Heart Attack Risk?!! Help needed

Hi, basically I've been worrying a bit recently about the link between steroids and heart attacks. On Monday just gone, a friend of a friend of mine had a minor heart attack. He has claimed it is from the gear he is taking. Basically he's 20yrs old and was taking sustanol and deca twice a week, around 200mg and 400mg per shot I think! Anyway on Monday just gone he experienced a minor heart attack and went to hospital, according to them they concluded the steroids had something to do with it, now I'm not into drugs but he is and he did cocaine the night before his attack, he has also had a very stressful upbringing, he drinks maybe once a week. He use to be quite a heavy drug user and drinker.

Now I'm worried about my next cycle because he was so young to have had a heart attack.

Basically I'm a big guy, slightly overweight, I dont do drugs, i drink once a week and smoke a little. I have done 3 cycles prior to my next intended cycle in January and they included: Tren E & A, test 400, Anavar, Test proprionate and another one i cant remember the name of. I have however experienced the tren cough. Can this be linked to any type of heart attack or not!? I understand the tren cough is quite common to happen.

I would very much appreciate help on this matter

Thanks

Last edited:
Hi, basically I've been worrying a bit recently about the link between steroids and heart attacks. On Monday just gone, a friend of a friend of mine had a minor heart attack. He has claimed it is from the gear he is taking. Basically he's 20yrs old and was taking sustanol and deca twice a week, around 200mg and 400mg per shot I think! Anyway on Monday just gone he experienced a minor heart attack and went to hospital, according to them they concluded the steroids had something to do with it, now I'm not into drugs but he is and he did cocaine the night before his attack, he has also had a very stressful upbringing, he drinks maybe once a week. He use to be quite a heavy drug user and drinker.

Now I'm worried about my next cycle because he was so young to have had a heart attack.

Basically I'm a big guy, slightly overweight, I dont do drugs, i drink once a week and smoke a little. I have done 3 cycles prior to my next intended cycle in January and they included: Tren E & A, test 400, Anavar, Test proprionate and another one i cant remember the name of. I have however experienced the tren cough. Can this be linked to any type of heart attack or not!? I understand the tren cough is quite common to happen.

I would very much appreciate help on this matter

Thanks

your friends heart attack was probably from the cocaine and living a shitty lifestyle

no offense..but you don't sound educated enough to be even considering steroid use..and i'm even more shocked that you took the plunge and have used tren before? you guys are way too young and stupid to be using steroids.

Testosterone is linked to Atrial valves stenosis which could add to pre-existing heart conditions. Also, it can make blood more viscous, leading to higher blood pressure. If you have a a healthy heart as is...Steroids aren't going to significantly harm you. The tren cough is under debate about its effects on bronchial restriction, which wouldn't directly effect the heart.

Last edited:
I agree with Panda about this. I will assume that this 20 year old was not exactly a radiant picture of health to begin with, given the lifestyle of heavy cocaine and alcohol use. I'm surprised the people at that hospital he went to were so quick to conclude that the heart attack had anything to do with his use of steroids. That possibility would be a bit more plausible to me if he had some type of pre-existing coronary artery disease. It is far more likely that the heart attack was triggered by his cocaine binges (and whatever else he's taking). If he continues to use coke and drink heavily he'll probably get another heart attack, and if its bad enough the next time then maybe he will die. Very unfortunate lifestyle for a person that young.

And by the way, 20 is not too young to have an MI. It doesn't happen often but even a kid can have a heart attack under certain circumstances. Some people have higher risk factors than others, and a routine of cocaine and alcohol is high up there on the top 10 list of shit not to do if you want to avoid having one.

So now you're scared and you're wondering about your own risk of having a heart attack. You can google the topic and read all about it, but I will tell you right now that you're probably more likely to get a heart attack from those cigarettes you're smoking than from using gear.

Agree with the 2 guys above.

You would have to have a pre existing heart condition to have a heart attack on steroids or really bad health.

Steroids cause a number of side effect heart attack is not one of them,

yea man

deff the cocain and shitty lifestyle

although i knew a guy in awsome shape, while on a test n tren cycle. was taking clen,hydroxycut and a few other compiunds i forgot. anyways at 26 had a heart attack right in the gym. pretty sure it was all the fatburning shit he was taking. dont know to much about clen or dosages but he said he was taking 3x what they reccommend

Basically he's 20yrs old and was taking sustanol and deca twice a week, around 200mg and 400mg per shot

*sigh* Stupidity hurts. Always.

He used to be a heavy drug user and still uses cocaine. Since using cocaine isn't considered "heavy" by his standards (understanding that he probably also doesn't have a realistic grasp on his personal level of addiction) he probably also used heroin or other opiates in the past. Opiate use has a strong correlation to heart attacks. So do amphetamines. Steroids don't.

Give details on this "heart attack". That is way too general. Heart attacks are like steroids...there are many different types.

