My First Journey:

Cardiff_Muscle

Beefcake, BEEFCAKE!
Well, after much reading and discussion I decided that I would start my first ever steroid cycle.

I will keep this log updated weekly. However I also hope that the bro's who are just starting out like me, read this and perhaps follow my lead as I divulge in just one compound as suggested by the regular, and more knowledgeable, members of this fine board.

A little bit of background:

Will be shooting 400mg of Test E every week for 12weeks
Clomid for post cycle therapy (pct) starting on week 14

Height: 6'3
Weight: 224lbs
Body fat: around 14% - don't trust callipers
Training: clean for 7yrs - no previous cycles of any kind

Shooting for:
3500/4000cals Per Day

Broken down into:
500Pro/500g Carb/200g Fat

Most of the protein coming from animal sources with a shake in the morning and shake PWO.

Using this as a clean bulk and hoping to gain 10-15lbs of keepable lean mass.

Took my First shot last night. Was a little nervous but also excited. I’ve read that shots can be painful in some and not at all in others. I’m happy to report that my first shot was completely painless and I administered it myself in my right quad.

Pushing in the pin was easier than I thought, one quick stab and It was in there. There was no blood when I aspirated and I took around 2-3 minutes to push all the oil.

Once done I waited a moment then withdrew the needle half way, waited another minute then completely withdrew (heard this was best way to withdraw by Outlaw). Had on a spot of blood afterwards.

Quad is a little sore this morning, but no more than on a hard leg day, so even happier about that.

My question thus far is this, does it matter what time of day you take your shots? I did it last night as I was a little over keen to start, so morning shots wouldn’t be an issue, just less convenient. My reasons for shots on Wednesday is because Wednesday is leg day and I didn’t want sore quads before my work out.

Finally I will post weekly pictures soon, my missus is coming over this weekend so will post my first one hopefully soon after.

Wish me luck.

Last edited:
i'd recommend you take 2 x 200mg, one on wed morning and one sat night...this will keep blood levels more stable and is less per shot which will aleviate the pain you will come to experience.

Yeah 2 shots a week is better. Good luck tho, looks like you have everything set. Keep active in the journal man, it really helps.

Good luck bro and welcome to the dark side. Nice to see that you have done some homework. now bust your ass and gain 25 lbs! good luck!

29/05/07 Update #1

Well tomorrow will be the second shot and my first week done. Obviously there has been no addition to body weight only being a week in. Also there has been no increase in strength although I must say that my additional focus when training is noticeable.
This blatantly has nothing to do with the actual AAS, but I would attribute it to that fact that I know that its in my system and therefore I want to ensure that I get everything I can out of each workout.

My training method is not so much on the most weight that I can shift, but more a heavy weight I can shift with strict and slow form, I feel this gives me the best workout I can get. Hopefully with the added strength Im counting on from the Test E, I should see some significant gains in overall weight moved.

Diet is clean as ever during the week and a little bit sloppy at the weekend so nothing to report there.

However one thing I would note. Im definatley feeling more eurphoric with a higher feeling of well being.....again I believe this to be placebo side effect of knowing "Im on", this though is a welcomed attribute.

Also is it wrong to be looking forward to my next shot? I havent felt this excited about anything since I was a youngster waiting for christmas day!

Last edited:
Cardiff_Muscle said:
Also is it wrong to be looking forward to my next shot? I havent felt this excited about anything since I was a youngster waiting for christmas day!

NO WAY bro, im the same way, i cant wait to take my next shot, i'm also running 400mg of Test E a week, and I'm going to be breaking it down to twice a week also... just because I like the feeling of knowing i just pushed in some gear

Update: 05/06

Well coming to the second week of my 12 week cycle and I can say that there is a noticeable difference in all areas.

Firstly as mentioned last week, a heightened sense of well being is even more apparent. Most complain of "roid rage" when on test cycles, I can only complain of the polar opposite. I’m jovial all of the time with a general feeling of "everything will be alright" regardless of what’s thrown at me!

