Fuckin TLC!

mabusincarnate

emaciated
My wife just found a video of Valentino on a steroid hit piece aired on The Learning Channel.

Fucking great....

You wouldn't believe the shit they were saying.

She just asked me "why do you do that to your body"?

She won't listen to reason. She won't read any studies about large doses of testosterone enanthate. She now thinks taking a fist full of dbol is the same as 500mg of test.

This put me in a really shitty mood.

mabusincarnate said:
My wife just found a video of Valentino on a steroid hit piece aired on The Learning Channel.

Fucking great....

She won't listen to reason. She won't read any studies about large doses of testosterone enanthate. She now thinks taking a fist full of dbol is the same as 500mg of test.

Valentino's a trip!!! What's the name of the show??

mabusincarnate said:

Fucking great....

There's so much BS from the media that it's hard to convince someone of the real story. You got to explain the deferences.

mabusincarnate said:

Fucking great....

Are you sure it isn't your gear that is putting you in your shitty mood........ :p

I'm a member of the Muscular Development (Palumbo fan right here!) and let me tell you......Valentino is quite a character!

HE ALWAYS TYPES IN FUCKIN CAPS JUS LIKE THIS WITH LOSTS FUCKIN SPELING ERRORS AND LOTSSA FUCKING SWEAR WRDOS LIKKE THS.

He's really rough around the edges.....amusing though.

Think he's "Been through it all". Always complaining about child support payments or something else. The guy loves to bitch. He loves attention...positive or negative.

He sure is no poster boy for this sport......but he likes to think he is.

mabusincarnate said:

Fucking great....

"A woman should alway marry a man in whom she places the highest degree of trust and respect in HIS intelligence and judgement. If she doesn't, she is a bigger fool then he is".

You should go on a roid rage and smack her and then kill yourself..that would show her.

PS...I am jk, don't smack her or kill yourself, ok buddy.

i try to explain the differences to her but she tunes me out. she wants to hear the negative media because it has already former her opinion. she doesn't want to hear anything that could change it. change is uncomfortable. when i try to explain something she says "i'm not going to argue with you anymore. it's your body." i would be thankful if she actually meant it.

she doesn't understand the doses those guys took or the chemicals they used. she doesn't understand that 500mg of test is like drinking a single beer vs. drinking an entire keg, compared to their doses and chems. if recreational steroid use was such a problem, 25% of the people at any big name gym would have problems and we would be able to correlate the data.

the main thing that bothered me about valentino is how stupid he acts when a camera is around. that makes us look bad. people don't understand we aren't all mouth-breathing trailer trash with a needle. i know plenty of dorky ass juicers who just got tired of getting pushed around and overlooked by females.

I love watching that show. Especially the "bodybuilder" who talks about steroids planting a seed in his body, which caused him to have a heart attack or something when he was 50...lol.

There's another clip on the net somewhere showing an opposing few, i believe the interview a guy from MD (the editor?).

The bottomline is this....

The endocronologists know ten times more than anyone on this board. They know the risks, and what it does to the body. Whatever they say, i agree with

outlawtas2 said:
I love watching that show. Especially the "bodybuilder" who talks about steroids planting a seed in his body, which caused him to have a heart attack or something when he was 50...lol.

There's another clip on the net somewhere showing an opposing few, i believe the interview a guy from MD (the editor?).

Why couldnt it have been from steroid use? His kidneys shut down.... These drugs that we take are very powerful ones

mabusincarnate said:
i try to explain the differences to her but she tunes me out. she wants to hear the negative media because it has already former her opinion. she doesn't want to hear anything that could change it. change is uncomfortable. when i try to explain something she says "i'm not going to argue with you anymore. it's your body." i would be thankful if she actually meant it.

she doesn't understand the doses those guys took or the chemicals they used. she doesn't understand that 500mg of test is like drinking a single beer vs. drinking an entire keg, compared to their doses and chems. if recreational steroid use was such a problem, 25% of the people at any big name gym would have problems and we would be able to correlate the data.

the main thing that bothered me about valentino is how stupid he acts when a camera is around. that makes us look bad. people don't understand we aren't all mouth-breathing trailer trash with a needle. i know plenty of dorky ass juicers who just got tired of getting pushed around and overlooked by females.

it is not just like drinking a single beer. it causes many different reactions in your body...and there actually is a lot of data supporting that long term use of steroids does correlate pathology -- especially, but definitely not limited to, bp and cholesterol levels while on. Androgens have been correlated with causing its own unique psychosis in good amount of users. In others it can permanently cause low test levels -- even with clomid, Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) etc. Even those ancillary drugs cause side effects... some can be permanent - like cataracts

there are many risks...don't fool yourself into thinking that those people at the gym don't have any pathological findings....i mean do you think that every muscular guy who comes into the hospital or an office with some issue is automatically going to be put into a study? some of these things take 20+ years to occur.

i mean the benefit is...your life improves..self confident goes up... people look at you a little different...it's more than just gaining muscles...there's a whole psychosocial benefit to it. -- these are very important changes. the issue here is DEFINITELY (and unfortunately) a risk vs. benefit ratio.

