Hitting long head of triceps

Winter

PR Hungry
it's been a hell of a long time since i've been back on this forum. hope i can run into some old timers that remember me from back in the day.

but i digress. i'm having issues hitting the long head of my triceps. i've done everything in the books, but it seems like only the lateral head of my triceps are getting any action. it looks weird doing overhead presses and not seeing any tricep action in the "inner" part of my arm. any suggestions?

i've recently starting throwing in more skullcrushers, but i'm wary of doing much because that exercise hurts my elbows a ton.

try reverse grip bench press ..
lay the bar in the groove that runs from the middle of the palm at the base of the end and runs to the base of the pointing finger . it will seem awkward at 1st so practice a while with just the bar and then light weights . KEEP the elbows tucked in .

welcome back and dont be a stranger .

thanks Dawg.

any other suggestions? i rarely ever do isolation exercises, but i think this is one of the times i may have to make myself do some extra sets just to get my inner triceps goin again

thanks Dawg.

any other suggestions? i rarely ever do isolation exercises, but i think this is one of the times i may have to make myself do some extra sets just to get my inner triceps goin again

give these a try for a month or 2 , when you get the groove right you can go heavy and trash triceps and front delts.

anthony clark did well over 700 pounds this way

btw the bar goes down to the mid-upper abs , not chest.

also decline close grip bench press hits the long heads of your triceps as well,or decline skulcrushers are also a good one

Back