First DNP cycle

red52

Hi guys, I'm running my first 2,4 dnp cycle starting tomorrow and this is going to be my log:

running

200mg x 6 days
400mg x4 days
10 days off
repeat 1-2 times

currently planning on taking these supplements and foods while on DNP

vitamin C (1000-1500mg daily)
vitamin E
milk thistle
glycerol
krill oil (w/ ala + DHA)
b vitamins
also, small amount of zinc and iron as well
quarcetin
taurine
BCAA's
green tea extract
ECA stack
electrolyte pills (when needed)
and the obvious daily essentials (fish oil, multi, glucosamine)

foods:
blue berries
V8 (low sodium)
lots of sweet peppers and veggies
tea - lots of it
tumeric powder (cooked with ground turkey)

MY diet:
i carb depleted for 2 days before cycle (i know its not really needed though, but why not?)

the rest of the time ill be fairly low carb ~150-250g a day, with moderate fat and very high protein. minimum of 2 gallons of water a day. most of my food comming from almonds, oats, rice, chicken, turkey, tuna, cheese, salsa, peppers + other essential foods. also, adding milk to diet for the extra iron.

pretty excited guys, any suggestions will be greatly appreciated! hopefully I'm doing my low dose cycle correctly! :biggthump

Last edited:
U will not survive on low carb brother! lol.....them carb cravings will get you. Plus you will need the carbs for energy as DNP will give you severe lethargy.

I wouldn't eat like shit, but i would definately eat a moderate amount of "good" carbs a day....like brown rice, sweet pot.

Just don't eat any carbs for dinner or after. Be prepared to chang your bed sheets every day and sleep on a towel....or two! lol

Definately do not drink ANY alcohol and eat lots of fruit.

Good luck!

Cheers.

U will not survive on low carb brother! lol.....them carb cravings will get you. Plus you will need the carbs for energy as DNP will give you severe lethargy.

I wouldn't eat like shit, but i would definately eat a moderate amount of "good" carbs a day....like brown rice, sweet pot.

Just don't eat any carbs for dinner or after. Be prepared to chang your bed sheets every day and sleep on a towel....or two! lol

Definately do not drink ANY alcohol and eat lots of fruit.

Good luck!

Cheers.

im 6'0 210 lbs

and yea, i was gunna add carbs depending on cravings... just add or substract them if i can "take it" no harm in that right?

i heard about the bed sheets thing lol, im ready for it, i got a fan and the a/c is ready to go!

The whole mechanism of DNP relies on fast digesting carbs. If you do not take in enough carbs you won't burn any fat. If you don't know that, I doubt you are fully prepared to run this cycle.

The whole mechanism of DNP relies on fast digesting carbs. If you do not take in enough carbs you won't burn any fat. If you don't know that, I doubt you are fully prepared to run this cycle.

so.. how many carbs do u recommend i take in daily? its an easy adjustment to make, ive never heard that though. and ive researched it a lot.. i just heard carb cravings are high and carbs make u run hot, not that they are completely nessesary for the DNP to work.

Here is a list of all the ancillaries I ran with dnp. You HAVE to run t3 as DNP drastically reduces your output of t3.

T3- 12.5 mcg. (2/day)
Vit. C: 2000-3000 mg.
Vit. E: 1200 iu.
Selenium: 200 mcg.
Magnesium: 1200-1500mg (in 2-3 doses)
Calcium: 1000-2000 mg. ( do not mix with Magnesium)
Zinc: 50 mg.
Taurine: 3 g.
Potassium Gluconate: 1-2 tabs
Reservatol: 1 tab
ALA : 1-2 tabs
Pyruvate: 3-6 g.
Glycerol (Food-grade glycerine) 3 Tbls.
Liver support: 2 tabs
Krill Oil:300 mg.
Vit B12:1200 mcg.
Melatonin: 5mg/night

so.. how many carbs do u recommend i take in daily? its an easy adjustment to make, ive never heard that though. and ive researched it a lot.. i just heard carb cravings are high and carbs make u run hot, not that they are completely nessesary for the DNP to work.

Ive run it a handful of times before comps under the guidance of a few IFBB pros. Fruit worked best for me. You will have to go by how you feel. When I started to feel like I was cooling down I would eat a piece of fruit. Slower digesting carbs like oats will make u feel like crap and not aid in the fat loss.

