Iron Addicts Deadlift Challenge

Screw that------My CV conditioning is poor as shit. It doesn't matter if its 250 lb or 600 lb my lungs will still only let me get in 6 - 8 reps.

Starkraven said:
well i know IM not gonna win. last week i pulled 315 for 3 reps so what does that tell you? :( :D

That's ok bro. I know i guy who i am as heavy as who pulls 715 for 3 me only 495 for 3. Grant it he's 5 10 im6 3 and he's been seious a lot longer in the gym than me. It don't matter what your pullin as long as your pullin.

Shit we can't all be Gary FRank!

Damn I just read you post thats a lot of repss in a short timr. i will probably not lie and back out of this one. my dl day is tomorow so i wanna try it but i guess well seee what happens

this sounds like fun..i consider 3 reps a lot lol
ill see where i can fit this into my schedule and have a crack at it

Holy Shit.... That would kill me.

If I ran a contest like that I would have everyone PM me their results then I would post them a week later. It would keep people more honest.

I know it is all for fun, but I would like to see what everyones REAL numbers are.

I train the guy that posted the 92 reps in 5 minutes that goes by the handle of 2scoot, and can say with one THOUSAND percent certainty that his numbers are for real. He is my strongest trainee, with a 735 raw squat, 800 raw deadlift, and 615 raw bench. HE IS A FREAK! And when he starts PL'ing he is gonn make a mark. He currently does strongman events, and is in fact doing one today. On my board I know the guys that are going to post the biggest numbers and they will be honest, but I am sure there will probably be some BS from a few posters, but I beleive it will be a failrly honest event. I know I'm already whooped. My goal is to do 60-65 without puking too badly:D

IA

Easto said:
Holy Shit.... That would kill me.

If I ran a contest like that I would have everyone PM me their results then I would post them a week later. It would keep people more honest.

I know it is all for fun, but I would like to see what everyones REAL numbers are.

Like IA said i really believe this is more of a GPP type of thing..granted if you can only pull 295-315 you most likely will not be able to beat a 6+ puller who is fat and out of shape

I fucked up my knee pretty good, but next time I feel 100% and it is deadlift day I am going to give this a try.

Last week I hit 40 in 3 minutes 47 seconds and it hurt some, but didn't kill me. For this wek I just did 58 and it hurt.....a lot. No a really lot, and while I didn't puke, I almost did. Who's the moron that thought this one up

I don't think I want to try that again next week, but don't want 58 to stand. And by the way I used straps an the whole 5 minutes this time.

2Scoots 92 is gonna tough as hell to beat, but G-S has a good shot at it. Sand Blaster , AKA Silveback told me he personally saw him do 405 x 18 reps in 45 seconds like it was candy, and the only reason he didn't go on was his grip failed because he wasn't wearing straps. He thinks he can do high 90's low 100's and I think he might pull it off. Outta my leage for sure. There is also an under 200 lb bodyweight, or under 400 lb deadlift catagory and the weight used is 155 for those guys.

Iron Addict

IA

People I would like to see give this a try:

BDTR
In-Human (but I think he has back issues, this might not be the best idea)
pullinbig
DC
Future

I can get 405 for 10-12 reps, but it hurts at the end.... I feel like dying. I think I have a shot at 50 or so if I give this a go.

I'll let you know the outcome.

Future would do AWESOME, I mean hell the guys does GM's with 6 bills, In-Human would smoke it too, he pops in at my board often lately, but hasn't espressed interest, so I figure he has a good grip on sanity and has decided no--lol. I might just ask DC if he wants in. Pullin Big is going to give it a whirl after the meet.

Iron Addict

Back