natty training vs non natty training?

Hmm.

Natural: I pick heavy things up, and put them down.
Not-so-natural: I pick heavy things up, and put them down.

Nope! No difference at all. :wiggle:

No.

Of course in reality AAS gives you results even if your training programme is complete bullshit. That is why you'll see a lot of users train like idiots, still grow but then complain about why they're no longer growing a few cycles down the line.
In other words, it makes users underappreciate the importance of a good programme.

Last edited:
i always hear that the famous technique of trainig for the pump works much better with AAS then natty, true?

Every technique works better with AAS then natty - this isn't exclusive to pump training.
And consider 2 things:

1) Pump training has NEVER outperformed tension training in any of the data looking into this. Mechanical tension is the absolute key to muscle growth and the easiest way to maximise it is by training with your 8-12RM.

2) An optimal training programme would focus on tension, stress & damage. This means utilizing a variety of rep ranges, tempos, rest periods, etc in order to ensure optimal growth through all 3 mechanisms.

Relying exclusively on pump training is suboptimal in every way you can possibly think of.

Ohhhh suuuuure Zilla, go and give an answer based on science. :p

I would like to point out that my answer is still technically correct! :wiggle:

My current training style attempts to tick all the boxes...

* I do a few primer sets to engage the mind-muscle connection.
* Then I hit a 20 minute strength phase working the basic lifts for as much weight as I can for 10-12 reps
* And to finish I have a 20-25 minute volume phase - where I utilize supersets, drop sets, rest-pause sets etc... to blitz the muscle into submission.

I've been doing this for the last 4 weeks, and I'm seeing changes literally daily in the mirror.

I will add that I am ON cycle :)

Mechanical tension...by that you mean progressive overload?

Mechanical tension = weight on the bar
Specifically, it has been shown that lifting 75-85%1RM aka your 8-12RM maximises muscular recruitment and generates the greatest tension on your muscles.
Tension > fatigue (pump training) for growth.

I didn't mention progressive overload because that should be obvious to any rational trainee and applies regardless of the type of training your doing :)

When I trained natty I was 201 pounds and maxed the bench at 395 pounds 1RM. On pro-hormones my weight plateaued at 232 pounds after 3 years and my bench was at 450 for 8. On gear I am now at 252 pounds three weeks into cycle today and benched 540 for 6 just yesterday. Lats are significantly fuller and everything I work has grown to some degree or another. I have lost cuts as I'm using wet compounds, but thats cool with me as I'm all about the bulk.

This is all anecdotal, so take it with a grain of salt. I'm on gear, and it made it so I could workout harder, longer, and be back at the gym the next day. I have pretty good proportions for squatting, I'm 5'7" and carry a lot of mass in my legs, and my coach basically wanted to experiment on me and see what we could do with my squat.
A few weeks into being on gear, (It was just a test-e cycle with a 4-5 week dbol kickstarter) he pu tme on a squat program when I was doing high rep, relatively high weight, pause squats 4 days a week. It would be like 5 sets of 15, 2 second concentric, 1 second pause, 3 second eccentric. It was fucking brutal, and I might hobble to my car a little, but the next day I was there all over again.
In 3 weeks my squat went up 50lbs. Like I said, on gear I could train harder, longer, and just better. Yeah it increases muscle growth, but a big plus is that it increased my recovery time, and how much I could put into a single workout. I was training like crazy.

only difference between the two is rate of recovery and strength gains..

which you should be keeping in check by not raising the weight you push too quickly.. tendons do not develop like muscles do..

its cause for injury

I have no experience with taking gear, other than a couple legal prohormone cycles (non methylated) figure they. Couldnt have been that strong.

I've read a study where 1 group of people worked out naturally, another group took testosterone and didn't workout.

At the end of 10 weeks the people on test gained more muscle not even working out compared to the natural guys working out. (I don't remember where I read the study or if it's completely accurate, or if I'm regurgitating it properly).

Last edited:
Back