felt good today

blackbeard

well since i was home hit the gym early..my lower back is feeling so much better..after a couple of weeks of not really doing anything heavy felt good to push some weight..still nothing great..
front squats
295x5x2
315x5x1
365 fail i had this!!! it was so hot in the gym by the time i got to this i was soaked and couldnt help it but the bar just fell right out of te groove..i took it as a sign that maybe shouldn't go overbaord to fast..all sets ATF..

then did some light box squats 3x4 with a 12 inch box? (not quite sure but it was below para)
short term goal is 405 front squat

lol..i find it helps me with my forward lean..think thats how i tweaked the back in the first place trying to do reps and just got too far forward..:D

blackbeard said:
lol..i find it helps me with my forward lean..think thats how i tweaked the back in the first place trying to do reps and just got too far forward..:D
what kind of shoes are you wearing ?

blackbeard said:
chuck taylors
watch some of the squat videos of pb and then ask yourself do you put the bar to high on the neck compared to pb . a lot of times haveing the bar to high puts unnecessary stress on the lower back . the lower the weight on the back the less leverage the weight has on the lower back .another common problem i see is haveing your hands to close in which throws your elbows back and your head forward . if you decide that these arent the problem you can try a couple of other things 1 go wider with your feet or maybe try squatting in a shoe with some heel instead of flat like the taylors .

thnks dawg..im thinking the bar may be too high. i spread my hands out rather than have my elbows in tights..gonna make some adjustments next week :D

blackbeard said:
thnks dawg..im thinking the bar may be too high. i spread my hands out rather than have my elbows in tights..gonna make some adjustments next week :D
ita amazing how much diff lowering the bar 1-1.5 inches can make . if that doesnt work we will try widening the stance , gotta get you away from them damn front squats :D

DADAWG said:
ita amazing how much diff lowering the bar 1-1.5 inches can make . if that doesnt work we will try widening the stance , gotta get you away from them damn front squats :D

Are you just joking or is there a reason you don't like front squats?

koops2121 said:
Are you just joking or is there a reason you don't like front squats?
for a bodybuilder they may have a purpose but its not to replace regular squats .

Back