HEART ATTACK from steroids?!

Victorian guy

Banned -- Cant respect a free board
Brothers,

I am wondering whether or not I should be feeling a tad guilty. Here is why:

My 85 year old grandmother, as described in an earlier post, has been taking large quantities of oral anabolics- I dissolve them in her tea, or toss them in her salad, or shove a few tabs into one of the cream buns she eats after dinner. She has gained, to date, 45 pounds and benches 225! Mind you, 200-300mg of drol, 100mg of anavar, and 100mg of dbol a day have helped!

The other day, at the gym, I was training quads with Grandmother and Nobby. We were doing front squats, yelling and groaning with intensity. Just then, I noticed a lad in a wheelchair attempting to train under the guidance of a pencil-necked geek 'personal trainer'.
I marched over, and commented "WRONG! ALL WRONG!" in his face.
"Sir..er..Rupert here (indicating the lad in the wheelchair) has cerebral palsy..really, I don't think your style of ...er..training would be right for him" he whined. "Rupert can decide for himself- can't you, Rupert?" I asked. Rupert's answer was a garbled "hynnfttttthhhhh..uuuuggghhh..."
"Sounds bloody well like a resounding YES to me!" I roared. I took a 45 pound dumbell and wrapped the fingers of his right hand around the grip. "Now, lad, curl!!" I screamed. Rupert's features contorted, his glasses- held on by a thick rubber band going round his head- slipped off to one side as he struggled with every ounce of his will to curl the 45 pound dumbell. As his face turned red, and he began sputtering "nnnggggg....fffffssssthhhhh..uuuuggg..", spewing a shower of spittle onto the floor, a crowd of lifters, including Grandmother and Nobby, crowded around him and began cheering him on. "Oi, curl the fookin thing, y'bastahd!" Nobby cheered, while others offered less inspiring support such as "C'mon Rupert...you CAN do it..".
Grandmother, however, was pure old-school. She took off her lifting belt, and gave Rupert a viscous smack across the shins, screaming "DO as the men say, BOY!!" in his face. With a final, all out effort, and making a noise not heard from a human since 19th century freak show attraction 'The Elephant Man' walked the earth, Rupert's arm snapped up with an explosive force and swung the dumbell up! Alas, he swung it with too much force and it came smacking into his face, sending him and his wheelchair flipping over backwards onto the gym floor, and as he hit the floor he began having an epilleptic seizure!
Grandmother was overjoyed at his success, and as she marched over to Rupert's convulsing form to congratulate him, she stopped, seized her right bosom and went "Uuuuuggghh...arrrrghh..nnnnuuu.." and collapsed, doing a face-plant onto the floor. I hadn't seen a face-plant like that since I last watched pro wrestling.
We called a couple of ambulances for Grandmother and Rupert, and as the medics took them away, I couldn't help but wonder if Grandmother's collapse had anything to do with the steroids she was on!

Help me out here, bros. Say it isn't so!

Last edited:
Not funny, people do have risk factors with long term use of AAS, but less of a genetic factor. The tragic circumstances of this all too common event isnt very funny.

Friend of mine has had 6 heart attacks and 5 strokes, the last stroke left him bed ridden for about 6 months. He still has problems walking, the left side of his body is laggy in terms of motor response.

Mudge said:
Friend of mine has had 6 heart attacks and 5 strokes, the last stroke left him bed ridden for about 6 months. He still has problems walking, the left side of his body is laggy in terms of motor response.

Because of steroids or something else?

absolute class VG.

I'm frigging crying in work aftr reading that. you must be Scouse at heart!

LOL its even funnies when someone on here who Doesnt know VG reads the story and is like WTF???? you can only imagine what they are thinking haha.

i was arguing with my girl this morning, and i have to say, i am a lot happier now...that is some funny shit...even funnier to read some of the replies...lol....

WTF?!

eastarr69 said:
i was arguing with my girl this morning, and i have to say, i am a lot happier now...that is some funny shit...even funnier to read some of the replies...lol....

What is wrong with you? 'Happy'? FOR GOD'S SAKE, man, think of poor Rupert, lying in a hospital bed quivering, and dear Grandmother- will she ever be the same? Will she be able to make it to tommorow's HIT calf, wrists, and neck workout? I think not.

As luciasbrown wrote, this is NOT a laughing matter!!

dragon06 said:
Because of steroids or something else?

The only thing he knows to blame it on is steroids. He is in his early 50s, and was a powerlifter once upon a time. Still very strong last time I got to work out with him, but he wont even do light lifting now because of his heart. His doc doesn't want him to really raise his heart rate doing anything, since he can hardly walk its keeping him away from much activity anyway.

That is ome funny ass shit! I have never noticed any of your other posts, but you got yourself a new fan. The rest of you guys need to lighten up!

Back