Money Transfer Problems question

Status
Not open for further replies.

VJ

Here's the problem :

I Western Union money for a small order. A week later I get an e-mail from the source saying that they have problems with that receiver they provided me and can not pick up the money.

They tell me to go to Western Union and ask for the money back and re-send it another way or use another receiver.

Hasn't WU completed their job by wiring the money to who I said to send it to ? Why is it WU's problem that my guy can't get the money from their receiver ?

Anyone run into this before ? I don't want to go to WU with this crap without knowing exactly how to go about getting a refund.

Thanks for any help you guys can be. I'm not mentioning names here at this point .... hoping they are being truthful and I can start over with it by getting a refund.

This has do do with Uncle z, and "Yes" it is a legit problem from a while back.

It is not WU's problem, but they have to fix it for you as the funds have never been picked up.

What you need to do is exactly what was communicated to you by z and go into WU to look after this.

I had spelled the receivers name wrong once and they couldn't pick up the funds. I had to go back and spell it correctly and resend it. The money didn't go anywhere because they couldn't pick it up. Just go back and do what he said....you will have to fill out a special form to do so though. It's all cool in case your worried about something happening.

Nah, I blew it ... I'm not getting shit back. I just left WU rubbing my ass ... but I did it to myself - nobody else's fault.

When I started using WU for gear I was told to use a fake name / address on the form , then of course send the supplier my real name / shipping address with the transfer number.

Of course in a situation like this, they need the I.D. of the sender to issue a refund ..... who doesn't exist. Game over , LOL.

I of course asked if they could just transfer the thing to a different receiver but it doesn't work that way. They have to give a refund and do the whole transaction over again.

I never thought or heard about anyone having trouble with a receiver , I thought when the money was sent and arrived you were good to go. I thought the 'receiver' was someone from the sources 'team'. Don't ask me how I thought it worked like that, I just did.

Live and learn ...

So what happens to the money that sits there unclaimed ? Just curious ... I guess it's many lunches on me for WU workers for awhile.

You guys who until now were as stupid as me about this , learn from my fuck-up.

that's why I use my real name, if you're having it shipped to your real name and address why give WU a fake one

Nah, I blew it ... I'm not getting shit back. I just left WU rubbing my ass ... but I did it to myself - nobody else's fault.

When I started using WU for gear I was told to use a fake name / address on the form , then of course send the supplier my real name / shipping address with the transfer number.

Of course in a situation like this, they need the I.D. of the sender to issue a refund ..... who doesn't exist. Game over , LOL.

I of course asked if they could just transfer the thing to a different receiver but it doesn't work that way. They have to give a refund and do the whole transaction over again.

I never thought or heard about anyone having trouble with a receiver , I thought when the money was sent and arrived you were good to go. I thought the 'receiver' was someone from the sources 'team'. Don't ask me how I thought it worked like that, I just did.

Live and learn ...

So what happens to the money that sits there unclaimed ? Just curious ... I guess it's many lunches on me for WU workers for awhile.

You guys who until now were as stupid as me about this , learn from my fuck-up.

O shit bro that sucks big time!. Ok first let mr be the first to say it, Why the HELL did you use a fake name to send some money wu.. Lol Keep listening to dummies cuzz that’s who told you to use a fake name. Sorry I had to say that. OK so now you know threes nothing illegal about sending money to make you ever even think twice about it. I never hear that one before but I’m surprised now that I haven’t. So any way try e-mailing your source and tell him what you did and maybe he can get that original receiver to get the money. The receiver is someone on the sources pay roll. He prob pays a few different people and then the go and quit on him or who knows what happened. Now he has to get another receiver to take that ones place. That’s why they sometimes have a few different receivers they use. E-mail your source see if he can do something. Lets hope he could.
Other wise it's a lesson learned sorry it cost you cash though..

Last edited:
This has do do with Uncle z, and "Yes" it is a legit problem from a while back.

It is not WU's problem, but they have to fix it for you as the funds have never been picked up.

What you need to do is exactly what was communicated to you by z and go into WU to look after this.

i plan on using uncle z....has anyone else had this problem?

Why the HELL did you use a fake name to send some money wu.. Lol So any way try e-mailing your source and tell him what you did and maybe he can get that original receiver to get the money. The receiver is someone on the sources pay roll.

I e-mailed him and told him how I screwed it up but doubt if he'll want to do anything with that ... they're too busy as it is and it was my mistake.

What I still don't understand is the 'receiver' part of WU ; you say he is part of the sources team and from what Stone said it sounds like the receiver is part of WU since he mentioned that the money was never picked up . I'm thinking that this particular receiver didn't want to accept the money for whatever reason and it's sitting in a WU account , but from your explanation it sounds like the source can't collect it from his own guy. Can someone clarify how this works ?

The reason I never used my own name was because from the first time, that's what I was told to do. I sometimes thought " ... what if ... ? " but wasn't smart enough to follow through and do it the right way. I thought whatever problem would arise in sending funds would happen right there while I was sending it. Never thought there could be a 'receiver' problem.

Hey you can try this , I'm not sure if WU has changed there policy but to pickup funds you don't need to use your ID under a small amount *I think under 500* , you just need the money control number and the amount that was sent and of course receivers name / address and the password if you used one. call 1-800-call-cash to confirm if this policy is still in effect.

I had to do this a few years back after I didn't want the sender to know my info. I did this 3 times so I hope for your sake they didn't change the policy.

Go to a different WU / Supermarket and claim the pickup in the recievers name. The sales agent might bitch and moan but tell them to call western union and they should confirm it if the policy hasn't changed.

If they wont do it just leave.

If you get the money back send me my cut :)

I use and have ALWAYS used my real name. I'm not a big time dealer and if they want to bust me for the little I order (little to me :) ) then come and fucking get me. I'm not afraid to use my real name and don't understand the logic some guys have around thinking they are safe with a Fred Flinstone name :rolleyes:
Here's how I look at it...if they do ever catch me , how much time are they gonna give me? I'll do 6 months a year...thats not even gonna happen , but if it did , I am playing a risky game and I better be able to be held accountable and pay for playing. If not then I better get the hell home to Mama :rolleyes:

What I still don't understand is the 'receiver' part of WU ; you say he is part of the sources team and from what Stone said it sounds like the receiver is part of WU since he mentioned that the money was never picked up . I'm thinking that this particular receiver didn't want to accept the money for whatever reason and it's sitting in a WU account , but from your explanation it sounds like the source can't collect it from his own guy. Can someone clarify how this works ?

Ok....here are the facts;
The receiver works with the source, but in the case due to unforseen circumstances the receiver was not able to pick up the funds in the specified country. Obviously, this was not known to either party at the time the arrangements were made between them.

This effected a fair number of customers before z realized what was going on. He was in contact with every customer and they were instructed how to rectify the situation.

dont he use money gram??...i find it better then WU...

we use my real name and sine my real name...as siad small order...

fck um

Some may think it's stupid but I have used a credit card before. I did it once and yes...it does leave a paper trail..so how safe is it? I don't really know. Will I do it again? Probably not , unless I hear some people who have , and is it really dangerous?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back