negative reinforcement.. when its time to dig deep

Charles Bronson

old timey gentleman
learned a long time ago, if you can ignore what your mind will throw out at you - your body can go on and accomplish shit that would seem impossible. that turning off that voice that tells you something is too painful too hard too fucking heavy - drowning that negativity out and letting your body, training, carry the show

99% of the time, feels like i can overcome whatever is in front of me..

then there comes a point where the body starts to fail.. it isn't your mind giving you negative feedback anymore

its your body rejecting what you're trying to push it to do..

but when it feel alike i might fail, i might fall short

there is this voice that wil come out of no where

" get it done don't be a fucking pussy"

i don't know if any of you gys ever fall back on something as negative as telling yourself you'd rather die than fail at something, rather die than quit

but i really feel when I've had to dig deep, like heart feeling like it will burst in my fucking chest digging deep - that voice comes online - and ill keep going, ill push until i know 100% i just didn't have anymore

is it just me..

im kinda fucking weird, pretty driven at whatever i set my mind to

wondering if anybody else has something buried deep that they let off the fucking chain when things get hairy..

Bronson

I can relate not the exact thing but similar i had a ruff life from age 15 to 25 because i chose to get addicted to meth and all other drugs. Getting clean was the biggest thing ive overcome. Now for the last 10 years i had life pretty dam good got a career and always made good money. 2014 was my worst fucken year in my life, i broke up with x left everything i own behind and moved to my home town.

I was jobless had to keep moving in withrelatives that made me feel like shit because i wasnt contributing. Then i found a job and instead of letting me save money my cousin was asking for the little money i made still not even full time. I was left broke got laid off had to move again with nothing! I wanted to give up bad move back with my parents but i had my girlfriend always encouraging me.

I couldn't even afford decent food i ate rice and lentils for a fucken year! My chick never judged me and stayed through thick and thin now i find out shes pregnant. I have so much stress and weight on my shoulders now i felt like i couldnt take anymore seriously one thing after another. What i learned is bd times dont last forever i have always lifted myself up from bad situations i do have that drive in those typesituations. Everything is better now by the way i just couldn't believe how long i had to struggle!

thats rough..

i remember stealing chickens ( yeah stealing live squawking and shitting chickens ) as a teenager

because i was so fucking hungry and the only protein id had in weeks was from peanut butter.

didn't take much from there to feel like i was on e z street though man.. you appreciate things like the lights coming on when you flip a switch and having a gallon of milk in the fridge after times like that. props

Lmfao! Wow glad i didnt have to resort to stealing chickens lol one thing i also got out of this was i have Internet friends that supplied the shit out of me with tren thats where i learned alot that year with no gym and lentils and rice. I bought a set of rubber bands and hit the parks and schools did that and body weight training and discovered how powerful tren is. I didnt lose muscle or mass eating shitty food and no weights. I got free tren at least i can say that haha oh and everything happens for a reason i feel all that b.s was for a good cause i met my best friend/wife and nOw have a beautiful little girl all came from hard times

I don't think I can really compare my trials and tribulations - but I do really think that ignoring that whiny little fuck whispering in your mind that you CAN'T go further is the best thing we can do.

Although, to be fair; it is important to understand our limitations. I have had five knee surgeries because I got too good at WILLING that weight up. Mind over matter is a powerful tool, but it should be used responsibly.

Oddly, it's how I know who is really at the gym to get shit done, and who's just there to socialize/go through the motions.

My .02c :)

not speaking so much to trials and tribulations..

more of - in the moment do or die, athletics fighting or any competition or feat where you shut down that bitchy whiny voice and let your body machine on through...

then when your body starts to fail, and you recognize - fuck this might be it

instead of wondering if I'm asking too much.. ill kind of shut down and see if it kills me or i fall apart first

sounds like you are kinda in the same boat as me hw

made a lifetime of being the bumble bee too dumb to know it isn't supposed to be able to fly

whats been the driving thing for you ? i have to say its pretty deep for me..

i got bullied a lot when i was young, big goofy kid for my age..

spent a year in jr high being the red neck kid everybody fucked with

old man was a drunk, would beat my ass regularly

had a growth spurt, and developed a real talent for contempt. by 15 i could whip my old man when he was buzzed, and turns out after a couple of good showings - i didn't have to fight much in school anymore.

anything where i could even remotely come out looking like a pussy - id rather be dead

I'm saying flat out..

its my experience that the ones with something dark and shitty buried deep , that can power through the worst fucking mess

but its always something really fucking ugly

Ooh ooh i can think of something! Ok so growing up i wad a fat pussy until i turned 14 kids use to pick on me slap me around wich made me choose the coward route and kick it with gangstas lol i was far from a coward though.

I got in alot of fights after that i didnt know how to fight vut dam did i have heart and drive. I have a pretty solid head that absorb blows and ive never been knocked out yet

There were fights that i was beaten to a bloody pulp unrecognizable but my dam pride and survival mode kicks in and i will never give up or go down until the cops show up or the other guy gets tired of beating my ass, not sure if this was a good example lmao

I've always pushed myself to the edge always have been a go all in type of guy. When I was in basic training at Parris Island a big thing the DI's would say to guys who said "I can't do it" was "WHAT ARE THE LAST 4 LETTERS IN AMERICAN" I can! this type of thing has stuck with me till today I actually use the saying with my son LOL.

