Never tell any of your doctors you're on steroids

pineapple

For your own good, do not ever tell your doctor that you ever took steroids, or do take steroids. The reason is, if you ever apply for health insurance or life insurance they will check your medical records. Everytime you see a doctor they note your profile with everything that was said by you. That means if you ever mentioned that you used steroids or even prohormones they will put it down as using steroids. Then good luck getting health insurance, unless you get it thru your employer then it's no problem. Just heads up for those that dont know.

That also goes for getting "blood work" done for whatever reasons. The health insurance company will look into it and wonder why you're getting those tests, etc.

Remember that episode of Seinfeld where Elaine was a problem patient and couldn't get her file back, LOL

Ducati996j said:
So if you want to get blood work done, what would be the best thing to do?

im looking for a private lab.....i was going to go to the doc and since it will be for pre cycle blood work i was just going to tell them i was starting a strict diet and working really hard an wanting to get check out; you should be fine with that.....but if you were getting post cycle work done the dr. might start asking questions....

Ducati996j said:
Use a clinic that you would NOT put down on the list on the application. So if you're doing all your "blood work" in one clinic, do only THAT THERE. Use another clinic for "everything else", that's going to make you seem and look healthy when they look at your history.

If you intend to tell your doctor about your Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) use, then before you do, tell him you want what your about to tell him off the record. Remember, he must only put down on your record what he has personally prescribed for you.

If you came into his office weighing 260lbs. at 5% body fat, would he be able to put into your records that he believes you are on AAS?

If you can't trust your doctor then you need to find a different doctor whom you can trust.

outlawtas2 said:
If your having serious problems then avoiding the doctor is very bad idea IMO.

Thus if you are having a problem you are left with the choice between A: Should I go in and risk never being able to get insurance or B: Risk whatever ailment I have spiraling out of control.

Frankie xq said:
sorry pal, but i love this country. and will die for it.
Die for what? For no health care? For HUGE government corruption? For working 80hours per week on two incomes just to survive? For the wonderful family benefits we don't have? The list goes on.

pineapple said:
Die for what? For no health care? For HUGE government corruption? For working 80hours per week on two incomes just to survive? For the wonderful family benefits we don't have? The list goes on.
Well put!

Ducati996j said:

i train natty, but still get blood work done time to time...my stepmother is a nurse at a walk-clinic, and i have them do it there...im guessing you can go somewhere like that and do it.

I was going ot get bloodwork done, now I don't know if I should, I didn't know this

I guess I have to find someone I can trust?

I solve this problem by not giving my SSN to my doctor. I have used many doctors and have used many names but I always pay cash. Once you show them the money it's no problem.

I tell them I have been the victim of identity theft and I don't give out that information any more. If it's a problem I will pay for service before treatment and then show them the money. I never have a problem doing this. If they give you any BS about needing an SSN for the FDA learn from Bill Clinton, lie your ass off. And by the way you should only change the last four digits of your SSN. The other digits lick to date, place and time of birth.

It might be akward for some of you, but just ask the doctor if hed be comfortable keeping some things off the record when asked. A lot of doctors wont have a problem, some will. Thats why its important to have a good doctor in the first place.

There is nothing wrong with being health conscience and wanting blood work every few months. Theres no reason to run in there telling him your on steroids. Ive seen it too many times.

Ive never heard of this. When I went to the ER i specifically asked if everything was confidential and they said YES. I asked the same of my regular doctor and he said YES.
Also when getting Health Insurance Ive been asked to take a physical but never have they asked for medical records.

Thats just my experience.

Gator

I personally do not have a problem keeping things off the record with the exception of when it really may make a difference in my decision making. An example of this is a patient that came in with right glute pain the other day and told me it was from his Test Cyp which he gets from a rejuviantion MD. When I questioned a little more and he realized that I kne about Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) he admitted that it was Sustanon. I just dx him with an adverse med reaction, no need to list that he used black market juice.

Oh and back on topic...if you're in the U.S. HIPPA law states that you can force your doctor to remove information from your file that you don't want in there so if you accidently say something you don't want known, tell them they can't write that down or remove it from the record if it's already written down.

outlawtas2 said:
I'm under the impression that a very large amount of people die every year in the U.S. simply because they cannot afford surgery? I can't even fathom that...
Wrong. The truely poor in this country have Medicaid or are treated in the ER with the hospital knowing that they won't be paid for the care. Stiffing the hospital with the bill obviously increases costs but it's a indirect way that people who aren't poor in the U.S. take care of they people who are and I'd rather have that than having it done through government force.

Also, I'd like to clarify that I think Canada and Britian are great countries, I just don't think socialized medicine in general delivers on what it promises.

DocJ said:
Wrong. The truely poor in this country have Medicaid or are treated in the ER with the hospital knowing that they won't be paid for the care.

So essentially what your getting at is that John Q was fictional? I won't beleive it. lol

I agree with not telling your doctor unless you really need to. His knowledge of you using Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) will probably complicate things. Not all doctors understand steroids or why we use them so...

I think that the notion that not telling your Dr. the truth totally incorrect. if you can't trust your doctor then I'd suggest you find another on. I personally went to my Dr. who is so straight laced he told me to go scratch when I asked him give me pain killers for a thunb I crushed while building a stone wall.ti walksis the best advice. When I told him I have a goal of going National and would be needing to go on he looked at me said" is this what you really want, then o.k. lets do it right" BT after every cycle,full workup every 6 mths.

Back