HCG - Does it shorten the standard bro science of time off/?

Gymjunke

I have only heard whispers about this theory, and am yet to see anything concrete!

Does correctly using HCG prior to PCT shorten the amount of time off required from cycle?

I understand their will be many factors in determining this question, age/exp/cycle length and compounds used, so lets assume this on a basis of using a moderate test/tren cycle for 12 weeks.

Apparently the theory is,
if you were to be A)correctly using 500iu p/w of HCG right the way through this 12 week cycle stopping shy of PCT, or B) blasting 1000 IU EOD at the back end of the cycle for say 5-10,000 IU then in some cases and when done right your boys shouldn't be shut down.

Hence,
I have heard of some bro's swearing by this strategy saying it leaves the user with fewer things to worry about come pct, like lowering cortisol and controlling Estrogen through an Ai.

I haven't used this theory, and I am not suggesting anyone try this.
But does anyone know if their is actual merit to this?

The standard time off cycle has always been considered Time on + PCT - but this theory is suggesting with correct use of HCG the time off bridge closes dramatically.

I always recommend that someone cycling use hCG the entire cycle at 500-1000iu per week until a few days before PCT starts. This will help minimize testicular atrophy which in turn should help speed up recovery of Natty T during PCT.

But I would still say Time On + PCT = Time Off. All of your HPTA (not just the testicles) and your organs need time to recover from a cycle. Why try to push the limits on this? If you really need to get back on cycle sooner maybe Blasting and Cruising should be considered. Then ithe general rule is reduced to Time On = Time Off.

I never felt that it would allow me to take less time off between cycles at all. I dont think that is a benefit that it offers. It allows a smoother , faster recovery of hpta function and better retained gains as a result but you still need what I would consider proper time off whether using hcg on cycle or not.
Also I dont recommend blasting it pre pct at all. Low dose the entire cycle up to 3 days pre pct is the way I run, and suggest people run hcg. 250iu's-2x/week works very well for me.

Last edited:
I never felt that it would allow me to take less time off between cycles at all. I dont think that is a benefit that it offers. It allows a smoother , faster recovery of hpta function and better retained gains as a result but you still need what I would consider proper time off whether using hcg on cycle or not.
Also I dont recommend blasting it pre pct at all. Low dose the entire cycle up to 3 days pre pct is the way I run, and suggest people run hcg. 1250iu's-2x/week works very well for me.

How many IU twice a week?

Good points shared through this thread, and I have to agree that recovery time is important.

I have seen suggestions in the past from many users leaning towards a B&C as an alternative to this controversial theory, if they are so eager to get back on, however for many younger intimidate users maybe in their 20's - early 30's who do not compete or earn their living being on stage this option is considered 'too risky' for many reasons such as extreme suppression of HPTA, the inability to have children, and blood pressure related issues (you can argue they shouldn't be using but the fact is they do, I read an article sighting Steroids is considered the most used drug in males <25 in Australia)

I have also heard fellow users argue that the 'most important' and 'hardest' part of recovery in regards to 'HPTA' is testicular function returning to normal values. so if HCG was used to maintain normal testicular function and protecting this part of the HPTA system throughout cycle then coming into PCT the HPTA should not need 'as long' to recover. can anybody shed some light on whether or not this is accurate?

Lets not forget that the key to this theory is based on a reasonable cycle with reasonable doses conducted within a reasonable time frame
I understand their are other factors in recovery not just limited to the HPTA function, the body's organs do need to rest, but their are supps to care for these organs and some would argue, taking these supps would increase their recovery time as well.

I can see both sides to this theory, on one side you have users arguing that by following this theory correctly coming into PCT it leaves the user with fewer things to worry about - I.E controlling/managing estrogen, organ recovery, lowing cortisol/ Blood pressure ect,
on the other side you have users arguing that HCG isn't a miracle product and no amount of clean supps can be considered an alternative to 'time off'

Any thoughts ?

HCG provides nothing definite, it's individual to individual in it's effectiveness. We still recommend people use it to keep the testicles in a more easily recoverable state, it's cheap, easy to get ahold of, and a breeze to implement into a cycle. It's simply a no brainer to add it. If it will help it will and it is invaluable, if it won't you may be out 40 bucks. Oh well.

I think I did read somewhere one time that when it's mixed with BAC Water.. it will degrade over 30 days. So keep that in mind. If you buy 2 10000 iu amps but run your cycle for 3 to 4 months.. your HCG will degrade and you'll potentially be pinning ineffective product for the remainder.

If strictly speaking about hpta, no doubt hcg will provide a quicker recovery and overall better post cycle therapy.

But isn't post cycle so much more? For me, it means normalizing cholesterol values, giving joints a break, getting blood work in range, and more.

Hcg won't speed up those processes.

The best comparison I can give you is to guys who are on TRT and run blasts. The rule of thumb is still Time On = Time Off. Obviously they don't have to worry about PCT since their HPTA is already shot.

Many guys doing this do shorten the time period for jumping back on to when their full set of blood work has returned to normal and their BP is normal. Their joints are recovered. They have established a new set point for their post-cycle weight. And so on.

So back to the question of hCG shortening the required time off... perhaps it does some. But how much? Three weeks? Three days? Three hours? How will you determine how much it shortens it by?

The closest thing I've seen to a reason why you could shorten the time off
would be a "blast phase" - which sounds like you could shorten the time
off - due to optimizing your recovery.

I've been blasting and cruising for the last four years, and did have a time where I had
myself tested to make sure my swimmers were strong and potent... :sperm:

I think I was 45 at the time... which was right after a very heavy cycle with test, tren,
dbol and anavar... and everything came back perfect which I believe was from
(not blasting, but) properly running hCG.

There are three reasons for the blast phase...

1) To test the testicles to see if they are still able to produce testosterone at their
maximum capacity.

If they "can not" produce testosterone at their maximum capacity - you have developed
secondary hypogonadism - if this is the case you would be best to get a blood test done
to see if the testicles are producing enough testosterone to get your testosterone levels
within physiological range ... If not, hold of on SERM treatment as more hcg is needed -
i.e. either a higher dose or for a longer duration.

2) By blasting during this time we are ensuring that our testosterone is within physiological
range which is needed to keep us from going catabolic (we don***8217;t want to lose our gains).

3) To stimulate the pituitary - which is needed to provide the material the testes need to
produce testosterone.

Last edited:
Back