All that being said through the years I've had my down times like 49er and rose above them knowing I CAN do anything I put my mind to (less physical limitations of course). It's a lot of mind over matter and not getting caught up in the negativity of things even though its all around me.

I've always pushed myself to the edge always have been a go all in type of guy. When I was in basic training at Parris Island a big thing the DI's would say to guys who said "I can't do it" was "WHAT ARE THE LAST 4 LETTERS IN AMERICAN" I can! this type of thing has stuck with me till today I actually use the saying with my son LOL.

All that being said through the years I've had my down times like 49er and rose above them knowing I CAN do anything I put my mind to (less physical limitations of course). It's a lot of mind over matter and not getting caught up in the negativity of things even though its all around me.

Well i am mex ICAN amer ICAN so yes ICAN!

not speaking so much to trials and tribulations..

more of - in the moment do or die, athletics fighting or any competition or feat where you shut down that bitchy whiny voice and let your body machine on through...

then when your body starts to fail, and you recognize - fuck this might be it

instead of wondering if I'm asking too much.. ill kind of shut down and see if it kills me or i fall apart first

sounds like you are kinda in the same boat as me hw

made a lifetime of being the bumble bee too dumb to know it isn't supposed to be able to fly

whats been the driving thing for you ? i have to say its pretty deep for me..

i got bullied a lot when i was young, big goofy kid for my age..

spent a year in jr high being the red neck kid everybody fucked with

old man was a drunk, would beat my ass regularly

had a growth spurt, and developed a real talent for contempt. by 15 i could whip my old man when he was buzzed, and turns out after a couple of good showings - i didn't have to fight much in school anymore.

anything where i could even remotely come out looking like a pussy - id rather be dead

I'm saying flat out..

its my experience that the ones with something dark and shitty buried deep , that can power through the worst fucking mess

but its always something really fucking ugly

I can't remember the psychological term, but it's never feeling good enough. It's a form of perfectionism, but the name escapes me. Probably has something to do with childhood issues, but I'm getting yelled at to get to bed - so gotta delve into that later. :p

I can't remember the psychological term, but it's never feeling good enough. It's a form of perfectionism, but the name escapes me. Probably has something to do with childhood issues, but I'm getting yelled at to get to bed - so gotta delve into that later. :p

pretty sure the medical term is

" crazy "

This type of mentality if used correctly can drive one to become great. And strong in all aspects in life. Altough the person that possess this mentality might not even be aware how much of a benefit it is. Might even drive them crazy.

Last edited:
its made me stronger..

i was surrounded by really elite athletes for a few years of my life, guys with genetic gifts that made them seem like they were from another planet.

a famous trainer told me early on what my assets were

you have some talent, but its not your talent that made us notice you.

you're not afraid to get hit, you're intelligent, and you won't quit..

hard work beats talent when talent won't work hard.

so i was the worker.

if all else fails, go out there and turn it into a head butting contest son..

soembody quoted arnold recently " there is nothing worse then being normal"

there is something dark underneath that.

pretty sure the medical term is

" crazy "

Close! It's atelophobia; a form of perfectionism in which you push yourself to your limits because you never feel good enough. I agree with you guys, it can be a very powerful tool - but dangerous if not respected.

Preparation + hard work > talent in my book any day. Unless it's talent and hard work combined. Those fuckers have my deepest respect.

Close! It's atelophobia; a form of perfectionism in which you push yourself to your limits because you never feel good enough. I agree with you guys, it can be a very powerful tool - but dangerous if not respected.

Preparation + hard work > talent in my book any day. Unless it's talent and hard work combined. Those fuckers have my deepest respect.

per the strictest definition, this atelophobia doesn't apply to me in the obsession with fear/imperfection

i actually get off on the endorphins of my fight or flight system coming online, those butterflies in my stomach are there to tell me I'm ready physically and i like their company.. the brighter side of ptsd is "berzerkergang"

also, im kind of conceited. self aware enough to realize it..

i enjoy the company of women children and elderly..

courteous and old timey gentleman manners..

but i dont make friends with other men very often, when i do it seems to be more like a clannish bond or a brotherhood..

and while i make a conscious effort to try not to judge the men around me..

but god damn! everybody these days just seem so soft and pussy - bunch of fucking hippies - they make me look like god damn clint eastwood

i have a gift for contempt.

Last edited:
Boot Camp is where I learned the difference between saying I can't (because I think it is too hard) and I can't (because it is physically impossible). There is a wide gulf between the two types of I can't. When I find myself saying I can't, I realize I have just hit the first type and then push on. I find I always actually CAN do much more than I thought.

Boot Camp is where I learned the difference between saying I can't (because I think it is too hard) and I can't (because it is physically impossible). There is a wide gulf between the two types of I can't. When I find myself saying I can't, I realize I have just hit the first type and then push on. I find I always actually CAN do much more than I thought.

you're not a typical individual, the average person in these modern times..

these kids today, make us old bastards look tough.

I've watched the new generation of fighters coming out, from rank amateurs to guys that ave turned pro in the last 5-6 years

the vast majority seem soft to me

i tell my boys - watch to see which gives out first..

their spirit , or their body.

most of these kids today, will quit mentally before their bodies are hurt or exhausted

Back