Pain Killers before training?

AudioMaker

Hey folks!

I realize this might have been better in the "training" forum, but since this forum has most of the chemists and pharmacists in it....;)

I was wondering what pain killers anyone might use to get a little more out of the gym days?

No, I'm not talking about getting stoned on Oxycontin and hurting yourself. I mean like dropping a couple aspirin or something similar.

Anyone doing this? Good's/Bad's ?

Thoughts?

not realy man . why would u make yourself rely on something like that. u dont need . honestly the only day i do this sometimes is on leg day because it seems i always get headaches very quickly into my workout from exaustion and pushing so hard , so i may take 1 or 2 aspirin, tylenol or advil ,. thats it . other then that , dont make it a habit to do this all the time.

not realy man . why would u make yourself rely on something like that. u dont need . honestly the only day i do this sometimes is on leg day because it seems i always get headaches very quickly into my workout from exaustion and pushing so hard , so i may take 1 or 2 aspirin, tylenol or advil ,. thats it . other then that , dont make it a habit to do this all the time.

Well quite frankly, I was thinking about it because I already take aspirin daily while on test'.

On one hand, I can see the "taboo" of getting used to taking a couple extra aspirin or Tylenol before a workout as an aid, but on the other hand there's all this other stuff.... pre-workout stuff that people take (some of it is not always healthy), and it goes right from there to people (including myself) actually injecting things into their body to maximize the product of gym time.

Because of this... I just wondered if taking 2 or 3 aspirin would help one get a couple more rep's....etc.

You gotta admit, it seems mild compared to some of the things that are frequently taken in the quest to get bigger and stronger?

No?

Back