Back to the important stuff. Strength has definitely increased, this is apparent in both squat, bench and deadlift. In most case there is an increase of 10kilos in each lift within 2 weeks. Also my body weight has increased by 4.5 kilos as well. The most difference I can see though is in the mirror, definitely look much fuller and larger, but at present I don't seem to be "watery" as many complain. Generally I would have expected a smoother but larger look; however this is not the case. My mass just looks larger that before but detail is the same!

I can also say that at present I have no notice of any gyno sides; however I have a small amount of acne forming, generally down to oily skin, but it’s nothing bad at all.

Now this maybe early to think this as I’m only 2 weeks in, but providing that sides are minimal, I’m extremely tempted to continue the cycle longer that the originally planned 12 weeks. I know that many would discourage this as it’s my first cycle, but I’m not sure that I want this feeling to end lol!

Seriously though, what would be the conceived effects of a cycle being extended to perhaps 24 weeks? Yes this is nearly double the time, but I’m aware that double the time would result in double the time off. My thinking is as I’m running a relative low dose that perhaps a longer period would produce greater and more "keep able" gains. I’m basing this on the theory of "the quicker you put the gains on, the more that will come off in the end".

Obviously testicular shut down is one obvious side effect, but there are bro's who stay on all year long, and I would appreciate hearing from them and their opinions.

Anyway, roll on tomorrow night, third week's shots :D

this a great post man! i too am almost doing exactly what your doin ( i have deca in mine ) at basically the same time so its great to see someone else progess ! keep it up

ps jus curious why after u inject you keep the needle in for a minute and than another minute. i was always to swifty inject and swifty remove??

The tip came from outlaw mainly. I believe by doing it this way, taking you time after withdraw, it gives the oil more time to sit into the muscle. Also I notice less to no bleeding.

Roll on the end of week three!

Update: 13/06/07

Well it’s coming to the end of my third week and end of my first month of my Test E cycle. So far it has been an awesome journey with no side effect's and nothing but great lifts, great workouts and visible results.

I can fully understand the statement that once you cross over, you never stop. Lets be honest though, who would want to!! :)

Down to business.

Strength: The increase is phenomenal. It’s easily noticeable that the Test is kicking in and my workout partner is shocked at the jump in weight and reps.

Previous to starting my cycle my big three were:

Bench - 264
Squat - 396
Dead - 308

In three weeks it now sits at:

Bench - 286
Squat - 418
Dead - 352

I’ve noticed on Squat, I could go heavier but I don't want to risk too much early into the cycle. With my dead lifts my grip fails me any heavier than this.

Another welcomed side effect of the cycle that I have noticed is the recovery time. I’m confident that after a day's rest, I could do the same workout with the same intensity. If it wasn’t for my desk job, I would try and hit the gym, alternating body parts, twice a day. This unfortunately, is just not fees able :(

Weight increase and overall stats.

Starting weight was 220lbs
Current weight sits at 230lbs

My goal was to hit 15lbs by the end of my cycle and I’m nearly a third of the way there so this was a big plus!

I wont go into specifics of body parts but I’ve put 1.5 inches on my chest, arms, legs and some how managed to lose nearly 2 inches off of my waist!

My cycle length was set for 12 weeks but this has changed now to 20 weeks. Due the low test dosage amount and the fact that I have an addictive personality this to me is a good decision. :D

Forth Shot tonight and as ever, happier than a pig in shit!

Last edited:
Cardiff_Muscle said:
Well it’s coming to the end of my third week and end of my first month of my Test E cycle. So far it has been an awesome journey with no side effect's and nothing but great lifts, great workouts and visible results.

I can fully understand the statement that once you cross over, you never stop. Lets be honest though, who would want to!! :)

Down to business.

Strength: The increase is phenomenal. It’s easily noticeable that the Test is kicking in and my workout partner is shocked at the jump in weight and reps.

