New Theory on PCT!

macro said:
two strong refutations of the primary claim of this "article"
Please elaborate how these studies would apply to the average "Joe Blow" cycling aas?

Also, I'm pretty sure the author of the article isn't selling Naloxone :)

A very intelligent bro over on CEM possibly suggested a better alternative.
The thread was about people using HGH but I'm wondering if this would apply to an Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) cycle as well? Someone smarter than I am needs to evaluate this...

Originally Posted by oswaldosalcedo:

naltrexone causes hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis activation (cortisol release). this is not good as cortisol is elevated post cycle already

----------
(and...)

T4 is the answer. possibly d/t T3 increasing a lot post cycle?

Nandro produces hypothyroidism, GH too, GH increases T4 to T3 conversion,then there is a T4 deficit (Hypothyroidism).

Annu Rev Physiol. 1986;48:515-26.

Mechanism of thyrotropin releasing hormone stimulation of pituitary hormone secretion.

Gershengorn MC.

Recent Prog Horm Res. 1985;41:607-53.

Thyrotropin-releasing hormone action: mechanism of calcium-mediated stimulation of prolactin secretion.

Gershengorn MC.

Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1981 Nov;78(11):6662-6.

Thyrotropin-releasing hormone exerts rapid nuclear effects to increase production of the primary prolactin mRNA transcript.

Potter E, Nicolaisen AK, Ong ES, Evans RM, Rosenfeld MG.

EMBO J. 1983;2(9):1493-9.

Inverse control of prolactin and growth hormone gene expression: effect of thyroliberin on transcription and RNA stabilization.

Laverriere JN, Morin A, Tixier-Vidal A, Truong AT, Gourdji D, Martial JA.

Thyroid. 2003 Oct;13(10):979-85.

Prolactin dysregulation in women with subclinical hypothyroidism: effect of levothyroxine replacement therapy.

Meier C, Christ-Crain M, Guglielmetti M, Huber P, Staub JJ, Muller B.

Biol Reprod. 2002 Jul;67(1):107-13.

Differential regulation of pituitary hormone secretion and gene expression by thyrotropin-releasing hormone.

Kanasaki H, Yonehara T, Yamamoto H, Takeuchi Y, Fukunaga K, Takahashi K, Miyazaki K, Miyamoto E.

J Mol Neurosci. 2007;31(1):69-82.

PreproThyrotropin-Releasing Hormone178-199 Affects Tyrosine Hydroxylase Biosynthesis in Hypothalamic Neurons: A Possible Role for Pituitary Prolactin Regulation.

Goldstein J, Perello M, Nillni EA.

DocJ said:
Please elaborate how these studies would apply to the average "Joe Blow" cycling aas?

because they directly contradict the claims that naloxone maintains LH and GnRH in the presence of exogenous androgens or estrogens. So it would directly apply to "joe blow" Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) user.

basically the article is pretty much worthless.

It gives only a minimal nod, an after thought, to aromatase inhibitors. Which is the only reason its not completely worthless.

macro said:
because they directly contradict the claims that naloxone maintains LH and GnRH in the presence of exogenous androgens or estrogens. So it would directly apply to "joe blow" Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) user.

It gives only a minimal nod, an after thought, to aromatase inhibitors. Which is the only reason its not completely worthless.
Fair enough but what about post-cycle?

macro said:

The key word you missed in those studies is “pubertal boys”. The endocrine system works quite differently past puberty. The protocol I outlined will work while on cycle. It has little use for PCT.

-Pp

Very good read. Lots of information. I will continue to use my normal post cycle therapy (pct). But this sounds very interesting.

Ill give this a bump. This has been a couple years, any more info on this stuff? Has anyone used this with success or failure?

Everything else aside, the only way anyone can make the statement that suboxone doesn't make a non-addict feel fucked up has clearly never tried it. My boy was on it when his opiate addiction got real bad. I tried a piece that was literally the size of the top of a pin. Shit fucked me up like nothing else I have ever experienced. I got the spinnies for hours. It was a nightmare. I eventually went to sleep and even in my sleep I was naseous and had to wake up to vomit. I wouldn't reccomend anyone mess around with this crap. And it can definitely be addicting

Nah for real bro have you ever been real wasted & felt like thr rooms spinning even in bed when you're sleeping? Waking up still feeling that spinning feeling? It sucks man. It was so intense I literally got woken up by my urge to puke.

Suboxone is a pill the size of Lima bean that goes under your tongue. When my boy broke off a tiny tine piece I laughed at him like yeah that's really gonna do anything...let's just say it was a bad wakeup call. That shit is no joke. I can handle my recreational drugs too I ain't no bitch... It's not even an enjoyable "fucked up". Just giving some feedback on that shit for anyone who thinks it's harmless.

makes me wana puke just reading about it. good wake up call for everyone.

and yeh i know the feeling ure describing. i get like that when i dont eat and have 8 cups of coffe

Everything else aside, the only way anyone can make the statement that suboxone doesn't make a non-addict feel fucked up has clearly never tried it. My boy was on it when his opiate addiction got real bad. I tried a piece that was literally the size of the top of a pin. Shit fucked me up like nothing else I have ever experienced. I got the spinnies for hours. It was a nightmare. I eventually went to sleep and even in my sleep I was naseous and had to wake up to vomit. I wouldn't reccomend anyone mess around with this crap. And it can definitely be addicting

bump...

MASSIVE your right about suboxone,to a non-opioid addict it would give the effect of a opioid high but the artical is on the points of NALOXONE the chem they put in SUBOXONE and other maintenance drugs so they cant be altered by the patient to take other way i.e. IV,nasal.
NALOXONE is a drug used to counter the effects of opioid overdose, for example heroin or morphine overdose. Naloxone is specifically used to counteract life-threatening depression of the central nervous system and respiratory system. Naloxone is also experimentally used in the treatment for congenital insensitivity to pain with anhidrosis (CIPA), an extremely rare disorder (1 in 125 million) that renders one unable to feel pain. It is marketed under various trademarks including Narcan, Nalone, and Narcanti, and has sometimes been mistakenly called "naltrexate." It is not to be confused with naltrexone, an opioid receptor antagonist with qualitatively different effects, used for dependence treatment rather than emergency overdose treatment.
Its given out at needle exchange clinics in BOSTON.Like you I have a few buddys that got messed up on the junk so NALOXONE and SUBOXONE is common.
All in all this is a very interesting article.

Very cool thread. Probably bullshit, but I like outside the box thinking. Definitely true that suboxone and naloxone are completely different. suboxone contains naloxone and bupenephrine (not sure on spelling). The bupe is basically another form of artificial opiate. It will fuck you up like crazzzyyyy, I've tried a little piece of it. I was sick for 24 hours. naloxone does not get you high at all. It stops drugs like heroin from working.

No idea on if this would work. Has anyone on this site been on gear while recovering from opiate addiction with this stuff? Its pretty common, I would imagine there are people who have. Would be interested to hear how they felt, especially if they've gone through recovery while on naloxone and also off of it.

Back