Middle age guy Ready to beging TRT

thorshammer

Hi folks,

I have been thinking alot about TRT. A few friends of friends have done it, and they all seem to be getting positive results. They are similar to my age. Some seem to be balanced, while one in particulat seems much more agressive than he was a few years earlier.

I am a 46 year old male, in good shape physically. I work out 3-5x week, and yet I do not feel the motivation, confidence, and life inspiration that I did in my 20s and 30s.
I am happily married and have a great job. I do not consider myself clnicslly depressed, but here are a few of my symptoms:

- Fatigue
- Poor sleep or inability to get a depo rejuvenating sleep
- ED
- Morning erections happen but less freq.
- Lack of motivation
- Low libido or nonexistent

Overall, just a lack of luster and vigor is a good way to put it.

I am looking at the private md labs Male Hormone Test. Any advice ?
Do I need any add-on items to that ?

I starting taking DHEA, and an herbal Anti-Aromatase inhibitor. The DHEA is something I took years ago which seemed to work well. I just started up on it again to see if it would help the symtpoms.

I do not take any medications. My BP is avg. 128/72.
Im 6'0, 175lbs.

Any input or advice is appreciated. I realize the blood test is the first step, but wondering if that Male Hormone Test is the correct one to get ?

Thank you kindly

Need FEMALE hormone test panel. Way cheaper and gets you all the basics. Then do a web search to find a discount code and it's even cheaper! Good place to start

Someone else will have to pipe up on the DHEA use.

The male hormone panel cost more but you also get a lot more useful information for a baseline: free test, thyroid and IGF-1

I think in the OPs situation it's well worth the extra hundred bucks.

Unless you are determined to go on TRT regardless of results, I'd keep the DHEA supplementation and see where that puts you.

Last edited:
Need FEMALE hormone test panel. Way cheaper and gets you all the basics. Then do a web search to find a discount code and it's even cheaper! Good place to start

Someone else will have to pipe up on the DHEA use.

That cheap test is great for follow up labs, it has saved a ton of guys money.

But for an initial lab, if you have never been on testosterone before, its imperative to test for prolactin, PSA and Vitamin D.

Last edited:
With really low T you will have every time night sweat what is a very good sign for that.
What you are describing could be also E2 related.

You need a test! ;)

Back