K.I.S.S. Triceps

DocJ

Keep It Simple S...(you know the rest)

I noticed that for a solid year my triceps had made absolutely no progress, no tape increase no real increased weight in tricep excercises. I was also having mild but regular elbow pain inbetween workouts. All these facts combined led me to the conclusion that I was overtraining.

Over the past few months my tri's have started improving again in size, strength and even shape....here's all I did:

Dips
Close Grip Bench
Standing Overhead Military Press (full lockout every rep)

That's it. Along with regular BB/DB presses for chest that's all the elbow extensor work I've done. Sometimes it's better to keep things basic and simple!

In laymens terms stick to all the heavy compound exercises, all the little girly ones are whack

I'll ditto this... I wasn't going to chime in since everything has been said but I've gotta confirm this for any skeptic's. (if done in good form w/max intensitey) your tri's should be cooked at the end of your chest workout. I do little to no tri isolation sets and my tri's are one of my best features.

Easto said:
PJR Pullover

Doc, try this one out. I think you will be surprised

Easto... this is a great exercise! I've always used it at the end of my chest workout to hit any pec fibers I may have missed (I heard it was a good one for overall chest development) but I can also feel it in my tri's. A little hard on the shoulder joints so I don't do it every week.

Thats pretty much all i do. I didn'nt start adding thickness on tris till i started concentrating more on close-grip bench. And to just keep the sweep from my pit to my elbow going....i just hit up behind the head machine pull ups.

dips are what molded my tri's into my best body part. 2 plates for easy sets of 8-10 and 3 plates + for a few reps. Also...reverse grip dips (might torque the wrist a little) as a bw max rep finishing set.

Back