Critical component of cycle. Workout frequency on gear.

gtower

After much research on this forum and on other sources, I am considering muscle workout frequency.
As you will only get growth on gear if you have a good diet, rest, and proper workout technique and FREQUENCY.

The frequency is what I am working on optimizing. Keeping your muscles in a growth pattern with optimal workouts seems very important, but there is almost no solid information on this. especially with any addition of gear ( which will effect this enough to make non steroid information not directly applicable I would say ), this is even more challenging.

Anyway, I would like to take this opportunity to collect some good information from those that are on this forum to say what works for them. Too often = over train. Not often enough = lost potential gains.

What works for you? Lets use examples. eg. Quads every 4 days, biceps every week.......

Hopefully this will be educational for me and others that are looking for this as well.

im still using the same routine that i had before starting gear , just higher intensity , the gear will add strength , so your routine can remain roughly the same but u will be stronger and be able to push heavier . u will still over train and get injured if u try to work a muscle group out 3 times a week . if u are sore , dont touch the muscle ...simple... I train every body part only once a week with the exception of calfs and abs , and many times on any random day of the week , say i am doing legs and taking a rest from a set , if i feel my chest is good , inbetween sets for legs i throw a couple sets of chest in , trust me , it all adds up . same rules all apply , if u want to train arms twice , make sure u give them a few days apart to recover fully 3-4 , your recovery may be a bit faster on gear , but still wouldnt go more than 2x a week per body part , specially if ur training hard .

I train every muscle each 3-4 days depending how fast I feel recovered. Overtraining is bullshit if your macros are good and getting enough rest. I'm in the gym 2-3 hrs a day. Used to freak out about overtraining, but to compensate for my high caloric intake I workout more frequently to make dure every muscle is being built constantly. Was doing 1 body part a week, but my results halted.

I believe everyone is different. If you don't know your own body well enough to tell what is too much and what isnt enough, then something is wrong. Aka not ready for gear.

Its about learning about YOUR body. A lot of factors come into play its almost impossible to recommend how frequent someone should train across the board. If I were you I would hit a muscle once a week and maybe slowly increase frequency and see how you feel. I was doing 6 days a week and I felt like I was overtraining. I took a week off so my body can heal and went back at it. Working a muscle twice a week just wasnt for me. For example 24+ sets for chest was too much. Now Im not saying Im going to do just 12 sets on chest but it def wont be 24 again.

I started off the cycle low intensity and increased it week by week my final month I'm feeling the wrath. I feel as if my weight increases were so big and maybe I could push or pull it with some muscles others muscles weren't ready.
Next time ill take it alittle slower with jumping up on the weight.

Back