Oxandrolone & Acetaminophen

JayC

..in the making
Quick question for the guys who have been around awhile..
I've run Anavar before and I know it's best to limit things (like Tylenol) while using it but I'm in a predicament.. Due to a heavy and hectic training schedule I'm nursing some sore spots/muscles and Acetaminophen/Tylenol always works best for me and really helps take the edge off the pain (along w/Ibuprofen). I only take maybe 3 or 4 extra-strength (500mg's) daily. I'm currently running a Test Cyp/Var cycle and just started the Var. I'm only running it at 40mg daily (20 in a.m. & 20 p.m.). I've also started my Milk Thistle and Vit B-6 regimn. Do you think this is ok??? Should this have limited impact on my Liver?? Thoughts??? Thanks guys!
Also, no history of any liver issues/disease. Diet is VERY CLEAN/spot on. Lots of water. Only other things I'm on are Aromasin, Aminos, Beta alanine, multi's, whey, glucos/chond, etc..

Stick with the Ibuprofen. It just isn't worth the risk to your liver unless you can get some bloodwork to show that your liver enzymes aren't elevated.

I'd be more concerned about the tylenol by itself than I would be worried about adding anavar to it. That's a lot of tylenol and that stuff isn't so friendly to the liver.

Ya.. Most people I've mentioned it to said nix the tylenol. Like Trevdog said, I've actually had numerous healthcare professionals say that Tylenol is harsher on the liver then most gear.
It just works really well for the day to day soreness/bumps/bruises. Was hoping I'd be alright on a low dose.
I'll probably have to switch to something like aleve..

I've also heard Tylonel affects your gains...

Its actually Nsaid's which have a very negative effect on protein synthesys. Those include ibuprofen, and naproxen(aleve). Never heard of tylenol having this effect. Nsaids are hard on your liver too.

Dump the tylenol,very hard on the liver.There are people out there that are so scared to use abombs but pop tylenol like nothing.

Look into it a little more and you will see that it is.Look at the book Built To Survive.Read some of Michael Mooney stuff.You can see liver values increases after just a few days on tylenol with normal dose.I would stay away from it.If you can get by dont use any pain meds.

Last edited:
Look into it a little more and you will see that it is.Look at the book Built To Survive.Read some of Michael Mooney stuff.You can see liver values increases after just a few days on tylenol with normal dose.I would stay away from it.If you can get by dont use any pain meds.

I'll have to agree here... that's the reason I'm asking "real world" opinions. During my last routine physical I was taking tylenol for a pulled muscle and my liver tests came back ok but doc said the values were on the high side of normal/a bit elevated. I know it was the tylenol.

Does anyone know, can the Milk Thistle and Vit B6 be taken at the same time as the Var dose or does it matter???

i read the the LD50 (the dose that will kill 50% of people for tylenol in humans) is 143 mg/kg. Thats a shitload of tylenol. i would be more worried about your stomach at your dose.

i read the the LD50 (the dose that will kill 50% of people for tylenol in humans) is 143 mg/kg. Thats a shitload of tylenol. i would be more worried about your stomach at your dose.

its not the stomach dose for the quick kill problem its the long term liver damage. the only elevated liver trouble ive ever had was during a bad case of the flu and i was useing different cold/flu meds and most of which had " tylenol " in then .

Hey if it works for you and no problems more power to you.I will pass on it.

Back