Lab results recommendations

bcwill250

This is labwork from yesterday.
I have been on 50mg of Test E for past 2.5 months and haven't noticed any real benefits yet aside from a slight increase in libido.
Still no energy and feeling depressed and lethargic.

Wondering about adding HCG for the benefit of keeping the boys working as well as the potential mood benefits.

What should these numbers look like.

Fyi this lab work was done on day 3 before my shot

SHBG 12.7 nmol/L
LH 0.1 iu/L
Free test 390 pmol/L
Total test 12.7 nmol/L
Bio avail Test 9.1 nmol/L
estradiol 79 pmol/L
FSH 0.2 iu/l

Any recommendations?
I haven't felt any energy benefits yet, a bit better libido. But still poor mood and energy levels.

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Total test 12.7 nmol/l equals 366 ng/dl, which is pretty lousy. 79 estradiol is way high.

Seems like you could use more test and an AI.

Thanks for the input. This was my first detailed labwork that included est levels. And all I had to go by was the labs range which said <157 so I presumed it was ok.
What about adding HCG to the protocol as well as an AI to bring down the estradiol. What's a good range for a 35 year old guy.?

The magic number is 29. Though I'm kidding a bit with that, you have to see where you feel good, could be anywhere from say 20 to 50.

I would be mostly worried about why estrogen is so high when test is on the low side.

I second tankmanbob. Your TT is lower than my lowest on record and estrogen is higher than I have on record. I feel for you man.

My issues are side effects of medication and epilepsy. My body clears testoserone faster than it should and it also converts it to estrogen at a higher rate. My testicles slow down. I end up low T and elevated estrogen.

Usually high estrogen is with high testosterone.

Double checking

Just want to double check we're talking estrogen levels at same measurement.

What I posted was in pmol/L the new way of listing in, if that was converted to the old way (pg/ml) it would actually be 21

which would be much more reasonable.

Also a dude in another forum mentioned I might be fucked due to very low SHBG and not see much for results regardless.
any thoughts?

I really appreciate any info I can get.

Cheers

I second tankmanbob. Your TT is lower than my lowest on record and estrogen is higher than I have on record. I feel for you man.

My issues are side effects of medication and epilepsy. My body clears testoserone faster than it should and it also converts it to estrogen at a higher rate. My testicles slow down. I end up low T and elevated estrogen.

Usually high estrogen is with high testosterone.

Is this Prescribed TRT, or is it Self Administered, and if so, why so Little Test.
Usually the Lowest TRT doses are 100 Mg a week.

This is the reason you aren't noticing much, your Test dosage is Too Low.
Just high enough to Spike your Estrogen however.

You really want to see your Total Test #'s around Double what they are presently.
And you need to start taking an AI to get your Estrogen under control.

So I would start taking 100 Mg a week, and start taking Aromasin as your AI.
I would start @ 12.5 Mg of Aromasin EOD, for the 1st Week, to get your Estro down.
Then reduce it to 6.25 Mg or 1/4 Tab (most tabs are 25 Mg).
Then after 1 Month, I would Redo the Total Test and Estradiol to check the Levels........................ JP

Shit sorry original post was supposed to say I've been taking Prescribed TRT (though from a dr who is admittedly not that knowledgeable with it) dosing at 50mg ED3 for the past 2.5 months. The numbers posted above were from day 3 prior to my shot.

Also these are canadian labs thats why I put the unit/scale of measurement at the end, in case they measure differently elsewhere

Just want to double check we're talking estrogen levels at same measurement.

What I posted was in pmol/L the new way of listing in, if that was converted to the old way (pg/ml) it would actually be 21

which would be much more reasonable.

Also a dude in another forum mentioned I might be fucked due to very low SHBG and not see much for results regardless.
any thoughts?

I really appreciate any info I can get.

Cheers

I don't know. Based on my research about me specifically higher SHBG negatively effects my free T levels. Increased levels bind to my test. Lower SHBG is something I've never researched.

Shit sorry original post was supposed to say I've been taking Prescribed TRT (though from a dr who is admittedly not that knowledgeable with it) dosing at 50mg ED3 for the past 2.5 months. The numbers posted above were from day 3 prior to my shot.

OK now I'm really confused, your Total Test should be higher than it is, if you are Basically around 100 Mg of Test a week.
I'm taking it, that you Test is from a Pharmacy.

