Could a first timer make gains from 250mg Test E per week?

G

GTC

I was going to do 500mg Test Enanthate each week but when I come to do my 2nd cycle I'll need even more like 750mg each week right??? I read somewhere that the more you take on your first cycles the more you have to take in later cycles, because your body gets used to it- is this true?

I want to know if I could make any significant gains from 250mg a week (I only weigh about 180lbs). If I have any bad side effects with Test E then wouldn't it be better if I found out on 250mg each week instead of 500mg?

I'd also like to know if this is true - - By taking 250mg Test each week wouldn't you have more than 250mg in your body after a couple of weeks because Test E is long lasting in the body? I mean like by the time you come to do your 2nd injection or whatever, you've still got steroid left in your body from the previous injection, is this right?

I also have Dianabol to take for the first 3 or 4 weeks of the cycle.

You may make SOME gains at 250mg per week if its your first cycle, but you may not be very happy with the results. I would start out at a minimum of 375mg per week, divided into twice a week injects. For example, if your test is dosed at 250mg/ml, then inject 3/4 of a cc on Tuesday and another 3/4 of a cc on Friday (a total of 1.5 cc's weekly, thus 375mg weekly) - repeat each week for 10 to 12 weeks. Do proper post cycle therapy (pct) afterwards.

I would still suggest 500mg weekly however for a decent first cycle of Test only.

Long esters do build up in your body over time, but it takes awhile and also doesn't in itself justify the logic of doing only 250mg per week. Save the D-Bol for your second or third cycle...just do Test only for your first one and see how you react (growth, any sides, etc.).

Last edited:
i agree go with test only and leave the dbol out till later. as far as dosage i would go with 500 jmo!!!

rather than 3/4 cc twice a week use 1cc e5d, its almost the same dose and easier to measure/in line with test-e half life.

Thanks for your help everyone. I think I'll do a Test only cycle then; like you said Spartie, if I take both Dianabol and Test-E together and get side effects, I won't know which drug is causing it because I've never taken either of them before.
So I'll do 500mg Test-E per week for my first cycle then maybe include the Dianabol on my second or third cycle. Would 500mg Test-E be as effective on the second cycle or would I have to increase it?
How long does Dianabol stay good for? Assuming my Anabol tablets are pretty new, how long do they take to expire? What's the best way to store them?

Last edited:
You should be able to make good gains at 500 mg a week for your second cycle also. 500 mg/wk plus dbol will be a good second cycle. Also you don't have to go straight up to 750 for a second cycle, you could just bump it up to 600 and add the dbol.

Average test produced in a 25-30 year old male ~70mg per week, so if you are getting almost 4 times that per week, with tons of food and proper training, what do you think?

I am with fantom on this one (in the non-homosexual way of course. lol). Less is more in most cases. No need for 500mg/w, but it won't hurt you either.

your right in assuming that if you jump to 500mg you cant go backwards......
at your weight id start of at 250mg you will get results then repeat until the cycle fails to produce results (this could be once this could take 3 cycles) then increase the dose to say 400 mg repeat again......until it fails to produce results.....you dont need to increase the dose every cycle.......in my opinion for a novice less is more........

Trust me bro you dont wanna waste your money at test for 250mg a week, do a minimum of 500mg. a week (1cc e5d). 500mg. is average for most. And it is true that your body adjusts to the amount of test, but remember you can still grow off 500mg of test your second and even your thrid time. Enanthate is really mild in my situation, sustanon on the other hand is when I started noticing sides.

kacoe said:
Trust me bro you dont wanna waste your money at test for 250mg a week, do a minimum of 500mg.

dont waste your money???? doubling the dose and cost when you could easily get good gains from 250mg.......thats wasting money...........and just plain stupid.......

^^^^agree im on 350mg of prop a week for my first cycle and im making good gains! so less is more in a matter of speaking...cause for my next cycle i wont have to up the dose to much...

kacoe said:
Trust me bro you dont wanna waste your money at test for 250mg a week, do a minimum of 500mg. a week (1cc e5d). 500mg. is average for most. And it is true that your body adjusts to the amount of test, but remember you can still grow off 500mg of test your second and even your thrid time. Enanthate is really mild in my situation, sustanon on the other hand is when I started noticing sides.

Trust you??......Hahahaha

Let's talk about low doses, let's all look at what you're planning; http://www.steroidology.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1357458&postcount=1

I'm with spartie. I like test only at 500 mgs. per week. Going from 250 to 500 per week is unlikely to have any downside, and it is likely that you will make substantially better gains.

Back