The issues with heart attacks is due to high BP from estrogen not kept in check. AI's used properly and a health TRt protocol and the risks of heart attack are greatly diminished due to lower body fat and healthy lifestyle.

your friends lifestyle is prob what caused his heart condition. Whos want to mix cocaine into their routine. Someone who's pretty stupid is who..lol

The issues with heart attacks is due to high BP from estrogen not kept in check. AI's used properly and a health TRt protocol and the risks of heart attack are greatly diminished due to lower body fat and healthy lifestyle.

very agree i wish the media and press could read this post it would cut down on the media hype.....

oh come on guys. Did yas not know there is nothing like snorting a big line just before an intense workout. geesh.

All joking aside my friend I truly hope your friend gets better and his life on track after this unfortunate event.

Heart Attack from Cocaine + Steroid Combo

Hey There,

I'm extremely embarassed to even admit to this, but extremely thankful the Lord saved my life, because the same thing happened to me two weeks ago. I know this thread is old but it caught my attention.

Im 24 years old, and was 10 weeks into a Sustanon cycle, and added /Masteron/Winny at week 8, everything was going great, i was making incredibly fast gains, dropped down to about 9% bodyfat while maintaining my size at 200lbs.

However, i got sick with the flu on a Saturday, a buddy of mine came over with 1g of cocaine on Sunday, which we split and i regret more than anything. I felt fine afterwards, slept fine, then on Monday night at 4pm i decided to take my shots because i was feeling better, then about 1 hour after my Sustanon shot i got really bad chest pains, and decided to call my wife to take me to the hospital because it was hard to breathe and felt like my chest and neck was going to explode.

Anyways, after the hospital visit they checked my heart via an artery in my groin, my heart was fine there was no clots or blockages, I told the doctor everything i took and was taking, and the first thing he said was that "the steroids had already enlarged my heart (makes sense because the heart is a muscle), and the cocaine pushed it over the edge. So i did have a legitimate heart attack, i didnt collapse or anything but the mixture of cocaine and anabolics was what did it.

So, now I'm completely drug free, i feel great and I'm really healthy now, despite my desire to run another cycle. Being in the hospital for 3 days and not really eating i went from 200lbs to 185! I looked great afterwards despite the tramitc event.

You'd b surprised how much water your body retains from even Sustanon.

Anyways, my word of advice is 1. NEVER DO COCAINE, 2. NEVER DO COCAINE AND STEROIDS TOGETHER 3. IF RUNNING A CYCLE BE VERY CAREFUL AND DONT RUN TOO MANY COMPOUNDS AS I DID (TEST ALONE IS MORE THAN ENOUGH FOR GREAT GAINS)

Lastly, I cant thank the Lord enough for sparring my life yet again.

Hey There,

I'm extremely embarassed to even admit to this, but extremely thankful the Lord saved my life, because the same thing happened to me two weeks ago. I know this thread is old but it caught my attention.

Im 24 years old, and was 10 weeks into a Sustanon cycle, and added /Masteron/Winny at week 8, everything was going great, i was making incredibly fast gains, dropped down to about 9% bodyfat while maintaining my size at 200lbs.

However, i got sick with the flu on a Saturday, a buddy of mine came over with 1g of cocaine on Sunday, which we split and i regret more than anything. I felt fine afterwards, slept fine, then on Monday night at 4pm i decided to take my shots because i was feeling better, then about 1 hour after my Sustanon shot i got really bad chest pains, and decided to call my wife to take me to the hospital because it was hard to breathe and felt like my chest and neck was going to explode.

Anyways, after the hospital visit they checked my heart via an artery in my groin, my heart was fine there was no clots or blockages, I told the doctor everything i took and was taking, and the first thing he said was that "the steroids had already enlarged my heart (makes sense because the heart is a muscle), and the cocaine pushed it over the edge. So i did have a legitimate heart attack, i didnt collapse or anything but the mixture of cocaine and anabolics was what did it.

So, now I'm completely drug free, i feel great and I'm really healthy now, despite my desire to run another cycle. Being in the hospital for 3 days and not really eating i went from 200lbs to 185! I looked great afterwards despite the tramitc event.

You'd b surprised how much water your body retains from even Sustanon.

Anyways, my word of advice is 1. NEVER DO COCAINE, 2. NEVER DO COCAINE AND STEROIDS TOGETHER 3. IF RUNNING A CYCLE BE VERY CAREFUL AND DONT RUN TOO MANY COMPOUNDS AS I DID (TEST ALONE IS MORE THAN ENOUGH FOR GREAT GAINS)

Lastly, I cant thank the Lord enough for sparring my life yet again.

It's unfortunate when tragic events like these occur and from reading your post, you've hopefully learned from your mistake. It's a great post though, I am sure someone who is and/or thinking of doing a cycle that has a cocaine addiction can come across this post and take what you posted seriously and stays clear of doing coke period or at least while on cycle.

every day you hear of some kid at age 17 keeling over playing basketball or some shit like that. Are you going to stop playing ball because you are worried about passing out? If you are not ready for the risks, you are not ready to play the game. Understand what I am saying?

sorry about your friend ...sounds like his habits of lifestyle mixed w gear was too much. If you choose gear at least quit coke,,,,Geez!

Back