muscle belly

amvdub

russian crusher
what up every one? Can some one tell me how to get rid of a muscle belly? I am 5'8" and 185. I am not fat. I dont know if I'm not doing enough core excersises or lifting weired, but I got a partial six pac (4 1/2) and it kinda sticks out a little bit. It starts just under my chest and is defined and bulging out. I started to notice it after i got off my cycle of Decanoate (Norma). It seems like every body else has a flat belly and no one talks about the "Muscle Belly". Can some one help me out?:bash:

i dont know, i hope not. im gonna do more core workouts see if that helps. thanks anyway.........................any other opinions?

I forget the name of the workout, but I bet you arent doing it which would be the cause of your protruding gut.

What the exercise involves is almost sucking your stomach in but not quite so. The goal is to make your abdominals get as close to your spine as possible, while contracting all parts of your abdominals. Hold this in for 30 seconds, and repeat for 3 "sets". Ultimately you will get to the point where you can do them sitting or even in a push-up posture, as standing is the easiest.

GOOD LUCK!

Hey, cool man, i'm gonna try that. I got legs and abs today. cant wait to tear it up! I honestly appreciate all and any advice. I know its not genetics cause Ive always had a smooth sixpack @ 150lbs. Ever since I put on this 35lbs of mass, ( including a little body fat ), this came with it. Thats y i thought the deca had something to do with it, I mean, I was eating like all day. Am I the only guy this has happened to? Weired, bro.

It could be that you are eating too large of meals at once?

You notice after you eat an enormous meal your stomach tends to be sticking out more. do this regularly and your stomach sort of stays that way. I bet if you switched to 5-6 small-average sized meals a day you would really quickly notice your gut looking more sucked in.

I'm not on anything now. I did a cycle of an oral prohormone about a month ago to see if it would help. I read that it targets audiposity (I got a little bit) so I thought i'd try it.
"dznutzx" u might be right man, I try and space about 4-5 meals a day, but i got this mentallity that the more I eat and more often, the better chance i have of maintaining a positive nitrogen balance. Its true, damn man most of my meals, I eat till I cant eat another bite. weired thing though, im not getting fat, thats probably why i got used to eating that way. I guess adjustments are in order. anyways, i just ordered some "winnie" to try and shred up. i hope i can get that "flat look" that would suck if I'm all shredded Mcripped and have this freakin muscle belly.

Last edited:
I'm looking for updated info on this subject.

What I've been able to learn over time is that "muscle belly" can be the result of years of training "improperly" (define that however you wish).

I never had a muscle gut/belly - until I started lifting seriously/often in 2001 or so. I'm otherwise ripped (well almost!) but I have the characteristic protruding "muscle belly".

I've read about doing the "suck in" abs exercises and while that has a minimal result, I don't believe that will solve the problem.

I've read around that some people get surgery to take-in the abdomen - and I've not seen very specific information as it applies to "muscle belly" but more on other conditions.

My next step is probably to consult with a plastic surgeon and ask. But, I expect it would be very expensive (non-insurance covered unless you could prove it's a hernia or something weird) and very uncomfortable for a long time.

If anyone reading these forums could provide some useful information, or perhaps point to some other reference it would be very much appreciated.

Thanks !

Protruding abs userly indicate one of two things . AAS/HGH abuse or inbalances in either ur lower back,hips or glutes hell u could even have a slight pelvic tilt . Do u suffer from lower back pain ? when u walk do u tend to lean forward as if thier pulling u forward . I would suggest side planks/planks/roll outs aswell as supermans also look into pilates/yoga . great for tight muscles/imbalances

Diced

I don't use/abuse any substances. I take testosterone because I have to, but I don't abuse it.

I noticed the protrusion in the late 90s after I started working out. Prior to that I had a nice flat tummy. I know a couple of guys that have "muscle belly".

I also note that my belly button is gone -- it's an "innie" and you can press on it and there's nothing there. That may be a hint at something?

I had assumed some of it might be from improper posture while lifting, etc.

I do have (now) lower back problems, but back then I didn't. I walk pretty normally, I believe.

I read about abdomionplasty (if I spelled that correctly). Years ago, I consulted a doc and he said my lower abs were abnormally apart -- which he's only seen in people who have lost a lot of weight or bore children (neither apply to me, especially the latter!).

normally muscle bellys come from HGH because after a long period of use of hgh your intestines can grow and push your abs out. causeing muscle belly

I also have this. My lower abs stick out without me even eating a big meal. My bf is no higher than 15% max but my stomach makes me look bigger. I've read about that sucking in excerise but have yet to actually do them.

im leaning towards the fact u may have an imbalence somewere in the chain . Best advice find urself a good personal trainer let him examine u .

Diced

it's very simple... a stronger muscle is a BIGGER muscle, no way around it at all. So the stronger your stomach gets, the bigger it will get. EVERY pro bodybuilder has large abdominal muscles and this is NOT from GH or gear abuse like so many claim... it's just as simple as a the muscles getting stronger and growing... along with how much food being consumed will extend the stomach from the inside...

not rocket science

Genetics bro, Before I ever used AAS and from as early as I remember even before lifting, when I relax my abs my top abs noticeably protrude. My brother calls it the power belly, I even get veins in it so its not fat. I can flatten them out if I watch my posture. Look at the UFC fighter chris Leben, he gets it even when in the single digit fat range. Off season when he has been heavier I have seen it more pronounced

http://a4.ec-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/101/6e229964e3e59601a1a84b2a041dc922/l.jpg

I think it migh deal with the ribs too, I have a big rib cage.

quit doing crunches. quit doing leg raises. any abdominal exercise that contracts your abdominals, stop right now. core strength doesn't come from these exercises, and they're not even functional. i have excellent core strength but can barely do 60 straight crunches. vacuuming does work by the way. do it in the shower, do it while watching tv. squats and deads will build excellent core strength, you can also do planks. i like to to do planks with feet elevated to make it harder, make sure you are using proper form, or else you are just wasting your time. what's the sense in doing crunches and getting a muscle belly? six packs are made in the kitchen, not the gym.

quit doing crunches. quit doing leg raises. any abdominal exercise that contracts your abdominals, stop right now. core strength doesn't come from these exercises, and they're not even functional. i have excellent core strength but can barely do 60 straight crunches. vacuuming does work by the way. do it in the shower, do it while watching tv. squats and deads will build excellent core strength, you can also do planks. i like to to do planks with feet elevated to make it harder, make sure you are using proper form, or else you are just wasting your time. what's the sense in doing crunches and getting a muscle belly? six packs are made in the kitchen, not the gym.

So you're saying that I could get a six pack without doing all them ab workouts and just having a really well set diet??

Back