Last bulk cycle before summer>

I used to walk around really bulky all the time, but feel much better now, I have abs year round but can still gain when I want to. It will be easier on your body and you'll definitely feel better.

I couldn't agree with this more. I got up to 260lbs with about 18-20% bodyfat and I felt shitty all the time. Tying my shoes was a process. I would much rather lean bulk/stay lean all year round (when I say lean I mean no more than 12% bodyfat) than dirty bulk and be enormous. Keeping the bodyfat manageable keeps you about 6 weeks of hard dieting from looking amazing and about 10-12 weeks from the stage, and at the same time gives you the opportunity to keep bulking as necessary.

I couldn't agree with this more. I got up to 260lbs with about 18-20% bodyfat and I felt shitty all the time. Tying my shoes was a process. I would much rather lean bulk/stay lean all year round (when I say lean I mean no more than 12% bodyfat) than dirty bulk and be enormous. Keeping the bodyfat manageable keeps you about 6 weeks of hard dieting from looking amazing and about 10-12 weeks from the stage, and at the same time gives you the opportunity to keep bulking as necessary.

exactly, for the past 2 years I have been walking around 8-10 weeks out from show condition, and maybe 2 weeks away from veins in my abs...I like it much better....but I am still 225lbs at 5'8", so its not like I feel small

freeze, I would be doing what you are doing no doubt, but you gotta be carefull

Just to open another can of worms. What would you guys say my bf% would be??
I don't even care to guess.

It's tough to say because your back looks better than your front with regards to your bodyfat, so it leaves some room for debate. But I would say being as you are kinda soft around the mid section that your around 18%.

Freeze suggesting you get to 280 was exagerating and in a yr. well thats a pipe dream I never said that and I dont think from your pics you got the frame for it. It has taken me shit 6 yrs. to get from 200 to now the same BF at 280 but I ate for clean bulk. I basically wanted to build a foundation to cut. Still saying fuck it though and wanna get stronger and bigger I know I have more left and like you I gotta girl and dont need to impress anyone with a sixpack.

I have always takin the philosophy of Lee Haney and Arnie two 7 time MR. O's well Lee 8 I believe. Arnie and Lee Haney knew what they doing I would hope everyone would agree. Their still healthy and alive today at an old age. They suggest get as big as possible until you almost cant gain anymore then cut. That makes much more sense then cutting when your this light. So what if your carrying 18% BF you look fine dont let anyone tell you different. IMO dont need to eat everything and anything in sight to gain muscle mass. At least I haven't. Im kinda surprised Im the only one in this thread that thinks you should get as big as you can before you cut.

Im also very confused why need wants use to not train heavy and eat less. Maybe theres something I dont know. What are your goals?

Need to accomplish 225lbs and pretty ripped how heavy did you get up to in order to get that? My quess 260-265 offseason was where you were, about right? Your boy looks alright why not let him grow? He cuts 18% BF at 230 he's gonna be what 190

Last edited:
I dont think he needs to carry that much bf around till he gets that big. I did hit 260lbs before but I looked like shit, felt like shit, and wasnt any stronger than I am now... I am not thinking he needs to walk around at 6% bf, but there is also no need to carry an extra 50lbs of crap around either. I went that road thinking it was what I needed to get where I wanted, and it wasnt...its not healthy to carry that extra weight around, walking up the stairs and being out of breath wasnt cool

I am mentioning not training as heavy and eating less as a break, he made absolutely massive strength gains in the course of half a year, but you cant spent all your time training heavy, I did that and am riddled with injuries that I cant get rid of...injuries that screw up the rest of my life, not just the gym. And your body grows better when you cycle intensity, so if he lightens up for a few months, cuts his meals back a bit, then say in sept hits everything hard again he will grow....but if he just keeps doing the same old crap he will stop progressing.... And freeze eats one shit load of food, I have come to realize thats not necessary either, I have problems from that too, ie, acid reflux so bad that even the prescription stuff wont get rid of it any more. So you give your body a break all around when you arent trying to grow, its not like he will lose any mass, but it will be better for him all around

Not to mention, the longer you carry extra fat, it becomes a new set point for your body. So even when you do diet down, your body will try that much harder to get back to the weight you had...if he maintains that bf for a couple years, when he tries to get lean, it will be much harder to get and then maintain.

