HIGH REPS? good or bad?

anavar

i usually stick between 8-10 reps . ive seen some ppl do alot more around 15 reps.. whats does higher reps do opposed to lower reps?

higher reps and low reps hit different fibers in the muscle..its best to do all ranges of reps so you will have complete development....for me 10-15 reps works best..everybody is different...find what works for you..

Yeah, usually legs you can go higher. I personally like around the 10 range, it's a good balance between weight and pump, feels great at failure too.

I do throw in some low, heavy weights (3-5 reps) as well though, usually 1 set per exercise, and only on compound lifts.

Found myself doing 4x sets, 4-6 reps.

After I can complete 6 reps in each of my 4 sets then I up the weight, and start from 4 again.

Lower sets with heavy weights will develope and build, higher rep lower weight will get more of a toned look.

anavar said:
i usually stick between 8-10 reps . ive seen some ppl do alot more around 15 reps.. whats does higher reps do opposed to lower reps?

Whats your frame like bro. Are you bulky or skinny or in between. I am still kinda bulky and love lower reps it promotes mass thats what I LIKE IF your overweight I would say go for higher reps to burn the fat. Low reps are great but you really want a spotter/training partner thats my downfall right now I do two or three warm-up sets then go all out 2 sets 3-5 reps. I would be making better gains if I had a training partner they really help.

mick-g said:
Lower sets with heavy weights will develope and build, higher rep lower weight will get more of a toned look.

This has nothing to do with it. If you want to build you eat excess calories, if u want to cut you eat lower calories....it has nothing to do with what reps you use. you use lower reps for strength work

high reps are for endurance i suppose...and 20 reps on squats/leg press/deads are no joking matter.

the big guys in my gym does this for their shoulder

100x4 sets of 20s wide grip
100x4 sets of 20s close grip and yes..military press

DB PRESS of any weight x20 for 6 sets

and that's what they do every week

Eat it or Beat it!!! said:
This has nothing to do with it. If you want to build you eat excess calories, if u want to cut you eat lower calories....it has nothing to do with what reps you use. you use lower reps for strength work
Yes, but we are not talking about cals here but training. Of course diet is the biggest factor.

I use various ranges depending on the movement, the bodypart, and how I feel at that given movement.

VICIOUS_BEAST said:
higher reps and low reps hit different fibers in the muscle..its best to do all ranges of reps so you will have complete development....for me 10-15 reps works best..everybody is different...find what works for you..

I did a 155x20 on squats and having a hard time on 166. last time I did was 166x15. now you made me curious if I could do it. ^^

on deads..i'll pass..though, iirc, there was a vid somewhere in youtube...405x25 deads. not sure of the rep though..

Back