Dloves lifting log

Dlove

Product of Test
Well after being on this site for 5 yrs. now, it's probably about time I start a log. Also Mike and Milk refused anymore free help if I didn't, lol, J/K.
So I'm 32 yrs. old, feeling old and weak. I'm 6'3 283 pds on cycle 270'ish off probably holding 16-18% BF I got a pic up in the training section from some post where someone wanted to know if there was hope for fat boys. I've been told I look better then. I'm also nowhere near as strong as I look and that really pisses me off. I just finished PCT and am gonna train clean for about 6-8 more weeks and really focus on my technique with my major lifts. My goals are just to get stronger for now. I went to a power lifting comp just to watch before I moved home and some guys there really inspired me and also said I have a good stature to possibly lift some heavy weight. Back is kinda strong but chest is pathetic. Legs eh so so.
So with being sick for a week and not having a gym membership in my town I just moved back to I lifted all of two times in two weeks. Diet has sucked also. So I hit the gym with the start of my new routine tonight after work. I feel whipped. Gonna make it quick American Idols on, lol.

My routine is in the training section.

5 p.m. Pre-work out shake, Oats, 4 eggs, grapes. Went and signed new contract and paid for all employees to have a corporate membership at new gym then stretched for 10 minutes.

Squats 135x10/135x10/155x8/185x8/225x8/225x8/275x6/315x5 2 in the tank 315x5 1-2 in the tank.

Pull-threw's didn't even look at the weight or remember but fuckin love this exercise. My lower body is still trembling. 2 warm-ups then 3x10. I dont know if you go wide stance or close though?

DB Rows 80x10, 90x10, 100x10

Not only is new gym hot and stuffy (felt like I was in a freakin coffin but the DB's only go to 100.

Finished with Hammer Strength MTS Ab crunch 3x20. Didn't stretch felt like my head was in a vice grip from lack of air and the sinus pressure here in the mtns. this time of yr. Didn't go 110% intensity it's been a while I gotta get back in the groove. Devoured 3 porks, dirty rice with chopped onion and garlic, with okra diced tomatoes and green pepper. Still hungry cant wait till breakfast, lol.

Now when did you get the idea that my help is for free;)

For PThrews i use a really wide stance, because you need it for balance when lifting heavy weigth plus your training hams-glutes-lower back so i dont see the need to stand in a narrow stance. Thats a great exercise to do whilst on dball, i personally cant walk because of the pump it gives me in the lower back:)

Was reading some articles about strongman, and found an awesome quote ´´Theres nothing wrong to train to look pretty, but I would rather train to be strong``:D

I like that quote. Shit man with cardio and good diet I see this routine probably gonna do both im gonna be leaner and stronger. Gonna be hittin cardio on off days so that will help.
I did do a wide stance glad thats right. I felt like I was gonna be thrown off my feet if not, lol. Glad I switched back to the hightop vans for heavy lifting shoe. Keeping nice and stable seems very important and helps technique for me.
The DB rows almost seemed like a little overkill on the lowerback after the puul-threws maybe ill switch to some rows on the machine or somethin else? Perfect balanced routine yesterday though man. Feel great today. Went home ate a nice dinner then woke up and made a massive breakfast. I have a feeling im gonna need to keep cal's high. Breakfast was 6 free range eggs from the farm, bowl of whole grains, bagel and cream cheese, watermelon. I caught my girl sitting on the couch just watching me eat, she was like WTF. Cardio tonight after work. Gonna have to do it at the gym the weather is shit today, 50 and raining. Im a huge fan of getting cardio in outside like biking, kayaking, swimming etc... Thinkin of hittin abs again but the routine doesn't call for it whats your take mike? My take on abs is you can never hit them enough.

Yeah thats something i forgot to add is that the only way i can really do pullthrews is as a finisher, just pumps the back hard!

Yeah man go ahead and do abs on offdays if theyre not sore, just dont do them with extra weigth.

I love biking, wish i could do it here, but i dont want to die!

Hey a Q for you Dboy, if you do medium to highintensity cardio, can you still gain strength/size? Many people cant, I myself am paranoid because im scared of fucking my training!

Sorry to be postwhoring your journal mate, BUT i just looked at your squat warm ups(now you know your body best and what you need to do to get it ready) but what i do to get best results is even tho working for a 5rep max, i will do more warm ups closer to the weigth at 1-3reps, that way i dont get tired but it primes my cns better for the last max effort. Just a thougth tho bro.

Hey Dlove, can you post your routine? I think I might switch up my routine to something like Mikea posted in the lifting section, and I believe you are doing something similar.
Thanks bud,

peace

Hey Dlove, can you post your routine? I think I might switch up my routine to something like Mikea posted in the lifting section, and I believe you are doing something similar.
Thanks bud,

peace

Weeks:

1-2 work up to a 5rep max on main lifts.
3-4 work up to a 3rep max on main lifts.
5 deload.

(Leave one clean rep in the tank!)

start again but i like to go for my 1rep max at this point and deload after that.

Split would be like this:

1.squat/dead
2.rest
3.bench
4.rest
5.squat/dead
6&7. rest.

Next week would be two bench days and one squat. (this way you get more growth phases also)

squat/dead day would look like:

1. Main heavy move: squat, front squat, good morning, zercher squat etc...you get the idea. I would recomend going with squats first. Work up to a 5/3 rep max. Atleast 5-6 warm up sets, and obviously the more you can lift the more warm up sets you should have.

