How much can you bench press??

Hey who said this was a bodybuilding forum? Don't see why PLers and athletes cant also be here at Ology :p

I personally care about my bench a lot, and will continue to care as long as NFL Scouts care and my Pro Day comes up in a few years. that said my bench is pretty shitty :( said earlier in the thread but its at 245x5 or so max...

if you never squat... you gotta re-evaluate your training bro :)

people ask me what i do for my arms, my answer is always squat heavy :)

I can do over 400 on the squat which isnt bad considering i never do them. But to me squats are good for Glute power and thats bout it. Oh and hip flexors

LOL thats a lot man!! glutes are the thickest muscle in the body! and hip flexors are vital.

squats also work:
lower back
upper back
hamstrings
quads
abs (all of them)
balance
intensity
overall power
strength
All the spinal muscles
and more...

but bench is also another exercise that really hits many muscles the average person might not realize.

bench works: (as stabalizers)
Lats
Traps
Rhomboids
rear delts
glute strength
spinal muscle strength

as well as (the obvious, as prime movers)
pecs
tris
front delts

Squatting CAN (maybe not for every one, but generally speaking) help your bench and vice versa. due to the fact that they work the same groups of muscles in different ways.

Guess you have some big endurance in the pecs, thats a supposed max of something like 535.

LOL, I know. I WISH I could do that much. Back then I could probably 1rm 420-440. I'm excited to see how much I'll be able to get after my cycle w/ my shoulder feeling better.

if you never squat... you gotta re-evaluate your training bro :)

people ask me what i do for my arms, my answer is always squat heavy :)

bro i know how to train, dont worry bout that. I just said that i can squat over 400. Do you think someone who never squats could squat over that amount of weight? The answer is no they could not. I have done almost every variation of squats and have found that lunges are way better for overall leg development than squats anyways. Squats are also overrated as far as building monster quads are concerned.

Squats are only really good at doing one thing and that is building powerful hipflexors and glutes. I have seen WAY more quad growth from doing lunges and leg presses than squats any day.

then you're squatting improperly.

oh, the correct answer to your rhetorical question is YES they could. I have seen people rock out 405 ass to the floor without every having weight on their back before.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure I can bench over 200 and even more if I only am doing 1 lift. But I do more than 1 lift. I do reps so I can get stronger.

then you're squatting improperly.

oh, the correct answer to your rhetorical question is YES they could. I have seen people rock out 405 ass to the floor without every having weight on their back before.

Why do you seem to think that you even have an arguement on whether or not i am squating correctly since you dont lift with me. Whats your training background? Seems to me that you know nothing about bodybulding since your still stuck in the stone age belief that squats are the KING OF ALL EXERCISES right? Wake up bro, there are plenty of guys three times your size who have never squatted a day in their life. And the only reason someone could never lift a weight and squat 405 to the ground is cause they have strong glutes, period.

Put it this way, you squat and i wont and lets see who gets bigger legs bro. Much more advanced techniques to putting on size then to doing squats

And by the way, ive put over an inch on my legs in the last 6 months without ever touching a squat rack. Oh and that was just by using the "pussy ass" leg press.

Oh and to school you on what Rhetorical actually means, it means there is a definite answer to the question asked. The above question was not rhetorical considering there was not a definite answer to it, which is why i posted it. I was smart enough to know that over the internet guys seem to wanna argue with people even though their wrong.

Aaahh... the "protective cover" that the internet provides.

just forget the arguement bro, im done with the convo. Theres no point in arguing anyway. You like ur squats and i dont really use them so thats that. Big deal

Why do you seem to think that you even have an arguement on whether or not i am squating correctly since you dont lift with me. Whats your training background? Seems to me that you know nothing about bodybulding since your still stuck in the stone age belief that squats are the KING OF ALL EXERCISES right? Wake up bro, there are plenty of guys three times your size who have never squatted a day in their life. And the only reason someone could never lift a weight and squat 405 to the ground is cause they have strong glutes, period.

Put it this way, you squat and i wont and lets see who gets bigger legs bro. Much more advanced techniques to putting on size then to doing squats

lmao... im 6'3" 330 lbs... check with the APF/AAPF to see what i squat, and with who :) And we can compare leg sizes sure! lmao....

im not trying to argue with you lol, but you seem to be intentionally antagonizing me and calling me out "comparing leg sizes" really dude? that is a battle you will NEVER win with me lol. it is what it is, and your fourth post in a row (hit the edit button next time) is the first sense of maturity i have seen from you, thank you for that. and i hope that you do well in your career in the weightroom and i wish you the best :)

Last edited:
lmao... im 6'3" 330 lbs... check with the APF/AAPF to see what i squat, and with who :) And we can compare leg sizes sure! lmao....

im not trying to argue with you lol, but you seem to be intentionally antagonizing me and calling me out "comparing leg sizes" really dude? that is a battle you will NEVER win with me lol. it is what it is, and your fourth post in a row (hit the edit button next time) is the first sense of maturity i have seen from you, thank you for that. and i hope that you do well in your career in the weightroom and i wish you the best :)

I thought we were done with this stupid arguement? :sleep:

Back