on the MBT's too. They lasted for over 5 years!! So if your on the shorter side thats a good reason to buy but dont look for any of the hype.

I've heard some people say (regarding calf muscles) "either you have them or you don't" ...and I hope that's not the case, because currently I don't...lol..

I have a friend who spent a sumer carrying around a 50 pound chainsaw for to forrest service fighting fires. At the end of the summer his calfs were bigger huge. He didn't train them it was just the result of hiking up and down mountains with an extra 50 pounds of weight.

Back