Is It Possible To Recover From TRT?

Ole Dawg

Been searching for information & found this site. Thought maybe someone here might be able to provide some guidance.

I've experienced several injuries that required spinal surgeries. Many steroid type of injections were performed prior to surgeries. I was prescribed several strong pain killers, anti-inflammatories, anti-depressants, anti-anxiety meds, amphetamine, etc. During this time I was also exposed to X-ray & MRI imaging many times. Eventually my Thyroid gland became enlarged & I was given radioactive iodine to decrease the size. I now require Levothyroxine. After several years, I was diagnosed with "Low-T" & was prescribed injections every 3 weeks. I was a mess!

Somehow I figured this type of life was not good. I weaned myself off of all drugs & testosterone injections. It was a slow & unpleasant process.

I still live with chronic pain, plus I now find myself with very low T levels. (double digits)
LH=25.7
FSH=52.2

I am now in my mid 50's & I feel like a fool for placing blind trust in my previous physicians. I'm wanting to become as healthy & self sufficient as possible. My new Endo has prescribed testosterone gel, but I would prefer to heal & produce my own if possible.

I am confused with your labs. You say you have very low testosterone , but your LH and FSH look sky high. List all your comprehensive labs please.

If you LH and FSH are high, and you still have low testosterone , then you have a problem with your HPTA, and you are hypogonadal.

If you cannot restart your HPTA, then you need to go on TRT. See a good TRT doctor, and if you go on TRT, go for injections, and scrap the gel.

https://www.steroidology.com/forum/testosterone-replacement-therapy/662394-basic-trt-overview.html

Read this ^^^^^, it is a wealth of knowledge.

Last edited:
There isn't really recovering from TRT because we are put on it because we have Low T.

If you can post ALL the labs you have people can throw ideas on trying to increase natural production.

If we have low LH and FSH the issues may be in your brain. With high LH and FSH then the problem may be your testicles.

HPTA is your Hypothamic Pituitary Testicular Axis. Your HPTA is definately out of whack with high LH , high FSH, and low testosterone.

Did you read the TRT overview ?
This was cut and pasted from the overview ..
If you have high LH and FSH in combination with low testosterone you have Primary Hypogonadism. This means your pituitary is “yelling” at your testicles to produce more testosterone but they are not responding. If you have low or normal LH and FSH in combination with low testosterone you have Secondary Hypogonadism. This means that your pituitary is not recognizing that your body is deficient in testosterone so it is not sending a “loud” signal to your testicles to produce more testosterone. You will often hear this system referred to as the Hypothalamic-Pituitary-Testicular Axis or HPTA and I encourage you to spend more time learning about it.

You are a classic case of primary Hypogonadism. HCG monotherapy might be an option for you, if not, TRT is your only viable option

Last edited:
Back