How long has Steris been out of production for????

juicy_loosey

A guy I know at the gym was showing me some Steris Cyp today. He had about 5 bottles of the stuff. I told him I thought they stopped production a long time ago, like 2-3 years ago. I also told him that Steris fakes were everywhere. He didnt seem to believe me or he just didnt want to listen to what I was saying. What I told him was just stuff I heard, stuff over the net, pretty much just talk but it was from reputable sources. Any of you know the real deal with Steris?:Pat:

I dont have an exact answer to your question. Personally, I used some Steris Cyp about 7 years ago, it was actually the first Test that I ever used and I was quite impressed. But later down the road I started to hear what everyone else was hearing, that almost all Steris products were being faked, and there were some really good fakes. As far as the company shutting down, I didnt hear about it, but I just assumed it since I havent heard their name around the scene for at least 4 years.

Found this little piece;

On September 10, 1998 the FDA moved against Steris Laboratories, Inc. (a division of Schein Pharmaceutical, Inc.), seizing large stocks of their drugs and ordering a halt in further production of all products at that facility; Steris, located in Phoenix, Arizona, laid off about 350 workers. The FDA has not said that any of the drugs are bad, but that the company had not followed required procedures for documenting quality assurance.
Steris had been manufacturing all the generic testosterone cypionate and enanthate sold in the U.S., even that which is sold by other companies.

On October 16, 1998, a "Consent Decree of Condemnation and Permanent Injunction" between the FDA and Steris allowed the company to resume distribution of some but not all of its products. The consent decree (which is public information) includes an "Exhibit C" of drugs which the FDA has determined are medically necessary. Steris will re-test the seized stocks of these drugs, and return them to the market if possible; also, it will resume manufacturing, when permitted, for these products. However, Exhibit C does not include any form of testosterone, apparently because the FDA believed that enough other companies were marketing equivalents of the drug; the FDA has approved about three dozen testosterone preparations of about a dozen different companies, but at this time does not know how many are currently on the market. Exhibit C also includes chorionic gonadotropin 5,000 U/vial and 10,000 U/vial (sometimes used to help restart endogenous testosterone production after discontinuation of testosterone therapy) and nandrolone decanoate 100 mg/mL and 200 mg/mL--suggesting that if any shortages of these drugs develop, they should be temporary.

Steris did list testosterone cypionate and enanthate 200mg/mL in Exhibit A (drugs it wants to resume manufacturing when possible). It lists a lower concentration of both testosterone cypionate and enanthate (100mg/mL)--and also nandrolone decanoate 50mg/mLExhibit B (products it may withdraw from the market).

Update-

Steris is still manufacturing test cyp..They are now a subsidiary of Watson pharm. and it is being sold under that name.I just picked up a 10ml.vial
from a US pharmacy,with a legal script.On the back of the vial it says
Mfg.by Steris AZ.

wellbuilt said:
Update-

Steris is still manufacturing test cyp..They are now a subsidiary of Watson pharm. and it is being sold under that name.I just picked up a 10ml.vial
from a US pharmacy,with a legal script.On the back of the vial it says
Mfg.by Steris AZ.
(looking at one of my vials of Watson brand Testosterone Cypionate)

Oh shit, you're right. Never noticed that before. It says it on the box too, but the damn prescription label was coverig it up.

Before this Watson stuff came out, there hadn't been any generic testosterone cypionate on the market for a number of years. Glad it is available. If I had to use the brand name stuff (Depo-Testosterone) then I would have to pay damn $30 vial rather than the $10 vial I pay for the Watson.

Last edited:
Back