Sliquids said:
it is not just like drinking a single beer. it causes many different reactions in your body...and there actually is a lot of data supporting that long term use of steroids does correlate pathology -- especially, but definitely not limited to, bp and cholesterol levels while on. Androgens have been correlated with causing its own unique psychosis in good amount of users. In others it can permanently cause low test levels -- even with clomid, Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) etc. Even those ancillary drugs cause side effects... some can be permanent - like cataracts

there are many risks...don't fool yourself into thinking that those people at the gym don't have any pathological findings....i mean do you think that every muscular guy who comes into the hospital or an office with some issue is automatically going to be put into a study? some of these things take 20+ years to occur.

i mean the benefit is...your life improves..self confident goes up... people look at you a little different...it's more than just gaining muscles...there's a whole psychosocial benefit to it. -- these are very important changes. the issue here is DEFINITELY (and unfortunately) a risk vs. benefit ratio.

i didn't explain myself well. the analogy between the beer and the keg was just to represent the difference between the doses i take and the doses they take. obove that even, the chemicals themselves.

i dont take orals. i dont take tren. i dont do huge cycles. i dont do long cycles. i take test only and never more than half a gram per week.

my point was that in the recreational athlete, moderation is the key. i think those people had problems because of what and how much they took.

i know there is risk but if we monitor bp, eat right, and live healthy, it's not nearly as bad as those people claim.

about the low test later in life..... yes. most older people i know who used while they were young are now on HRT.

Tsaunders said:
The bottomline is this....

The endocronologists know ten times more than anyone on this board. They know the risks, and what it does to the body. Whatever they say, i agree with

the endos don't do studies on the doses we take.

of the studies i was able to find, there were few, if any negative short-term sides. a criticism of one of the studies is that they failed to follow up on the subjects later.

another thing i was upset about is how they have a blanket term for everything (even synthol in this movie) and call it "steroids." the don't break it down and say "this drug will fuck you up but this one seem to be fairly safe in moderation."

mabusincarnate said:
about the low test later in life..... yes. most older people i know who used while they were young are now on HRT.

The problem is there are more ignorant people in the world than there are educated people, and that goes for any specific thing. In other words, how much do you know about diamonds? Mechanical failures in cars? The political climate in Pakistan? Etc., etc. So what you do is listen to the experts in those areas that you don't know much about. Lucky us, the experts we get to listen to have a barry bonds book to sell, or someone with some other vested interest.

Ok, so these tv shows, reporters, etc., need to sell something, their show, airtime, their article, their book, whatever. What is going to sell more to more people, the man whose arms exploded, or sensible usage of hormonal chemicals combined with resistance training and their benefits and possible side effects?

If you want to devote some time to the subject, with a little bit of determination, the average person could probably somewhat educate themselves on the subject over a period of 6 months or so. However, this 'education' is still a little like religion. There are some things you take on faith because there really aren't any studies that look into doing what we do, and the few out there that do, aren't long term. So guys like you and me tend to see what we want to see. Women like her tend to see what she wants to see.

Obviously education will tend to temper her views, however if she really does think they are dangerous, she will continue to think there are risks. And like it or not, there are risks. But there are risks associated with driving a car, and yet you probably do this on a regular basis.

If she is this upset over your usage, at least one positive is that she shows she cares about you and your safety.

TxLonghorn said:
The problem is there are more ignorant people in the world than there are educated people, and that goes for any specific thing. In other words, how much do you know about diamonds? Mechanical failures in cars? The political climate in Pakistan? Etc., etc. So what you do is listen to the experts in those areas that you don't know much about. Lucky us, the experts we get to listen to have a barry bonds book to sell, or someone with some other vested interest.

Ok, so these tv shows, reporters, etc., need to sell something, their show, airtime, their article, their book, whatever. What is going to sell more to more people, the man whose arms exploded, or sensible usage of hormonal chemicals combined with resistance training and their benefits and possible side effects?

If you want to devote some time to the subject, with a little bit of determination, the average person could probably somewhat educate themselves on the subject over a period of 6 months or so. However, this 'education' is still a little like religion. There are some things you take on faith because there really aren't any studies that look into doing what we do, and the few out there that do, aren't long term. So guys like you and me tend to see what we want to see. Women like her tend to see what she wants to see.

Obviously education will tend to temper her views, however if she really does think they are dangerous, she will continue to think there are risks. And like it or not, there are risks. But there are risks associated with driving a car, and yet you probably do this on a regular basis.

If she is this upset over your usage, at least one positive is that she shows she cares about you and your safety.

well said.

i very rarely watch TV anymore for exactly that reason. no content.

i'm lucky in that i work in a field with a lot of downtime at a computer. at certain times of the day/week/month i can spend as much as 6 hours per day reading. i'm also a huge (skinny) dork (the guy who got picked on all his life) so i enjoy learning things i don't know.

my wife's friend feeds her full of bullshit too. that's a lot of the problem. she has a bio degree from T.U. (yea, that's right. TU) so she thinks she's the definitive expert on everything she didn't cover in college.

Back