Previous to starting my cycle my big three were:

Bench - 264
Squat - 396
Dead - 308

In three weeks it now sits at:

Bench - 286
Squat - 418
Dead - 352

I’ve noticed on Squat, I could go heavier but I don't want to risk too much early into the cycle. With my dead lifts my grip fails me any heavier than this.

Another welcomed side effect of the cycle that I have noticed is the recovery time. I’m confident that after a day's rest, I could do the same workout with the same intensity. If it wasn’t for my desk job, I would try and hit the gym, alternating body parts, twice a day. This unfortunately, is just not fees able :(

Weight increase and overall stats.

Starting weight was 220lbs
Current weight sits at 230lbs

My goal was to hit 25lbs by the end of my cycle and I’m nearly a third of the way there so this was a big plus!

I wont go into specifics of body parts but I’ve put 1.5 inches on my chest, arms, legs and some how managed to lose nearly 2 inches off of my waist!

My cycle length was set for 12 weeks but this has changed now to 20 weeks. Due the low test dosage amount and the fact that I have an addictive personality this to me is a good decision. :D

Forth Shot tonight and as ever, happier than a pig in shit!

Hey bud, nice log keep it coming.....recovery time is a massive bonus but I think your joints and tendons take longer to recover....it's a good idea to push yourself but don't go nuts as you'll have to ditch your cycle if you get injured....nice and steady is the name of the game :D Keep up the good work, I'll be doing my Test cycle in a month or so so I'm an avid reader ;)

Hey Bro, no fear of not finishing this log. Although only 4 weeks in, Im still amazed reading back over it at the progress that I've made!

After a conversation with a mate of mine who's more "experienced" in the juice game, he's suggest 14wks on then 4wk Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) and post cycle therapy (pct) protocol and then a 14 week course of HGH and then another 4wk Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) and post cycle therapy (pct) run.

He's currently doing this himself with excellent results and the temptation is strong.

However, I've only just begun the journey and perhaps getting a little ahead of myself so therefore one step at a time is my current thinking! :D

Good look on your Test journey, will enjoy reading your log as you last was excellent!

Update: 19/06

Tomorrow will be the one month anniversary of the start of my Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) journey, and what a journey it has been so far.

My weight is still slowly increasing to about 2-3lbs a week, which I’m happy with as its steady and slow, which hopefully means when I come off the cycle in another 12weeks time, I will retain much of what I've gained (which is the intent at the end of the day)

I've yet to see any other of the major side effects, that are normally attributed with Test. Water bloat is supposed to be a major factor, and as yet I havent seen any. If anything this cycle has leaned me out more than before......can this be correct?

Don't get me wrong, I’m much bigger than when I started and I weigh more but now have much better, overall definition. Not that this is a bad thing.

Also there is no nipple soreness or tenderness so far, but I’m not complaining about that and hope it stays that way. ;)

However, one of the side effect'd is that with the additional 10lbs that I’ve gained, people are starting to notice a big difference in my overall size. Being 6'3 I stand out already, however the additional size that I currently have makes it evident that some "assistance" is being used. This also resulted in me having to tell my fiancé that I was "on" as she was starting to grow suspicious.

Initially she wasn’t thrilled by the idea, as he had dated a guy who juiced previously, but they never got to "consummate" the relationship as he couldnt "rise" to the challenge.

I attribute this with the heavy amount of Deca use that is in the Valley's where most of the juice heads roam in Wales and assume this was the issue.

Obviously using a Test only cycle, the opposite happens with me and she is now an advocate of my gear usage. I believe her exact words were "as longs as your dick works, I don't care!" :D

Strength gains are still up, so much so that I’ve started incorporating much harder training methods to ensure I maximise everything from this cycle and my training! Don't want to waste one bit o juice!

As ever the anticipation of getting my fifth shot is killing me and I can't wait to load up my pin and get some sticking done! Until next time.

Last edited:
Keep up the hard work, and keep posting. This journal is very good and hopefully my first Test e cycle goes as well as yours.

Back