Here is a list of all the ancillaries I ran with dnp. You HAVE to run t3 as DNP drastically reduces your output of t3.

T3- 12.5 mcg. (2/day)
Vit. C: 2000-3000 mg.
Vit. E: 1200 iu.
Selenium: 200 mcg.
Magnesium: 1200-1500mg (in 2-3 doses)
Calcium: 1000-2000 mg. ( do not mix with Magnesium)
Zinc: 50 mg.
Taurine: 3 g.
Potassium Gluconate: 1-2 tabs
Reservatol: 1 tab
ALA : 1-2 tabs
Pyruvate: 3-6 g.
Glycerol (Food-grade glycerine) 3 Tbls.
Liver support: 2 tabs
Krill Oil:300 mg.
Vit B12:1200 mcg.
Melatonin: 5mg/night

actually from what ive researched T3 production doesnt noticeably slow until almost 14 days (or more) into the cycle, and only lasts for days after the cycle is complete.

since im running it 10 days at a time, i shouldnt really see that side effect.. thtas just what ive read, but it was from multiple sources.. as well as the carb thing, i dont see how it effects the mechanism of dnp, since it burns thru glycogen and fat stores primarily, taking out much of the glycogen doesnt seem like it would affect the fat burning property of dnp.

Ive run it a handful of times before comps under the guidance of a few IFBB pros. Fruit worked best for me. You will have to go by how you feel. When I started to feel like I was cooling down I would eat a piece of fruit. Slower digesting carbs like oats will make u feel like crap and not aid in the fat loss.

sounds good to me. ill stock up on apples, bananas and white rice today... those are my favorite carbs anyways. lol.

actually from what ive researched T3 production doesnt noticeably slow until almost 14 days (or more) into the cycle, and only lasts for days after the cycle is complete.

since im running it 10 days at a time, i shouldnt really see that side effect.. thtas just what ive read, but it was from multiple sources.. as well as the carb thing, i dont see how it effects the mechanism of dnp, since it burns thru glycogen and fat stores primarily, taking out much of the glycogen doesnt seem like it would affect the fat burning property of dnp.

Hey, you know best boss. Good luck.

took first dose today, along with before pics last night.

dont feel anything. and have also decided to up carbs to a more 'normal' diet standard.

Hey, you know best boss. Good luck.

She does know best, she's run DNP 'with great results' and knows what's she's talking about, she even has a log about it you can check but she removed the pictures so you have no physical evidence there pppfffttt Well you can read it....

She does know best, she's run DNP 'with great results' and knows what's she's talking about, she even has a log about it you can check but she removed the pictures so you have no physical evidence there pppfffttt Well you can read it....

i cant tell if your being satirical or not?? lol..

anyways. day 2 of cycle and i took my pill at the same time 9am.

started feeling heat effects at the mall and especially when i went outside and walked to my car, i started sweating slightly. nothing bad though.. still very minimal side.

i worked out hard yesterday with very minimal impact on my workout/cardio..

cardio only today, gunna keep it short 20 mins on the eliptical

i cant tell if your being satirical or not?? lol..

anyways. day 2 of cycle and i took my pill at the same time 9am.

started feeling heat effects at the mall and especially when i went outside and walked to my car, i started sweating slightly. nothing bad though.. still very minimal side.

i worked out hard yesterday with very minimal impact on my workout/cardio..

cardio only today, gunna keep it short 20 mins on the eliptical

Lol sorry Red52 I was being hugely sarcastic! I take issue with someone giving diet and supplement advice and even slamming other people for whatever reason when they haven't quite got a clean house themselves. I mean I'm not the only one to notice the photoshopped avi's. I wouldn't take too much advice from someone who hasn't achieved goals (natural or supplemented) I'm sure she's a lovely person though ;)

Lol sorry Red52 I was being hugely sarcastic! I take issue with someone giving diet and supplement advice and even slamming other people for whatever reason when they haven't quite got a clean house themselves. I mean I'm not the only one to notice the photoshopped avi's. I wouldn't take too much advice from someone who hasn't achieved goals (natural or supplemented) I'm sure she's a lovely person though ;)

ahh, i see! well i cant say i dont agree. as i did much research on t3 supplementation on DNP and most of it is indeed a myth, it isnt needed and can in fact hinder results (so im just using copious amounts of Taurine for anti-cramping and facilitation of t4 -> t3. heres a well known DNP 'guru''s summery of T3-DNP use:

DNP doesn't shut down the thyroid. This is a common myth. AAS and DNP have a similar effect on thyroid, through a similar mechanism of action. While androgens reduce the concentration of thyroid binding globulin (TBG), DNP occupies thyroid binding proteins, which has the same result... less protein to bind to thyroid. This may initially result in higher serum levels and accelerated clearance, but after a short term alteration in thyroid function a new steady state is soon reached in which thyroid function is normal, despite potentially reduced serum levels of total T4 and total T3. As one paper on DNP explained, "this action could lower the total hormone concentration in serum but should have no persistent effect on thyroid function". This means that even though the level of thyroid hormones in the blood can potentially be lower than normal, thyroid function will still be normal. What I've seen happen most of the time, however, is that thyroid levels hardly change.

There's a case study that's often posted as evidence for thyroid dysfunction from DNP, but I'm of the opinion that the bodybuilders in question had low thyroid levels not because of the DNP, but because they were taking T3 during their cycle. Exogenous T3 definitely will suppress endogenous production. I had a Norwegian translate the paper and it was unclear why they had low thyroid levels. They didn't test for reverse thyroid when they could have, which would have made the cause clearer.

I also have a friend who's a doctor of internal medicine who ran 600mg/day of crystal DNP for 3-4 months (went from 320 lbs down to the mid 200's). He gave himself frequent blood tests and said his thyroid didn't budge. I've heard feedback from several others who did blood work showing the same thing.

I'm just not convinced that DNP results in any thyroid dysfunction. You definitely do NOT need to take thyroid along with DNP. Considering how notoriously catabolic thyroid is, I'd recommend leaving it out of your dieting plan.

anyways,

Day3:

woke up tired as hell and cramping a bit, took some electrolyte pills and then took my dnp dose by 9am

felt pretty warm, almost like a hot flash type feeling, sweating in public is pretty funny... walk thru grocery store --> sweat

at the gym my workout suffered, but not too much i guess.. hit shoulders and i can already visually see the weight loss. did 20 mins on the eliptical afterwards and was out of the gym in slightly over an hour.

otherwise no other sides are too apparent. lethargy isnt bad and sweating isnt too bad either since im already a pretty sweaty person as it is.

Last edited:
Sorry to have hijacked your thread like that, I could've just said her advice is just recycled or out of a magazine, and her claims (modelling, competing etc..) are also a bit "pie in the sky"!

I have no clue on DNP and wouldn't use the stuff, but always find it interesting to see other people try it and log their results.
Good luck and I'll keep following. :)

ahh, i see! well i cant say i dont agree. as i did much research on t3 supplementation on DNP and most of it is indeed a myth, it isnt needed and can in fact hinder results (so im just using copious amounts of Taurine for anti-cramping and facilitation of t4 -> t3. heres a well known DNP 'guru''s summery of T3-DNP use:

anyways,

Day3:

woke up tired as hell and cramping a bit, took some electrolyte pills and then took my dnp dose by 9am

felt pretty warm, almost like a hot flash type feeling, sweating in public is pretty funny... walk thru grocery store --> sweat

at the gym my workout suffered, but not too much i guess.. hit shoulders and i can already visually see the weight loss. did 20 mins on the eliptical afterwards and was out of the gym in slightly over an hour.

otherwise no other sides are too apparent. lethargy isnt bad and sweating isnt too bad either since im already a pretty sweaty person as it is.

Sorry to have hijacked your thread like that, I could've just said her advice is just recycled or out of a magazine, and her claims (modelling, competing etc..) are also a bit "pie in the sky"!

I have no clue on DNP and wouldn't use the stuff, but always find it interesting to see other people try it and log their results.
Good luck and I'll keep following. :)

thanks, im doing 10 on 10 off. i am going to take pictures every 2 days to show the process. it will be well documented at the end to say the least.

thanks, im doing 10 on 10 off. i am going to take pictures every 2 days to show the process. it will be well documented at the end to say the least.

I will be following for sure, it's great when someone runs a log & posts pics to backup their progress..
It's always easy to say "I've done it!! " or I have had excellent results with DNP or any other compound, but the proof is
"in the pics"..
So, I would definitely be following, I don't think I would ever try DNP, but interested to see how it goes for u :)

Back