2. Posterior chain movement. 3-4x10 (or hammy/quad if you feel they are a weak link)

3. row or other back exercise. 3-4x10

abs 3x20

Benchday would be:

1. Main heavy lift: A pressing compound lift, i like db press, decline bench, 2´´board press, military press.Work up to a 5/3 rep max. Atleast 5-6 warm up sets, and obviously the more you can lift the more warm up sets you should have.

2. Tricep/shoulder exercise 3-4x10. Jm press, db press, dips. A good solid compound move, but a good 2-3reps in the tank.

3. Pullups/pulldowns.

abs 3x20.

This is it Fugazee. Off days i do cardio and after my lifts I will be doing DC extreme stretches. Just google or youtube any exercises you maybe haven't heard of or done. If you have a powerlifter in your gym they usually dont mind helping.
Just to throw this out there too. Powerlifting doesn't mean your gonna be a big boy with a pot belly. The top IFBB Pros always powerlift, yates, coleman, brewer etc... so dont be paranoid bout that if you are. shit anytime i go heavy and focus on compounds and lots of warm-ups with them it helps me get leaner, go fiqure.

Last edited:
Sorry to be postwhoring your journal mate, BUT i just looked at your squat warm ups(now you know your body best and what you need to do to get it ready) but what i do to get best results is even tho working for a 5rep max, i will do more warm ups closer to the weigth at 1-3reps, that way i dont get tired but it primes my cns better for the last max effort. Just a thougth tho bro.

Post whore the shit out of the this bitch mike, lol. I was thinkin that yesterday that i was doin to many reps on warm-ups, im gonna do like 5-6 tommorow on press day, i hate the 8-10range anyway. it's gonna take me a little to get into the 3-5 range i want to make sure my technique is dead on.
As far as the cardio man it helps me like no other. Dont seem to have a probably gaining if anything the opposite it keeps me anabolic and hungry as a bear. so the extra cal's it helps me eat compensates for chance of hindering gains.

Mike I misread something. So you say you like warming up in the 1-3 rep range? I was gonna keep it around 5-6 rep range tommorow but thinking about it actually makes more sense your way less stress like you said on the CNS. My lower back is a little thrashed today think im gonna do some yoga stretches before cardio tonight. The cat stretch usually seems to losen things up. Hows this look
1 warmup at 8-10, 3 at 5, 2 at 3 then blast the 2 set me at 5 1 in the tank

Last edited:
Looks good as far as the rep ranges go but dont go by rules just try and get a feel for what you need to warm up.

Ok this is what i would do(note that its in kg as i cant really think of pounds that well):

Close grip benchpress: general warm up, 60kgx10, 90kgx8, 120kgx6, 140kgx5,(this is where i like to cut back on the reps to not fatigue the muscles too much, but get the joints and cns ready for the heavy one) 160x3, 180kgx3, 190x2, 200kgx5rep max.

Something like that, but that works best for me tho, i would try different things to find out what is best for you.

I see what your saying man and its a good point i need to start listening to my body more and not focus on the script so to speak. Didn't hit cardio tonight went to the all you can eat chinese buffet instead, lol. Im just to sore to have done anything today. Stoked to tear it up tommorow. Just reloaded on my Sups. Im gonna start mega-dosing amino acid powder startin tommorow. If you haven't tried it mike it helps recovery bigtime. I drink 10grams powder 20 minutes before lifts, sip on another 10grams during workout then 10grams in PWO shake it works.

Dlove, what supps are you taking? Gear?

No gear right now man. I just finished a little prop/npp cycle and finished post cycle therapy (pct) a day ago. Gonna clean out for 6-8 weeks then jump on norma hellas enanthate at a gram a week. It will be kick started with prop and maybe d-bol. Gonna throw tren e up in the mix for 10 weeks at 400mg's too. Should be a nice one especially having better training techniques. Sup's I always take,

1 multi-v
1 glass of superfoods powder with breakfast
fish oil 3xday
flax oil 2xday
glucosamine chondotrin 2 a day
BCAA powder 30grams spilt up on trainin day
Oryx goat whey powder with gatorade PWO
Evopro Casein Protein Powder 1 a day

Thats pretty much it man im real big on vitamins and minerals and herbs opposed to bullshit designer suppliments, prohormones creatine etc... Glutamine is great. My BCAA powder is loaded with it. The superfoods is amazing has everything literally. If I had only one sup it would be that. I drink green tea or oolong tea or yerba mate ED too. Keeps me focused clean energy and maybe little fat burn

Diet

Dlove - nice log, dude lots of info & food for thot. You relocated to a high elevation, no? how does that affect your workouts - esp cardio? are you used to it already?

Dlove training log:

day 2

1xall you can eat chinese buffet

ROFL:D

Yeah man, this is not something you want to start dieting out with, its too taxing, so ease into it brother!

I agree with the grumpy old man, great info, and Dlove is never lazy in hes posting, RESPECT!

You take your PWO with Gatorade because of the carbs/sugars?

yeah man the powder gatorade in the can gets me some dextrose, helps provide an insulin spike. strait maltodextrins better and waxy maize is great. think mranak on here suggested 20-30min after pwo shake bowl of oats and little fruit gives a nice boost too it helps especially when your not on npp or deca and lifts start gettin real taxing, lol

Last edited:
Back