I have made all these mistakes in the past and am trying to help him avoid the ones I made. And why should he walk around not being happy about how he looks for a couple years, for some long term goals. I make just as much progress now as I did when I was that heavy, but I look and feel good year round

Thanks for all the advice guys. I like the debate on both options. I will however, continue to eat clean and train accordingly to keep my weight on track and hopefully stay around 230, but as needsize has said in the past it's not what you weigh, it how you look in this sport.

When I see abs I will be happy for the summer, continue from there with clean bulks and maybe in 2years see a stage. Until then I'm gonna continue with Needsize advice, he has been there, and done it and got the pics and big shiny trophies to prove it!!

We also got to run .8 of a km when there's a crisis call at this new jail(happens everyday)! So if Needsize is getting his ass kicked by some inmates I gotta have some gas left when I get there to throw down and save his ass. LOL

Thanks for all the advice guys. I like the debate on both options. I will however, continue to eat clean and train accordingly to keep my weight on track and hopefully stay around 230, but as needsize has said in the past it's not what you weigh, it how you look in this sport.

When I see abs I will be happy for the summer, continue from there with clean bulks and maybe in 2years see a stage. Until then I'm gonna continue with Needsize advice, he has been there, and done it and got the pics and big shiny trophies to prove it!!

We also got to run .8 of a km when there's a crisis call at this new jail(happens everyday)! So if Needsize is getting his ass kicked by some inmates I gotta have some gas left when I get there to throw down and save his ass. LOL

then you better keep eating clean bro, this shit is all for show, if I start getting my ass kicked then you better be there fast....or nika can protect me

First off, I gotta say whats up to a few fellow CO's!
Secondly, Freeze You are lookin good in the pics. I am curious to see the pics once you get it all cut up. Good luck on the next cycle. Keep hitting the iron hard...And Needsize I love the story about slammin a protein shake in front of all the bosses. Thats good shit

First off, I gotta say whats up to a few fellow CO's!
Secondly, Freeze You are lookin good in the pics. I am curious to see the pics once you get it all cut up. Good luck on the next cycle. Keep hitting the iron hard...And Needsize I love the story about slammin a protein shake in front of all the bosses. Thats good shit

lol, they dont call us COs anymore....it sucks...
and dont forget he ate the can of soup out of the can first, then hit the shake in front of everyone...it was great
he is actually pretty cut now and looks great, not sure when he will take new pics but I cant believe the transformation he made in less than a year

Here is an updated pic from last week. I don't take a lot, just like to make some visual notes to look back on from month to month.
The one that looks like I'm standing like a fag in is exactly on year before i started juice. I'm 232 in the recent on and 195lb in the old one.

Great progress! You look a lot bigger now that you lost some BF. Any leg pics? I'm guessing you're already into your cutting cycle, no?

Last edited:
Thx, but I'm not into my cutting cycle. just running 800mg test e, and 600mg eq and trying to watch the diet. Started super setting half way through my work outs and it made a big difference.

Huge improvements man... 13 pounds is NOTHING. I bet you don't even feel the weight that you lost and you look sooo much better. Keep it up...

Thanks Milk, I feel good and still bench 315 for 9 reps last week. Needsize is always here to keep me in line with the diet and juice.

How many more weeks are you running the test + eq for? When do you plan on starting your cutting cycle, and what compounds would you like to run?

Last edited:
I was thinking about doing a competition next year Nov so that means I wont cut it down much more this summer. Im probably gonna get off and run a short PCT in aug and start my bulking in sep

Back