Giant Sets

Fyre

Anyone do any Giant Sets/Tri-Sets in their training? This is when you do three exercises for the same bodypart in a row without rest.
I was a little short on gym time this week so I thought I'd cut some time off, and do some Giant Sets and man, did I get a deep muscle belly burn! For example, for Tri's I did a set of Headcrushers, followed by a set of close-grip press, followed by a set of Overhead Dumbbell Extensions. Took a little break and then did it all over again. What a good pump! The only thing was, that I had to drop the weight that I was using because my triceps were burning so bad.
Anyone else ever do this type of training?

Oh yes, I think another name for this is "compound sets".

That "TitanTraining" I started a post on incorporates a lot of that type of sets. Try squats, ham curls and calf raises back to back. 3 complete sets worth....ouchhhh !!

StoneColdNTO said:
Oh yes, I think another name for this is "compound sets".

That "TitanTraining" I started a post on incorporates a lot of that type of sets. Try squats, ham curls and calf raises back to back. 3 complete sets worth....ouchhhh !!

I did Squats, Leg Press and Stiff Legs, and yes, ouch is right!

I like to finish my workouts off with somthing similar to that, great way to make sure the muscle is cooked...

Back