Dad is starting TRT with Pellets.

Hypnotix

I've read before in this section that pellets are a pretty effective route, but generally more expensive than oil injections.

I just wanted clarification from my trusted source of information (Ology), and all of the friends I have here!

I've ran over every detail with him that I've had to cover for my own therapy and the clinic he's going to is well established, everything lined up.

It's pretty awesome actually that I can finally do something to help him in life.

If anyone has any info to bring to the table in regards to the pellets, I'd love to hear. All I know is they numb, make an incision, and shove the suckers in there! His handler said he will likely see 1000-1100 TT, with minimal effect on estrogen as it's a very slow and steady release. He will be monitored fully with quarterly bloods, and such. They even monitor SHBG, and PSAs. They prescribe HCG, at 250ius x 2 per week and Arimidex.

I've guided him on the dosing of the AI, seemed to be the only hiccup I could see. They prescribed 1 tab a week. As far as I know it only comes in 1mg tabs..? That seemed a bit much for the equivalent of 200mg/wk of test TT levels.. but maybe it's. 0.5mg tabs and I can instruct him to break it in half for two doses.

Thanks to those who provide some insight. Oil is a choice still, and it's less expensive even, but he's not hurting for money AT ALL and is going through the motions of recommendations made by the handler.

I want to sugar coat it because we're talking about someone near and dear to you, but I honestly feel that pellets belong in our livestock - not us.

The possibility of infections is much higher, complications from the surgery are a factor, and it's a repeated incision over and over and over for life. There's not much leeway when it comes to fine tuning things either.

Of course, that's MY opinion on the subject, as there may be be others that truly feel it's a great option. I just see it as a way for doctor offices to make a great deal of money as it is billable as surgery - which is always bigger money.

I can't say whether or not that dose of AI will be too much, but it definitely is on the higher side of things. It really depends on just how much he aromatizes, and where that pellet puts him. *shudder* I think I've seen too many youtube videos on the implants haha. :p

My .02c :)

I agree with Halfwit. Pellets would be near the bottom of my list as an option for TRT.

Can we discuss options then?

Oil, gels, creams, pellets.

Are you saying you would do gels and creams over pellets? I've heard it's inconsistent, and some don't take well to it.

Also, I'd like to mention, I'm rather outspoken. If we can discuss the negatives of pellets and such, I will have no problem relaying the word. My parents and I have a ridiculously good relationship and can talk openly about anything. Thanks guys.

Injections are just hard to beat. You can fine tune doses, do it yourself (no office fees), and it's very plentiful. There's zero transfer risk, and as long as good injection practices are employed - damn near impossible to have a complication.

Gels/creams/patches/satchets all can work, but can transfer to others, cost significantly more, and can be quite messy. My 82 year old grandfather FINALLY had enough of the cream stuff and joined the injection club. He wasn't happy at first as it can be daunting to self inject, but he's enjoying it FAR more, much to my grandmother's dismay. ;)

Can we discuss options then?

Oil, gels, creams, pellets.

Are you saying you would do gels and creams over pellets? I've heard it's inconsistent, and some don't take well to it.

Also, I'd like to mention, I'm rather outspoken. If we can discuss the negatives of pellets and such, I will have no problem relaying the word. My parents and I have a ridiculously good relationship and can talk openly about anything. Thanks guys.

I have written some of my thoughts on the topic in here.

http://www.steroidology.com/forum/testosterone-replacement-therapy/662394-basic-trt-overview.html

My wife has been on T pellets for a few years now. Mixed bag. She gets even levels, but is out a few days from gym due to soreness from procedure.

Once they put the pellet right on a nerve and it hurt for a few months.

Seeing what she her experience has been I sure prefer my shots. That said, even though she does peptides subcutaneous (like my T shots) she doesn't want to switch. I don't get it, but I don't have a dog in the fight. As long as she gets T somehow life is good.

I did pellets at the start. Had to drive an hour to doctor office. Was sore a few days. Could feel them bounce if I did jumping jacks or running. Take 2-3 weeks to kick in. Didnt keep me therapeutic more than 8 total weeks. Insurance would only cover once every three months. They're crazy expensive. They're good overall but shots is much easier cheaper and painless. I wish I could do nebido at home once every 6-10 weeks but the doc would only let me do that at the office an hour away. So I use test cyp twice a week for stable levels.

Your dad could try pellets at first and decide what he is willing to do long term but like most he will probably end up with injections.

I did pellets at the start. Had to drive an hour to doctor office. Was sore a few days. Could feel them bounce if I did jumping jacks or running. Take 2-3 weeks to kick in. Didnt keep me therapeutic more than 8 total weeks. Insurance would only cover once every three months. They're crazy expensive. They're good overall but shots is much easier cheaper and painless. I wish I could do nebido at home once every 6-10 weeks but the doc would only let me do that at the office an hour away. So I use test cyp twice a week for stable levels.

Your dad could try pellets at first and decide what he is willing to do long term but like most he will probably end up with injections.

My dad is a twin, and his brother just started injections. (They tend to do the same things in life lol) After speaking to him last night and explaining everyone's thoughts on it here he said he will likely make the switch after the first two procedures. Just wants to feel it out, I said... well, it sounds like it may feel pretty bad for a little while after every treatment :D

The clinic my uncle is using is just as up to date, but uses oil as it's primary method of treatment.

Thanks fellas!

Back