Over Trained?

Friscochick

Ok! I seriously think i'm over training here... lately ive been getting sick.. Cold twice Flu one in the last 3 months, i'm extremly tired (used to be able to shake it once i got into the gym) and cant anymore, and im moody!

Ive had the advice to stop training 6 days a week and switch to 3-4. But i cant do it.. no matter how hard i try i can't stop.

HELP ME!!!!:confused:

Here's my scheldule: all days include 30 minutes cardio/abs
Mon-Back/ 3-4 excercises at 4-5 sets ranging from 15-8 reps.

tues-Shoulders/ same as above

weds-bi's tris/same as above

thursday-legs/same as above

friday-chest/same as above

Sunday- all cardio/abs

I see you've read the thread on Bodybuilding Obsession.......are you obsessed ???.......sounds like it babe.

Here is what I would suggest just to lighten up your work-load for a few weeks to see if that make any difference in how you feel.

This week skip your Tuesday workout completely, don't make it up later on either. You won't do Shoulders at all until next week.

Next week skip your Wednesday workout in the same fashion as above.

The following week skip your Thursday workout & so on till you are back at your Tuesday workout and then continue on as before, 6 day a week.

I have had great results with this method when I find I am getting burnt out and it beats taking a full week off at a time.

Good luck !!

OHH I SEE NOONE WANT TO HELP ME HMM!!

I'M GOING TO TAKE MY MOODY ASS OVER TO ELITE SEE IF THEY CAN HELP!
*STICKING MY TONGUE OUT*
THANKS STONE FOR YOUR POST!
APPRECIATE IT!

Friscochick said:
OHH I SEE NOONE WANT TO HELP ME HMM!!

I'M GOING TO TAKE MY MOODY ASS OVER TO ELITE SEE IF THEY CAN HELP!
*STICKING MY TONGUE OUT*
THANKS STONE FOR YOUR POST!
APPRECIATE IT!

I think that if you increase your calories a bit and make sure that you are getting enough vitmains, you will feel alot better.

I don't really believe in over training. I think it is more like under eating. If you supply your body with enough nutrients, your body should be able to handle it.

Easto said:
I think that if you increase your calories a bit and make sure that you are getting enough vitmains, you will feel alot better.

I don't really believe in over training. I think it is more like under eating. If you supply your body with enough nutrients, your body should be able to handle it.

Your probably right Easto, thing is i shove alotta vitamins down, i just dont have toime to cook so much.. I think your correct when you talk about food intake..

How do you manage to eat clean and enough?

I know my body couldnt handle 6 days a week in the gym, you may have to cut it back. You could always change say your sunday cardio to just a light walk

Hmm... there isn't a way I can train more than 4 days ... even when ON... :)

If I were you, I'd do dead sprints for 30 minutes... sprint for 30 seconds, then jog, sprint, then jog... if that doesn't TIRE your ass out, then nothing will... you'll find yourself unable to move for the next day.

Now, I've never done a workout program like that, nor would I really suggest it... but since you can't get enough of going to the gym and working out... I figured a good old fashion ass kicking would learn ya. :)

C-ditty

Try This

Friscochick said:
Your probably right Easto, thing is i shove alotta vitamins down, i just dont have toime to cook so much.. I think your correct when you talk about food intake..

How do you manage to eat clean and enough?

Buy your groceries for the week. Whatever you need to cook, cook it all in one night. You can then pack it up into seperate meals and then freeze or refridgerate them. When you get hungry, all you will have to do is throw them in the microwave. In the long run, you will save lots of time!

FriscoChick - I think you just need to relax get a nice long massage and then try out a new form of cardio.

And I know just the personal trainer that could assist with that.
wavey.gif

smileysex.gif

Sleep is the most important thing coupled along side of nutrition...tell us how many hrs of sleep your probably getting and what your diet look likes and maybe we can devise a plan..so you wont be so worn out from working out;)

Also something you eally might want to consider is get your blood checked! Women have a big problem with becoming anemic...especially if you've been working out alot lately. Find out if your iron is low and if is start taking a supplment. Also alot of birth control pils already have extra iron in them(not nearly enough to help u if your low though).

Also make sure your taking plenty of antioxidants and remember there is such thing as overtraining;) Each person is different.

TH ;)

in my opinion, you are overtraining. you're doing way to many sets/reps; close to 20 sets/day weight training and then cardio. i'd imagine that your cortisol levels are through the roof! try cutting your training volume in half and getting an extra hour of sleep a night (or a nap).

i hope you feel better :)

Back