need to bring my legs up

70w30

non conformist
My wheels are bad.I have a pinned ankle and one bad knee .
Squating is out of the question.When i do squats my body lists to one side favouring the stronger leg.Are leg presses as effective as squats?
leg presses do not bother me as much as squats as the body is in a fixed position.Do you guys have any ideas to bring my legs up i need help.
Thanks.....:D

Thy this for a leg workout
Leg Press
Hack Squat
Stiff Leg Deadlifts or Leg Curl
Leg Extensions (3 drop sets of 8 reps)

I have found the my legs respond better to higher reps 12 - 20. You should try different reps #'s to see what work best for you. You can also alternate from workout to workout. 1 - High weight, low reps 2- Lower weight, higher reps.

Here are a couple thread from StoneColdNTO you might also want to read. I have done this calf program and honest to God, I could hardly walk for 3 days.
10 Steps for Killer Quads

http://www.steroidology.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2484

Cooked Calves - in under 4 minutes

http://www.steroidology.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2478

Last edited:
nothing can really replace the squat for growth, but the leg press is your best bet. If you have a problem with your knee, be very careful of the hack squats as they tend to place a lot of stress on them. I would suggest heavy leg press, then try lighter higher rep hacks and see how they feel

i agree with needsize no replacement for squats bro. leg press will do . do you have a verticle leg press? they work very well also

house1 yes we have a vertical leg press at the gym I,ll try it out ,and see how my knee and ankle react to the movement.needsize I understand what you say about that movement ,the knees are stressed ,So i will try a higher rep scheme at light weight so I can do a full movement,on the hack that is..
Kudos to the guys that responded I appreciate your help.

supersetting between leg press and hack squat really pumps the legs nicely. Don't need a lot of weight on the hack squat either, being they are already woken up from the press.

needsize said:
nothing can really replace the squat for growth, but the leg press is your best bet. If you have a problem with your knee, be very careful of the hack squats as they tend to place a lot of stress on them. I would suggest heavy leg press, then try lighter higher rep hacks and see how they feel

I'd definitely agree, be very careful with the hack squats if you have a bad knee. Listen to your body when you are performing an exercise. If it bothers you in a negative way, don't do it or you may be asking for trouble.

70w30 said:
My left knee was is arthritic ,and my left ankle is pinned .

Did you injure it and if so, what kind of injury was it and how long ago?
One more question, how is your hamstring development?

My hams aint bad as i do deads moderate weight for high reps,and leg curls.Ankle crushed in work accident years ago.Yes fyre I know when to back off when needed as I do not need to aggro things any worse.Thanks bros.............and BROETTE.........did i spell it right......:D

Back