My Basic Rule for Test is 5 x's your weekly dose ~ your Total Test should be at least this high at a Bare Minimum.
If not, I would question the Quality of the Gear.
So 100 Mg a Week, you should be posting at least 500 Ng/Dl on your Total Test..................................... JP
P.S.
I was running 200 Mg of Test a week to put on some weight before a Hip Replacement.
And Unbeknownst to me, my Primary did a Total Test as part of my Presurgical Bloodwork, without telling me.
So it was the Capped Version, and not the LC/MS-MS, which has no cap.
And I came back at Greater than 1,500 Ng/dl on just 200 Mg of Test a week, which would have been higher, if it was the LC/MS-MS version.

He is excreting most of his testosterone into his urine do to the low SHBG, if you were to measure blood levels and urine he would have more T in the urine. The flipside (high SHBG) would have his T bound up tightly unavailable for use with none of it in his urine.

https://youtu.be/Wz3CPkX6zrQ

He is excreting most of his testosterone into his urine do to the low SHBG, if you were to measure blood levels and urine he would have more T in the urine. The flipside (high SHBG) would have his T bound up tightly unavailable for use with none of it in his urine.

https://youtu.be/Wz3CPkX6zrQ

So if you listened to that in Total.
The take away is Guys with Low SHBG, need Twice a Week Injections.
And that's Exactly what "Bcwill250" is doing.

So again, his Total Test should be higher................................ JP

So if you listened to that in Total.
The take away is Guys with Low SHBG, need Twice a Week Injections.
And that's Exactly what "Bcwill250" is doing.

So again, his Total Test should be higher................................ JP

Well not necessarily, for me with my SHBG in the upper teens nearer to the threshold of what constitutes whether you're low or not I can get away with twice weekly shots, but for someone on the lower end of the spectrum they're going to need even more shots. There are perfect example of other members who felt substantially better when they moved from twice weekly to EOD injections, remember when Dr. Crisler said everyone is different, we're not cookie cutter clones. Receptor sensitivity plays a huge role in how bad your symptoms will be in a given blood testosterone level and SHBG level, low receptor sensitivity and low SHBG equals a difficult challenge to get TRT to work. I bet in a few years someone will come out with a drug that raises and lowers SHBG, I know for a factor that drug companies have been trying for awhile. There are already medications that can raise SHBG, I was on Klonopin for 28 years and my SHBG was alway high and have symptoms of low T the entire time.

So what's the takeaway here guys I'm going to start obviously injecting every day but what about HCG and what about an aromatase inhibitor to lower the estrogen

Well not necessarily, for me with my SHBG in the upper teens nearer to the threshold of what constitutes whether you're low or not I can get away with twice weekly shots, but for someone on the lower end of the spectrum they're going to need even more shots. There are perfect example of other members who felt substantially better when they moved from twice weekly to EOD injections, remember when Dr. Crisler said everyone is different, we're not cookie cutter clones. Receptor sensitivity plays a huge role in how bad your symptoms will be in a given blood testosterone level and SHBG level, low receptor sensitivity and low SHBG equals a difficult challenge to get TRT to work. I bet in a few years someone will come out with a drug that raises and lowers SHBG, I know for a factor that drug companies have been trying for awhile. There are already medications that can raise SHBG, I was on Klonopin for 28 years and my SHBG was alway high and have symptoms of low T the entire time.

Dude, the Klonopin for 28 years is what Screwed you all up.
It's well known to raise SHBG to very high values, which Locks-up Free Test.
Which will make Muscle Gains difficult to achieve.

I hope you got off that Benzo, and are clean, and enjoying Life again......................... JP
P.S.
Bcwill250 didn't mention any Drug use (prescription or otherwise).
But as with anything else, if you don't give someone All the Info.
Then it's Impossible to give them any Advice that's Reliable.

My low T only comes up with medication. Specifically medication that actually stops my seizures. Benzo called clobazam. Weaker long acting one. Taken 12 hours apart. Medications ain't nothing to be played with.

Hey guys I just want to confirm for sure we're talking about the same units for estrogen level.

In my results is in pmol/l at 79 however when I googled it it gave a range of 20-55 PG/ml

If I convert my results from pmol to pg/ml they are 21/PG/ml which is in range and would actually be pretty good.

Can someone look at their labs and see what units yours are in?

Thanks

Back